Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

TalkToEthan

Everything about this project is just perfect

I wouldn’t go that far……….. theme(s) sorely disappoints: 2 out of 3 ‘lands’ are overused and found all over the Disney globe and all 3 have nothing to do with oceans/seas/traditional exploration.

such a lazy choice thematically for Fantasy Springs.

Now execution of this woeful theme(s) will be first class mind blowing commensurate with the quality we expect from the best park on the planet.

At least the hotel is novel within the Disney universe.

Last edited:

aleh021

I wouldn’t go that far……….. theme(s) sorely disappoints: 2 out of 3 ‘lands’ are overused and found all over the Disney globe and all 3 have nothing to do with oceans/seas/traditional exploration.

such a lazy choice thematically for Fantasy Springs.

Now execution of this woeful theme(s) will be first class mind blowing commensurate with the quality we expect from the best park on the planet.

At least the hotel is novel within the Disney universe.
Thats why its called "Fantasy" Springs.

The lands are more detailed then anything Disney has done anywhere else in the world with the IP chosen.

Look at Tangled for example, over at Magic Kingdom they are just bathrooms.

TalkToEthan

The lands are more detailed then anything Disney has done anywhere else in the world with the IP chosen.

Oh no doubt! You’re spot on.

But I still have issue with the 3 themes within Fantasy Springs not square with the overall message of Disney Sea(exploration of oceans/sea ports)

We have
Peter Pan: childhood growth
Frozen: bravery and sacrifice
Rapunzel: I don’t know, but it sure aint exploration of waterways or ports ……it belongs in Tokyo Disneyland

I mean irrespective of how much Moana bored me that should have been one of the 3 used at Fantasy Springs.

IMDREW

I would be very surprised if Moana wasn't one of the top contenders for the next expansion at TDS. The character has certainly gotten a more prominent role at the park in recent years.
I thought so too. Maybe for that one plot remaining. Where Frozen was intended to go. I’d think a polynesian port would be a great addition to the park and fulfill the IP demand.

You never know how popular certain characters are in Japan though. Moana being popular in the other resorts doesn’t mean the same can be said for Tokyos. She does have a big presence in the new parade, so that’s something.

sedati

Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 3.49.12 PM.png

Not sure if this has caught by anyone else. A still from the Imagineering video showing animatronic skin moulds for what I'm assuming is Fantasy Springs seeing as Rapunzel is included. What's interesting to me is there is also a "Child Anna" which tells me the ride will include scenes of the girls as children- something not in the other versions.

ThemeParkTraveller

What's interesting to me is there is also a "Child Anna" which tells me the ride will include scenes of the girls as children- something not in the other versions.

Based on the attraction poster, it will also be the only version to include Hans and the Duke of Weselton. My main complaint with Frozen Ever After is that it's devoid of any conflict and suspense, so I'm glad OLC went with a more film-accurate version.

TalkToEthan

"Child Anna" which tells me the ride will include scenes of the girls as children-

…….which falls in line with one of Japan’s leading societal phenomena: “cute”.

Kawaii(cuteness) is found most everywhere from trains to restaurants to sports to vending machines and what better way to showcase it than with animated children.

sedati

Based on the attraction poster, it will also be the only version to include Hans and the Duke of Weselton. My main complaint with Frozen Ever After is that it's devoid of any conflict and suspense, so I'm glad OLC went with a more film-accurate version.
To me the biggest miss has been a lack of an animatronic "Drooling Bed-Head Anna." They should sell that as a doll and Disney could have their own "Weird Barbie"

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Not to get too far ahead, but have there been any rumblings about what may be next for Tokyo expansion, or is Space Mountain considered the next push after Fantasy Springs?

BasiltheBatLord

Not to get too far ahead, but have there been any rumblings about what may be next for Tokyo expansion, or is Space Mountain considered the next push after Fantasy Springs?
Space Mountain 2.0 is next. Aside from that, I haven't heard any rumors for what's after that, aside from the speculation about an eventual Splash Mountain replacement.

There has been sightline testing balloons spotted behind Rivers of America in the past.

SweetDuffy101

From what I saw.

Breathtaking, its a jaw dropping area. like for real. I cant say much due to NDA.

let me tell you attention to details are out of this world.
Taking personal photos are allowed but Posting is banned until the grand opening.

Security is tight inside. OLC is not joking with regards to preview ticket resellers.

They may focus on 3 franchises,(Peterpan, Frozen and rapunzel) but there are other Disney characters presented.

ThemeParkTraveller

From what I saw.

Breathtaking, its a jaw dropping area. like for real. I cant say much due to NDA.

Taking personal photos are allowed but Posting is banned until the grand opening.

Security is tight inside. OLC is not joking with regards to preview ticket resellers.

They may focus on 3 franchises,(Peterpan, Frozen and rapunzel) but there are other Disney characters presented.

Did you get to preview the hotel as well?

Supersnow84

From what I saw.

What’s your opinion on how well it works with Disneysea as a wider park

Does it feel like a natural extension of sea or basically its own closed off park that just so happens to have a door into the rest of disneysea

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom