To Go or Not To Go?

britdaw

Original Poster
My husband and I have decided to take a trip to Orlando for our girls' Spring Break. We were thinking about just doing Disney World, or splitting the week up and doing a couple days at WDW and then a couple days at Universal. My oldest LOVES Harry Potter and we wanted to take her to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The issue is that we have a 6 year old and an almost 2 year old, as well, and I don't think they're going to like Universal at all. From everything I've read about the park, there's not much there that my younger kids would be interested in.

Should we go anyway? And if we do, is 1 day long enough to get the Harry Potter experience?

StageFrenzy

Gut feeling is that you should stick to WDW this time, if you just stick to Harry Potter attractions and ignore the rest of the park one day is enough. However you are missing out on a lot.

Jwhee

There is much for your 6 year old to do, and the 2 year old can do the following:
ET, Feivel Water slide & play land, Barney, Minion Mayhem stationary, Shrek stationary, Superstar Parade, Animal Actors, Suess landing attractions (carousel, one fish two fish, and a show) and camp jurassic.

If the 6 year old is taller than 42 inches (my 5 year old sister is) then she can do the following: (My 5 year old sister enjoys these attractions, she might find them to be scary though)
Men In Black
Woody Woodpecker
Simpsons
Transformers
Minion Mayhem (moving)
Shrek (moving)
Jurassic park (most likely will be terrified)
The Jurassic Park flyers
Poppies
Flight of the hippo griff
Spider-Man
Cat in the Hat & Suess trolley
And most of the shows (Might be scared and not like Twister, Disaster, and T2)
Plus everything that the 2 year old can do.

So, whoever told you that your kids wouldn't have anything to do at the resort clearly doesn't know what they're talking about, being interested in an attraction is another story

JillC LI

It's ture that there are many more thrill rides at Uni that the little ones couldn't do, but there is still a lot they CAN do at Uni. One day is enough to hit a lot of highlights at both parks, but you will definitely have to run yourself ragged to do so. If you want to stick to HP attractions, you will have a great time, but as another poster said, you will be missing out on a lot. It's up to you. If you do decide to go to Uni, I would stay overnight so you can take advantage of the early opening and the free Express Pass.

StageFrenzy

Following up on what I said before you are on vacation and sticking in the Disney resort area with 3 kids including an almost two year old will be a much more relaxing vacation (hopefully) this time. However in another two years when the little one is almost four maybe the oldest is still into potter a four night stay at a Uni Resort may be just what you need as something different from the mouse. Universal hopefully will have some additional attractions for the shorter ones by then.

Mouse_Trap

Plenty to do and see there, I'd definitely go.
You could easily make a day of just the HP lands, but then you're missing out on everything else. It really is not difficult to have 3 days split between the 2 parks (obviously crowd levels play a huge factor here) Also, don't forget SeaWorld, well worth a visit if you've not been.

The biggest issue to me is the price, if you already have Disney tickets then the additional day is so cheap....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom