Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Bayou

OLC should have made Tangled the E ticket ride instead of Peter Pan (especially when Pan already has an attraction in TDL plus a Tinkerbell ride too). Tangled also has way more interesting scenes to adapt to a ride than Frozen.
People noted the Frozen ride seem barren at parts but that is because the sceneries in the animation are 'barren' to start with, with the story starting in an empty castle and half of the story on a frozen mountain.
Tangled OTOH has the funny horse chase scene, the Snugly Duckling scene, Rapunzel dancing in town square scene and Lantern festival scene all suited for a vibrant ride. The little bits we got of it are so visually stunning, it's a pity we probably won't get much more for remainder of the story given reports of its length indoor.
I wish… but frozen journey actually looks great now. I thought the composition and “barrenness” needed work but that was just the video. But yeah I agree an tangled E ticket would be glorious

Stripes

OLC should have made Tangled the E ticket ride instead of Peter Pan (especially when Pan already has an attraction in TDL plus a Tinkerbell ride too). Tangled also has way more interesting scenes to adapt to a ride than Frozen.
I think the land would’ve been too dependent on a female audience. Same issue New Fantasyland had until Staggs replaced the meet and greets with 7DMT.

choco choco

Tangled is such a great movie. The last great Disney animated film. Incredible art direction and character design. Non-ironic. Eye-wateringly romantic. Desire to impress and induce wonder. A wonderful achievement, and I'm so nostalgic for that period of animators and creators. By and large, almost everyone involved is no longer at the studio.

kingo515

Everything is also just at a more comfortable scale than in hk. The castle is obviously at a life size scale, and the town buildings aren’t as huge and jarring as their hk counterparts.
but I feel so bad to know Tokyo Arendelle town buildings just are restrooms when HK Arendelle has a restaurant and 2 shops (also has restrooms) in the town buildings. I don’t know why WDI decided to put restrooms in the town buildings, what a waste…

Last edited:

Bayou

but I feel so bad to know Tokyo Arendelle town buildings just are restrooms when HK Arendelle has a restaurant and 2 shops (also has restrooms) in the town buildings. I don’t know why WDI decided to put restrooms in the town buildings, what a waste…
They have a quick service restaurant in them.

kingo515

They have a quick service restaurant in them.
yes I knew they have a restaurant in Arendelle castle, but I just want to say that I’ll be disappointed when I want to explore the Arendelle village then realise there is only restrooms in the village. I think it would be better to have a shop in Arendelle village, I kinda don’t understand why Fantasy Springs only has a shop in the hotel area.

Bayou

yes I knew they have a restaurant in Arendelle castle, but I just want to say that I’ll be disappointed when I want to explore the Arendelle village then realise there is only restrooms in the village. I think it would be better to have a shop in Arendelle village, I kinda don’t understand why Fantasy Springs only has a shop in the hotel area.
Nope. They have a quick service within the village called Oaken's Okay Foods

BrianLo

Pan is just going to be one of those rides that I suspect won’t translate well to on ride videos.

From a menu planning perspective, the three other rides are highly practical so going screen based with Pan doesn’t feel like a mistake. Especially since it’s based around SCOOP, which is a rather unique experience for TDR.

The only criticism was they probably should have gone trackless for Frozen. I just feel like Moana for the 8th gate is fairly inevitable and will obviously be a water ride. Though having too much water is hardly a problem for a park themed to ‘SEA’

It’s nice to hear tinker bell actually seems worthwhile! I’m sure opinions will run the gamut. But it actually seems like they pulled off four ‘good’ or better rides.

ThemeParkTraveller

Pan is just going to be one of those rides that I suspect won’t translate well to on ride videos.

From a menu planning perspective, the three other rides are highly practical so going screen based with Pan doesn’t feel like a mistake. Especially since it’s based around SCOOP, which is a rather unique experience for TDR.

And with Spider-Man closed for good at USJ, there will be nothing else like it in Japan. For now at least.

SplashJacket

Tangled looks a lot better than I was expecting. Tinkerbell also looks a lot better, but to be fair, I wasn’t expecting much. Pan does seem disappointing… hopefully execution is good.

The scene from the ride both looks better and more animated than the actual movie scene. Unbelievably impressive job.
IMG_2627.jpeg
IMG_2626.png

Also love this:
IMG_2629.png
IMG_2628.png

SplashJacket

Tangled ride scenes:
Scene 1: Rapunzel singing in her tower
IMG_2614.jpeg

Scene 2: Exterior Flynn and Horse approaching exterior tower
IMG_2639.jpeg

Scene 3: Rapunzel swinging around the tree
IMG_2632.jpeg

Scene 4: Ugly Duckling Exterior
IMG_2633.jpeg

Scene 5: Glowing Hair
IMG_2627.jpeg

Scene 6: Castle
IMG_2640.jpeg

Scene 7: Floating Lights
IMG_2634.jpeg

People are complaining the ride is short, but what’s there seems absolutely incredible. I don’t think Tangled needs a super drawn out ride, I’d be happy with gorgeous exteriors and then beautiful interior scenes with scale.

I really hope it doesn’t go from Ugly Duckling exterior to I See the Light. Hopefully it has an interior “I have a dream” scene which then setups the next scene (her dream of seeing the floating lanterns coming true).

I’d be more than happy with that ride length. Looks amazing.

Also seems like the complaints about the exteriors are overblown. Thought it might’ve been a leisurely stroll through heavily landscaped exteriors, but there’s animatronics and actual scenes. The tower needed to be outside and seems they executed well upon that.

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

Tangled ride scenes:
Scene 1: Exterior Flynn and Horse approaching exterior tower
View attachment 783684
Scene 2: Rapunzel swinging around the tree
View attachment 783685
Scene 3: Ugly Duckling Exterior
View attachment 783686
Scene 4: ???

Scene 5: Floating Lights
View attachment 783687

People are complaining the ride is short, but what’s there seems absolutely incredible. I don’t think Tangled needs a super drawn out ride, I’d be happy with gorgeous exteriors and then beautiful interior scenes with scale.

I really hope it doesn’t go from Ugly Duckling exterior to I See the Light. Hopefully it has an interior “I have a dream” scene which then setups the next scene (her dream of seeing the floating lanterns coming true).

I’d be more than happy with that ride length. Looks amazing.

Relative to expectations, I think Rapunzel has made the most positive impression for me. It may be smaller scale than Frozen or Peter Pan, but those scenes look E-ticket worthy in my eyes. It looks better than FEA for me at least.

Regarding the missing scene:

There's no "I've Got a Dream" scene according to leaks (maybe the music plays in the Snuggly Duckling scene though). The scene immediately before "I See the Light" is rumored to be the Corona scene in the concept art.

SplashJacket

Relative to expectations, I think Rapunzel has made the most positive impression for me. It may be smaller scale than Frozen or Peter Pan, but those scenes look E-ticket worthy in my eyes. It looks better than FEA for me at least.

Regarding the missing scene:

There's no "I've Got a Dream" scene according to leaks (maybe the music plays in the Snuggly Duckling scene though). The scene immediately before "I See the Light" is rumored to be the Corona scene in the concept art.
Definitely looks better than FEA. Its scenes seem highly effective unlike most of FEA (notably barring the initial Olaf scene, imho).

Dang, it’s a shame if there’s no “I’ve Got a Deeam” scene. There are some of the guys from Snuggly in the “I See the Light” scene including the floating naked baby man, but regardless.

What’s the corona scene from the concept art?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom