To Lift Your Spirits Up(date)

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
- Announcement of the expansion at Typhoon Lagoon has been pushed to October. However, TL cms should be able to confirm some early work going on in the area adjacent to Crush'n Gusher. Needless to say, October is going to be an exciting month.

- Work will be beginning shortly at Animal Kingdom to add additional lighting for pathways and some ride queues. New systems are also going to be added to the Tree of Life for an undisclosed purpose.

- New hidden mickeys can be found in Spaceship Earth... probably not a big deal except that I placed one there, so kudos to those who find it.

- Attempts to secure some rights to use the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy in Disney's Hollywood Studios have fallen through. Contractual negotiations had appeared to be going well several months ago, but an agreement could not be reached in large part because of the "Tolkien estate." This has intensified the WDC's attempts to shore up stronger support with Lucasfilms.

- The Haunted Mansion update is essentially complete. If you are lucky, you may get to volunteer for some testings that we will be running from time to time until the official opening. If the gate is open, that's your cue. However, there will be no "soft openings," nor will there be any announcements as to when our guest tests with the ghost host will be.

Have fun...

PhilharMagician

Thanks for the updates.

The AK news sounds like the park is definately moving more towards longer/later hours and maybe night show soon.

darthjohnny

Thanks for the info. Very interesting, though I'm glad that rumored Lord of the Rings negotiations look like they didn't go through. I don't see that fitting in with Disney. Anyone hear anything more about the rumored Pirate scene going in Great Movie Ride, or possibly even the Lucas tie-in? :)

cooleo

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear about the lighting @ AK as that would seem to indicate more evening hours. AK is very beautiful @ night. Also, as stated above. Any vague hints to the hidden mickey in SSE would be nice. I don't want it pointed out, just something such as: First half of ride on left hand side. This way I don't have to try to slide side to side across the car. :lol:

bgraham34

I would have Loved to see some LOTR but i figured it would never happen. As long as Star Tours gets an update I will be happy.

SDav10495

Anyone hear anything more about the rumored Pirate scene going in Great Movie Ride, or possibly even the Lucas tie-in? :)

If I'm not mistaken, the Pirates rumor was basically a fan creation that stemmed from this very rumor about Lord of the Rings. The original vague tidbit we were given here (don't remember the source--was it you, E-Dew?) said to expect a GMR scene based on a popular trilogy that centered around a piece of jewelry. To many it was obvious that it was LotR, but a lot of Pirate fans went off the plank and swore that it had to be PotC (because of...the Aztec gold?). So this is basically our confirmation that it was indeed LotR. I highly doubt Disney is considering adding Pirates to GMR.

Thanks for the update--we were getting worried! And yes, we will have to have a better hint about that Hidden Mickey in the future.

PintoColvig

Thanks for the info. Very interesting, though I'm glad that rumored Lord of the Rings negotiations look like they didn't go through. I don't see that fitting in with Disney. Anyone hear anything more about the rumored Pirate scene going in Great Movie Ride, or possibly even the Lucas tie-in? :)
Curious. Why wouldn't LotR fit in with Disney? If Star Wars, Indy Jones and the "bad boys from Boston" (Aerosmith) fit then certainly LotR would too.

I for one would've loved to have seen a LotR tie in. Of course, if a major Narnia attraction would be put in, I'd be happy (but I'm not holding my breath.)

PintoColvig

- New hidden mickeys can be found in Spaceship Earth... probably not a big deal except that I placed one there, so kudos to those who find it.
You are a brave one, aren't you? You brazenly post these rumors (for which I am grateful) and then you go and tell us something you've worked on in particular. Aren't you concerned that you'll be called out for violating your NDA? I guess it is possible that you placed it there without anyone else knowing about it. Either that or you don't fear getting caught because you are a Disney plant....hmmm, interesting. Well I, for one, hope you don't get in trouble and keep the updates a-comin'. Thanks for the latest update. :wave:

Piebald

I would love to see Star Wars incorporated into GMR. They could always change up the Alien scene (already kind of resembles the Death Star) and put in two AAs dueling with lightsabers or something.

WDWFanatic

Thanks for the updates, nice to hear from you again. We were worried you got in trouble and ended up as another skeleton in the haunted mansion.

Hummer1676

That stinks that LOTR negotiations are still being worked on. I really would like to see Gandalf and Frodo AA's. Oh well, thanks for the update though.

WDWFanatic

You know what id really love to see in the GMR? If anyone ever went to universal CA back in the 80 they had the battlestar galactia (sp?) scene on the tour. Id love to ride thru stormtroopers and the rebellion fighting it out on both sides of us. Then at the end of the scene luke and vader going at it with lightsabers above us on a platform. How about that:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom