Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

SweetDuffy101

Well, this isn't something I've gotten confirmation on yet. There is reason to believe Frozen will use the Shanghai Pirates system. It and Pan are the big showpieces, while Tangled has a lower budget/building size but will still be gorgeous.
Wait, I thought Tangled was supposed to get the pirates treatment and Frozen will use a new boat ride system.

Markiewong

The Tangled ride is most likely going to be an intamin tow boat ride, the one Paris has been using. It works with a cable underneath the water that pulls the boats, so no height differences.
1663761616129.png

Frozen was rumoured to use the Shanghai Pirates system. But the boats look identical to the one from Hong Kong. See the two maquettes presented at D23. The blue seats are for Hong Kong. We know from Hong Kong that it is an Intamin chute ride (Maelstorm, Its a small world, Pirates). See the third picture for the delivered boats to HK. In addition Pirates has a 5 seater boat opposite of the 4 here. Based on this it seems unlikely that Frozen will use the ride system from Shanghai.
1663761661975.png

1663761669259.png

1663761727633.png

Attachments

• 1663761147714.png
    1663761147714.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • 1663761238882.png
    1663761238882.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
  • 1663761350271.png
    1663761350271.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 1663761375743.png
    1663761375743.png
    812.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 1663761383806.png
    1663761383806.png
    534.6 KB · Views: 59

MagicHK

T
The Tangled ride is most likely going to be an intamin tow boat ride, the one Paris has been using. It works with a cable underneath the water that pulls the boats, so no height differences.
View attachment 668180

Frozen was rumoured to use the Shanghai Pirates system. But the boats look identical to the one from Hong Kong. See the two maquettes presented at D23. The blue seats are for Hong Kong. We know from Hong Kong that it is an Intamin chute ride (Maelstorm, Its a small world, Pirates). See the third picture for the delivered boats to HK. In addition Pirates has a 5 seater boat opposite of the 4 here. Based on this it seems unlikely that Frozen will use the ride system from Shanghai.
View attachment 668181
View attachment 668182
View attachment 668183
The boat shipped to Hong Kong in the picture is probably a test boat during earlier stage as they look different from the one in D23

Markiewong

The boat shipped to Hong Kong in the picture is probably a test boat during earlier stage as they look different from the one in D23
True, but the ride system itself doesn't change anymore. In addition we have the blueprints for the Paris copy which reveals its a bigger version of Frozen Ever After (Disney itself calls the ride in Hong Kong the same see the name tag next to the D23 vehicle).

HKDLer

To meet modern safety standards, lap bars are installed because of the drops. Similar to what’s been done to Dinosaur vehicles where CCTV and loudspeakers are installed to better monitor and restrict guest movement during the ride.

Markiewong

If their changes to Frozen Ever After, will it include more drops?
Not as far as we know. Based on the partial layout we have it looks like a bigger version of the Maelstorm layout. But the location of the lifthill and the switch + drop is identical to Frozen Ever After.

1663840117096.png
1663840126305.png

SweetDuffy101

According to permits from 2 different construction agencies on site
Fantasy springs Hotel construction end date is scheduled for May 31, 2023.
Fantasy springs area construction end date is scheduled for September 30, 2023.

Of course construction end doesn't mean its going to open that time but more likely it would take weeks til it officially opens.
Since it needs approval from WDI before officially opening the areas.

PiratesMansion

Fantasy springs area construction end date is scheduled for September 30, 2023.
Dang. Looks like 2023 is off the table for me then.

As much as I'm itching to go back (and go during an anniversary celebration), they've been talking about this DisneySea expansion in some form or other for so long that I feel like it may as well be open when I finally return.

SweetDuffy101

As much as I'm itching to go back (and go during an anniversary celebration), they've been talking about this DisneySea expansion in some form or other for so long that I feel like it may as well be open when I finally return.
According from the press release of the shareholders meeting, They said the reason of the delay is due to pandemic and supply chain issues from other countries for now they can't share a specific date until the final inspection has been approved by the higher ups.

SplashJacket

I originally was supposed to return to Tokyo in 2020, but the pandemic axed that trip in 2020, 2021, and 2022.

Now I’m not returning until summer 2024 to ensure Fantasy Springs is 100% open. When you can only get to Japan so often, you might as well go after they open their enormous expansion, even if it’s a small portion of the whole trip.

PiratesMansion

According from the press release of the shareholders meeting, They said the reason of the delay is due to pandemic and supply chain issues from other countries for now they can't share a specific date until the final inspection has been approved by the higher ups.
I get that there are things that have happened that are beyond their control, but it's been very frustrating to watch this project continue to get pushed back again and again.

This was originally supposed to be done in, like, 2017 (albeit a different version of the land).

It's just exasperating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom