Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Peter Pano

I love everything we can see so far, the exterior and the queue area. Splendid! This will be hands down the most beautiful and elaborately themed version of all the Soarins "around he world". Of course, we wouldn't expect anything less from the park that is Tokyo DisneySea.

penscerl

I’m going to Tokyo Disney from July 1st to the 5th. Any chance of soft openings of Soaring? I’m not sure if thats even a thing over there like it is in the states.

RandySavage

Some nice new pieces of the Springs:

ThemeParkTraveller

Another great job TDS. Any clarification on the frozen ride yet and if it's unique to that park?

Other than the Attractions Magazine article (an obvious mistake which they still haven't corrected), everything has pointed to Frozen being a much bigger attraction at TDS than anywhere else. The most recent OLC press release confirms once again that it will be unique to the park.

The four attractions, three restaurants and one shop in Fantasy Springs, as well as the new Disney hotel, have all been newly developed exclusively for this expansion.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Original Poster
I was very on the fence about the whole Fantasy tumor growing off of TDS but this concept art really sells it. LOVE the sculptures in the rockwork. It’s very beautiful. I think it’s going to blend really nicely with Lost River Delta and Mermaid Lagoon, especially. I’m getting Pandora vibes from this concept art, and it feels very distinct from the Fantasy “Land” concept. I feel like it’s place in TDS is justified.

Peter Pano

Some nice new pieces of the Springs:

I love that they went all out to create a unifying theme, an enchanted forest/springs, to connect these seemingly random IPs. This will be one gorgeous new area. With four new rides, shops, restaurants and a hotel it’s almost a mini theme park in itself.

Here is a promotional clip with animated versions of the new artist renderings:

Fantasy Springs

mickeyfan5534

While I’m mostly on board with the expansion, I can’t help but feel like Peter Pan is slightly misplaced alongside the two princess films. I’d have maybe liked to see them use Sleeping Beauty or Brave instead. Especially with Peter Pan at home across the street in Disneyland anyways.

mccgavin

While I’m mostly on board with the expansion, I can’t help but feel like Peter Pan is slightly misplaced alongside the two princess films. I’d have maybe liked to see them use Sleeping Beauty or Brave instead. Especially with Peter Pan at home across the street in Disneyland anyways.
On the contrary, I feel that without Peter Pan the new land would be overly dominated by princess properties. Peter Pan is both a beloved and classic film, and honestly the most exciting part of the expansion for me at least.

mickeyfan5534

On the contrary, I feel that without Peter Pan the new land would be overly dominated by princess properties. Peter Pan is both a beloved and classic film, and honestly the most exciting part of the expansion for me at least.
I get what you mean but it just feels super out of place and a bit of a safe choice to me. I will say I wouldn’t have as much of an issue if they announced that Peter Pan at Disneyland was closing and getting replaced with something else. I just think making it all Princesses or maybe using Wonderland or The Sword in the Stone would have helped that third of the land for me.

ThemeParkTraveller

I think Peter Pan fits well in TDS because Neverland encapsulates the spirit of exploration and is also a location in/by the sea. Brave also could have been made to work, but unfortunately the movie bombed badly in Japan. I personally would have preferred Moana instead to compete the trio of new WDAS princesses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom