Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

SweetDuffy101

Alright, So the Frozen Ride leaked in its entirety. Peter Pan Ride is a Scoop much like Spiderman as rumored. don't think there's much animatronics on it if at all, Tangled is very short, Lantern scene is completely practical, sets are small scaled, Frozen is very good, completely obliterates FEA. Entire Let it Go Sequence plays out beautifully, with multiple scenes leading up to the ice castle being built Infront of you before entering it at the climax. Freezing of Arendelle sequence is a notable stand out scene. Multiple Switchbacks/Backwards Segments and smaller drops in Frozen Aswell.
Again, Who leaked it. You know the higher ups are going to be furious about the leak, and this is why i keep my reviews discreet.

20,000 or more cast members and guests are constantly being reminded to not leak the area.

BasiltheBatLord

I was at TDS today and there were a huge amount of people (plain clothes, not CMs) in Fantasy Springs past the planters. Are they friends/family of cast members?

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Tangled ride/queue photo leaked on Insta. Tokyo execs, this isn't my photo, don't come after me!
1714480639221.png
1714479771273.png

Last edited:

Tangled ride/queue photo leaked on Insta. Tokyo execs, this isn't my photo, don't come after me!
View attachment 782476 View attachment 782467
dosent seem to be a "come halfway around the world for it" attraction, but its giving fantasyland dark ride vibes (also comparable in length, apparently) , albiet with some modern elements and animatronics. im here for it.

ThemeParkTraveller

dosent seem to be a "come halfway around the world for it" attraction, but its giving fantasyland dark ride vibes (also comparable in length, apparently) , albiet with some modern elements and animatronics. im here for it.

Reviews have confirmed it's five minutes long including the outdoor section, so I don't think it's that short like the classic Fantasyland dark rides. But the lantern festival scene does look quite different than I imagined based on the concept art, which suggested large screens like Shanghai Pirates. I guess this also works for a smaller-scale ride to complement Frozen and Peter Pan.

aleh021

Yeah the Frozen ride was posted on Instagram and there is stuff linking to it over on reddit. Awkward.

I'm not trying to see anything as I want to be surprised! I've waited so long lol.

SplashJacket

Thoughts on the POV above:
Wow, so that’s a crazy ride. The first few scenes are bar too barren in my taste, the backwards drop could’ve been better executed, but starting from Elsa freezing the town to Anna getting her heart frozen is unreal.

The town scene is also a little too barren initially, but wow regardless.

I really don’t like the first portion of the ride, the boat going through the rooms just doesn’t look right and the rooms themselves are too barren. Even the transition between the kids and grown Anna is sloppy. I wish they chose other scenes to recreate or explore new moments, but the second half of the ride looks unreal.

Last edited:

SplashJacket

I really think they should’ve made lite versions of this ride rather than pluses versions of FEA.

They could’ve cut the kid scene and even the coronation and shortened the top of the mountain and still had a fantastic ride without spending too much more.

HKDL and Paris’s version is sufficient, but this seems more POTC scale, which both of those parks could use.

ThemeParkTraveller

Wow, so that’s a crazy ride. The first few scenes are bar too barren in my taste, the backwards drop could’ve been better executed, but starting from Elsa freezing the town to Anna getting her heart frozen is unreal.

The town scene is also a little too barren initially, but wow regardless.

Looks like it does use Shanghai Pirates’s boats, which is nice to see they’ve finally been reused.

I really don’t like the first portion of the ride, the boat going through the rooms just doesn’t look right and the rooms themselves are too barren. Even the transition between the kids and grown Anna is sloppy. I wish they chose other scenes to recreate or explore new moments, but the second half of the ride looks unreal.

My observations.

I don't think that particular video does a good job showing all the detail in the rooms. As an example, the interior castle scene appears to be elaborately themed on both sides despite the boats directing focus on the AAs. Barren to me would be something like the "Something There" scene in Beauty and the Beast which has nothing of interest happening past the first 10 seconds. I don't think there's a single scene in Frozen Journey where I felt bored watching. Even the kids scene has a scale to it that seemed impressive even in video.

aleh021

My observations.

I don't think that particular video does a good job showing all the detail in the rooms. As an example, the interior castle scene appears to be elaborately themed on both sides despite the boats directing focus on the AAs. Barren to me would be something like the "Something There" scene in Beauty and the Beast which has nothing of interest happening past the first 10 seconds. I don't think there's a single scene in Frozen Journey where I felt bored watching. Even the kids scene has a scale to it that seemed impressive even in video.

Agreed. This is definitely going to be the superior Frozen ride from all the parks around the world either way.

SplashJacket

Agreed. This is definitely going to be the superior Frozen ride from all the parks around the world either way.
I don’t really think that was ever in doubt.
The question of whether it lives up to Shanghai pirates fully depends on the finale, the video I linked cuts out before the finale. If it has full scale ships in the ice (similar to POTC Shanghai), then yeah, I think it clears that bar easily. If it’s just Elsa hugging frozen Anna and a cool effect unfreezing her, still very cool and up for debate.

ThemeParkTraveller

I don’t really think that was ever in doubt.
The question of whether it lives up to Shanghai pirates fully depends on the finale, the video I linked cuts out before the finale. If it has full scale ships in the ice (similar to POTC Shanghai), then yeah, I think it clears that bar easily. If it’s just Elsa hugging frozen Anna and a cool effect unfreezing her, still very cool and up for debate.

I think it will be the latter. Looking at the floorplan, there isn't a space large enough for full-scale ships. The few destroyed ships we see right before the video cuts off are likely it (the ones with the projections on the sails).

WaltWiz1901

Looks like it does use Shanghai Pirates’s boats, which is nice to see they’ve finally been reused.
Fairly certain those backwards/forwards switchbacks are being handled by turntables not dissimilar to the switches in Frozen Ever After. It isn't the full ride, though, so maybe there'll be a "traveling sideways" moment towards the end?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom