Finding Nemo/Dory
Atlantis
Fantasia (Sorcerer's Apprentice)
Luca (soon)
Raya (water dragon)
Frozen II (water spirit)
20K Leagues Under the Sea
Mary Poppins Returns (bath scene)

The main story driver in Moana is her connection and curiosity of the sea. Seems the most perfect fit for Disneysea yet I don’t think she’s even made it to a piece of merchandise.

It certainly makes more sense than Peter Pan and Tangled.

SweetDuffy101

It looks like The TOKyo Disney Resort resort page had Accidentally released the dates of entertainment for both parks starting
(Update the page has been deleted)

March 27,2021.

Dreaming Up!
Dreamlights!
Mickeys Magical Music World(Fantasyland forest Theatre)

Starting from April 01,2021
Usatama On the Run!

Big Band Beat Is scheduled for March 27, 2021. Re-opening.

jrhwdw

It looks like The TOKyo Disney Resort resort page had Accidentally released the dates of entertainment for both parks starting
(Update the page has been deleted)

March 27,2021.

Dreaming Up!
Dreamlights!
Mickeys Magical Music World(Fantasyland forest Theatre)

Starting from April 01,2021
Usatama On the Run!

Big Band Beat Is scheduled for March 27, 2021. Re-opening.
Still nothing on the official sites....so is this really happening? Or was it an error leak?

How close are we Believe! Sea Of Dreams?

Animaniac93-98

Unfortunately a blurry screengrab from the ImagiNations video, but this is the model of the cancelled Frozen port at Disneysea (note how small the Indy temple is next to it):
View attachment 541765

View attachment 541767

It boggles my mind that so many of these incredible detailed models were created - for built and unbuilt projects alike - and were then discarded or put into deep storage, never to be appreciated by the world.

I'd spend more money visiting a comprehensive WDI model museum than I would visiting the parks.

This looks so much better than what they ultimately decided to built. The hodge-podge of movies approach of Fantasy Springs is the same as WDW's New Fantasyland and it just doesn't work as well as a single, cohesive setting like this, even considering the superior scale and detail of the buildings for DisneySea. They were wise to have TDL's New Fantasyland just be mostly Beauty and the Beast for this reason.

lazyboy97o

This looks so much better than what they ultimately decided to built. The hodge-podge of movies approach of Fantasy Springs is the same as WDW's New Fantasyland and it just doesn't work as well as a single, cohesive setting like this, even considering the superior scale and detail of the buildings for DisneySea. They were wise to have TDL's New Fantasyland just be mostly Beauty and the Beast for this reason.
Not to mention the way Fantasy Springs is just this disjointed mass plopped onto this rather well laid out park.

TTA94

How close are we to Believe! Sea Of Dreams?
Nobody seems to want to comment on this, here or social media. If they can allow Dreaming Up and Dreamlights to return I don’t see why they couldn’t debut Sea of Dreams. I remember seeing tape on the ground in the shape of boxes along the water viewing area. That could indicate they might be planning on the shows debut soon, plus the testing they’ve been doing.

Last edited:

BrianLo

There was a leak on twitter, Frozen Land DisneySea the those town buildings was supposed to be a restroom with ridiculous numbers of cubicles on female restrooms and only 3 cubicles on male rest rooms.

I think that was already circulated about 6-9 months ago. It's somewhere earlier in the thread.

Robbiem

Moana would be a great fit but maybe OLC think its too similar in theme to Adventureland in Tokyo Disneyland? Could also be the reason why there is no 'pirateport' as I would have thought that would be an obvious theme for a sea based park. Similarly the original Frozen port theme might have been too close to Cape Cod in style(clapboard buildings etc) if not theme.

I'd still love to see a Moana area though or maybe expand the lost river to include a paradise falls area.

A couple of other ideas would be the Antarctica themed research base which has been mentioned in the past, a grecco roman area building on greek mythology or maybe an area based off an exotic (to the Japanese)part of Asia like Thailand or Cambodia, although this may be too similar tonally to the lost river

SplashJacket

The DisneylandForward project describes the Tokyo Disneyland Expansion:

"Guests visit Arendelle, the home of Elsa and Anna, and explore this 'Frozen' land filled with a thrilling boat adventure as well as a restaurant set inside a castle"

"Rapunzel’s tower overlooks a charming forest where guests board gondolas to the lantern festival to live Rapunzel’s “best day ever” with Flynn. A restaurant where she befriended a band of thieves in the film is also featured"

"The Neverland area features two attractions: one that, with the help of Tinker Bell, takes guests on a boat ride following the Lost Boys down a river; and the other taking guests on a journey to the middle of Pixie Hollow, where Tinker Bell and her fairy friends live. The area also includes a restaurant with spectacular views inspired by the Lost Boys’ iconic hideout"

Magic Feather

Moana would be a great fit but maybe OLC think its too similar in theme to Adventureland in Tokyo Disneyland? Could also be the reason why there is no 'pirateport' as I would have thought that would be an obvious theme for a sea based park. Similarly the original Frozen port theme might have been too close to Cape Cod in style(clapboard buildings etc) if not theme.

I'd still love to see a Moana area though or maybe expand the lost river to include a paradise falls area.

A couple of other ideas would be the Antarctica themed research base which has been mentioned in the past, a grecco roman area building on greek mythology or maybe an area based off an exotic (to the Japanese)part of Asia like Thailand or Cambodia, although this may be too similar tonally to the lost river
Condsidering the fact that they are in the process of building a Fantasyland Annex, I doubt they are concerned with Adventureland Overlap. The real limiting factor seems to be the property's popularity in Japan which appears to be low? Other than being present in Sea of Dreams, I've barely seen TDR use the property.

jrhwdw

Nobody seems to want to comment on this, here or social media. If they can allow Dreaming Up and Dreamlights to return I don’t see why they couldn’t debut Sea of Dreams. I remember seeing tape on the ground in the shape of boxes along the water viewing area. That could indicate they might be planning on the shows debut soon, plus the testing they’ve been doing.
It doesn't shock me that Sea Of Dreams has no date. All we've seen from overnights are Projections and Barges, no Performers yet..(Is Mickey or the Fab 5 even in this Show???? ) Knowing how TDS works through YT, They'll be doing Dress Rehearsals overnights/mornings as it gets closer to being done/open.

As far as the leak earlier this week...I'm starting to think it was Fake News! Still nothing on TDR's Site. Unless TDR is getting bad at updating their site? TDR/OLC shouldn't get our hopes up!

SweetDuffy101

It doesn't shock me that Sea Of Dreams has no date. All we've seen from overnights are Projections and Barges, no Performers yet..(Is Mickey or the Fab 5 even in this Show???? ) Knowing how TDS works through YT, They'll be doing Dress Rehearsals overnights/mornings as it gets closer to being done/open.

As far as the leak earlier this week...I'm starting to think it was Fake News! Still nothing on TDR's Site. Unless TDR is getting bad at updating their site? TDR/OLC shouldn't get our hopes up!
I read the article from Yahoo !Japan and they Asked OLC about the Show dates being leaked on the website and said that the marketing department had mistakenly put a date on entertainment, And the regular shows will return soon but in a different way, They just can't announce it right now.

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

59A8C2DD-D8D1-47F9-BA2E-B59CC69E02CF.jpeg
well this is interesting 🤔. Can we see an April Return of entertainments.

PiratesMansion

im sure they will, they nailed the hotel in the front of the park. Tokyo disney seems to be pretty good with their parks
Usually, but if the only store they can go to is only offering junk, there's not much alternative, really.

And it sure seems like it's been awhile since Disney has designed a hotel that's a 100% home run. The Toy Story Hotel is cheaper than the other hotels they've built there, but is nonetheless troubling.

Though it's also true that sitelines at the Tokyo parks have never been world's best. It's been very easy to see that lit Sheraton logo from Disneyland at times, you can see Tokyo from the top of the Treehouse, and walk along Lost River Delta towards Arabian Coast and you can easily see the back of both the castle and Splash Mountain.

Last edited:

fradz

At first I thought the background was a 'mountain' range. Then I realized it was the hotel. First pic I've seen showing how much in-park impact it will have. They have to get it right.
View attachment 543160
Great point. I would believe this is why the upper part of the hotel is so heavily arabian-themed, so that these particular sightlines from Arabian Coast are kept in check.

Attachments

• disneysea-expansion-hotel.jpg
    disneysea-expansion-hotel.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 137

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom