Tokyo Disney has cracked down on Disney Vlogging, would you want the US parks to follow suit?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Most vloggers are incredibly annoying. I understand Disney has a relationship with some of them because they use them as advertising, but I'm baffled that people make money leaching off another company like that. It's obnoxious.

How do you feel about this web site "leaching" off of Disney?

Goofyernmost

Really no different then the rules that have been in place at WDW for some time now and it hasn't lead to Disney cracking down on Vloggers/Streamers. Disney is fully aware of these people, they know what they are doing, they communicate with them when they doing something inappropriate. They clearly are ok with the current state of things.
They should be because for the most part it is very valuable free Advertising.

Wilbret

I think it could be solved with big signs at the entrance informing of etiquette and empowering cast members to enforce it when necessary. The big sign that people will ignore at least serves as "notice." Most of the time, vloggers aren't annoying, but they can be VERY annoying if they happen to be seated next to you at a restaurant or near you on a ride. It's mostly just humorous to see grown people walking around with their arm outreached, talking to themselves....

LittleMerman

How do you feel about this web site "leaching" off of Disney?
There's a difference between creating a fan forum for discussions vs. vlogging. The Trackers did it first and then others realized that people will watch anything Disney related and copied their format. A lot of vloggers have paid Patreon groups and/or gift lists and literally ask for money from their viewers. Also, a lot of vloggers sell their own merchandise that directly rips off the Disney company. That aspect is illegal but I don't think Disney cares enough to crack down on it, plus they do have relationships with a lot of the creators to use them as advertisers.

LittleMerman

This website fills a demand. As do many vloggers to be honest. They don't bother me so much. As long as their filming doesn't involve lighting/noise that affects the experience.
I def understand the appeal and attraction towards it - there are plenty of vloggers who consistently have impressive views - but there's something seedy about it. Like I said above, The Trackers did something interesting. As much as I don't like them, they did something nobody else was doing. And then everyone copied them. Seems lazy to just repeat what someone else did and piggyback, especially when it's geared towards one company. It's a cheap way to profit off another company without really adding merit to it. Again, Disney uses them as advertisers but let's get real - there are plenty of other ways to advertise. Disney basically saw what was happening and used it to their advantage.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There's a difference between creating a fan forum for discussions vs. vlogging. The Trackers did it first and then others realized that people will watch anything Disney related and copied their format. A lot of vloggers have paid Patreon groups and/or gift lists and literally ask for money from their viewers. Also, a lot of vloggers sell their own merchandise that directly rips off the Disney company. That aspect is illegal but I don't think Disney cares enough to crack down on it, plus they do have relationships with a lot of the creators to use them as advertisers.

This site has a paid group so is also making money off of Disney.

bhg469

This site has a paid group so is also making money off of Disney.
This site posts vetted information. The most popular home movie makers do not. Also this site doesn't talk or record on rides distracting other guests. I understand not all people who do this on rides are vloggers but the vloggers are the only ones who are making money to be a disturbance.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This site posts vetted information. The most popular home movie makers do not. Also this site doesn't talk or record on rides distracting other guests. I understand not all people who do this on rides are vloggers but the vloggers are the only ones who are making money to be a disturbance.

That's beside the point. The op stated " but I'm baffled that people make money leaching off another company", when this very site arguably "makes money leaching off another company".
That doesn't change anything about what I said.

Ok, so you problem is only with specific people making money off Disney, not everyone?

Wilbret

I quit the other dis site because people found ways to argue about things that didn't merit arguments... it's funny how this is happening on every single forum, everywhere. I see arguments on groups for HHN, for volunteer orgs, disney, sports, whatever. Can't we all just get along and save the arguing for the in-laws?

MadderAdder

I quit the other dis site because people found ways to argue about things that didn't merit arguments... it's funny how this is happening on every single forum, everywhere. I see arguments on groups for HHN, for volunteer orgs, disney, sports, whatever. Can't we all just get along and save the arguing for the in-laws?
People have nothing better to do for free than read their own opinions. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member

None of what you said it true! Go away! ;) ;)

StarWarsGirl

It doesn’t take a genius to imagine what would happen if someone was hit in the eye by a phone dropped from a guest in front.
They could just be like Hersehypark...
Screenshot_20220914-184214_Photos.jpg

StarWarsGirl

At Disneyland this week guests on either side of my doom buggy were on their iPhones.

I’ve yet to see any bloggers that disturb me as much as average guests who hold up phones and tablets and block my view.
I saw a vlogger the other day, which was the first time I'd ever seen one.

She had someone else recording her in front of Hollywood and Vine at around 4 pm using just her phone. It honestly wasn't obtrusive at all.

Guests recording on rides however...ugh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom