Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Brer Panther

The Space Mountain copy, "Alien Taxi" looks awesome in the art and is pretty far off from SM - looks like a perfect fit for Tokyo Disneyland's cancelled SciFi City.
FEH5aKf.jpg

Their take on Grizzly River Run with lots of sight gags looks pretty cool:
mh4Zt7f.jpeg
I really like this concept art. The second one's giving me Brother Bear/Country Bear Jamboree vibes.

RandySavage

Unfortunately a blurry screengrab from the ImagiNations video, but this is the model of the cancelled Frozen port at Disneysea (note how small the Indy temple is next to it):
Arendelle unbuilt 34.jpg

Frozen TDS land.jpg

It boggles my mind that so many of these incredible detailed models were created - for built and unbuilt projects alike - and were then discarded or put into deep storage, never to be appreciated by the world.

I'd spend more money visiting a comprehensive WDI model museum than I would visiting the parks.

LittleMerman

Unfortunately a blurry screengrab from the ImagiNations video, but this is the model of the cancelled Frozen port at Disneysea (note how small the Indy temple is next to it):
View attachment 541765

View attachment 541767

It boggles my mind that so many of these incredible detailed models were created - for built and unbuilt projects alike - and were then discarded or put into deep storage, never to be appreciated by the world.

I'd spend more money visiting a comprehensive WDI model museum than I would visiting the parks.
Thanks for posting. Was this an entire Frozen land that was planned and cancelled or the Frozen part of Fantasy Springs?

J4546

Maybe theyll expand indiana jones land? Id be cool with that. Or maybe they bring in their own version of camp discovery? Thatd be chill to have in that back corner, you could really set it up to give some amazing views of the park and ocean

Toni25

A Polynesian themed port would be interesting, Moana even has a water theme at core...it would flow with the Jungle vibe of the area too.
But then again, anything goes honestly. Who knows, they might use a South East Asian theme with the upcoming Raya and the last Dragon movie, I'm sure it would impress boys and girls alike (The Japanese sure love their princesses apparently).

SweetDuffy101

There was a leak on twitter, Frozen Land DisneySea the those town buildings was supposed to be a restroom with ridiculous numbers of cubicles on female restrooms and only 3 cubicles on male rest rooms.

wdrive

A Polynesian themed port would be interesting, Moana even has a water theme at core...it would flow with the Jungle vibe of the area too.
But then again, anything goes honestly. Who knows, they might use a South East Asian theme with the upcoming Raya and the last Dragon movie, I'm sure it would impress boys and girls alike (The Japanese sure love their princesses apparently).

Other than the Little Mermaid, I’d say Moana is the only other IP that fits in well with Disney Sea.
I’d go as far as saying Moana fits better than the Little Mermaid.
I presume Moana wasn’t all that successful in Japan? As far as I know there hasn’t been anything Moana related in the parks over there?

deere839

Looks like flames for the new show.

i feel like with how large the barges are and them testing the projections on the volcano and the hotel. also the screens on it this might have some good potential for one of more better shows in Disney history
edit added some other photos and videos i found

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Looks like flames for the new show.

i feel like with how large the barges are and them testing the projections on the volcano and the hotel. also the screens on it this might have some good potential for one of more better shows in Disney history
edit added some other photos and videos i found

Looks great!! Not that I care but, are those new flames? Or the same flames from Bravi/F!?

Also, Big Rumor from the other site regarding return of TDR Entertainment. Nothing on the official site yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom