To cancel ohana or not...

DisneyJunkie

We went last month and enjoyed it a lot. You still get chicken, just not on a skewer. The ginger chicken is better than the skewer anyway.

None of the current menus for 'Ohana (listed on various sites) show a "ginger chicken" as part of the meal; only thing still there are the appetizer corriander chicken wings.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Wait I am confused? Ginger chicken - what is that? and what is this wrap thing that replaced the chicken skewers?
The chicken wings are prepared in a honey coriander glaze. They come in a bowl with the noodles and steamed vegetables (not on individual plates like they used to.)

The lettuce wraps are basically seasoned julienned vegetables on a lettuce leaf that you fold over (like a taco).

Last edited:

mweier

Unless chicken is the only thing you eat, go. I wish they had removed the chicken before we went as I wouldn't have wasted tummy space on it and would have had more room for the other delicious meat and shrimp. Atmosphere is cool if you haven't been to poly before. Our party of 9 had a great time - something for everyone. I give 'Ohana's food and menu a 9, compared to a 3 for Garden Grill (whose food no one in our group enjoyed)

disney4life2008

The chicken wings are prepared in a honey ginger glaze. They come in a bowl with the noodles and steamed vegetables (not on individual plates like they used to.)

The lettuce wraps are basically seasoned julienned vegetables on a lettuce leaf that you fold over (like a taco).

That is why I am confused the wings even as of January were Honey Coriander (I thought). The lettuce wraps are new but I am not against those. Do they come with the wings or is that part of the skewer course?

disney4life2008

Unless chicken is the only thing you eat, go. I wish they had removed the chicken before we went as I wouldn't have wasted tummy space on it and would have had more room for the other delicious meat and shrimp. Atmosphere is cool if you haven't been to poly before. Our party of 9 had a great time - something for everyone. I give 'Ohana's food and menu a 9, compared to a 3 for Garden Grill (whose food no one in our group enjoyed)

What is funny is that many of the other buffet type places - the food is terrible. I would never go to Garden Grill, or Cinderella, etc. I would go to the Epcot buffet type of places but that food does not appeal to me. I did Boma breakfast and dinner once - do not need to repeat

disney4life2008

None of the current menus for 'Ohana (listed on various sites) show a "ginger chicken" as part of the meal; only thing still there are the appetizer corriander chicken wings.

On the disney food blog they show the new menu. But its honey wings (from before). not ginger - it was was the latter I would not eat them

O' Hana is our family favorite. Fun, relaxed atmosphere and a great assortment of food. Everyone in our group finds something to love, even our picky granddaughter who insisted on having the mac and cheese off of the kids menu. You should at least give it a try. We have such amazing memories built around Disney that change can be hard on us, but changing chicken to lettuce wraps doesn't change the whole atmosphere...don't let the grumbling scare you away.

disney4life2008

The chicken wings are prepared in a honey coriander glaze. They come in a bowl with the noodles and steamed vegetables (not on individual plates like they used to.)

The wings and potstickers is enough for me to return. As I can easily spend $30 at Buffalo Wild Wings on wings, fries and drink alone. I was never a fan of the grilled meats - I like my meat burnt (very well done) - never touched the steak nor pork. But the grilled chicken was good.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Could a expert tell me the price of Ohana on August 13, 2014? The pricing tiers confuses me.
That day is anyone's guess. Seriously. The price is not even on the menu posted outside the restaurant. Whenever you see a price range, figure you will pay whatever is the most (and if you don't that's a bonus.) We paid 38.99/per person (not including tax or gratuity) on 6/4/14.

pmaljr

IMO, Ohana is a better experience than EMH at Epcot. Never cancel an ADR for Ohana, cuz! My favorite restaurant.

Epcot-Rules

I may catch flack for my opinion but Ohanas was a disappointment for me and my family. We have stayed at AS, BW, CSR, FWL, CR, GF, and Polly was my least favorite. Ohana's food tasted like the downstairs cafe. Mind you I only ate breakfast, but it was sub par food. The atmosphere was awesome, specially if you have young kids. They drugg my 17 year old son away from the table to follow Stitch in the parade so that was cool. I don't get to see him embarrassed very often so I did enjoy that! You know how it is with teenagers, they are to cool for that.

ratherbeinwdw

I may catch flack for my opinion but Ohanas was a disappointment for me and my family. We have stayed at AS, BW, CSR, FWL, CR, GF, and Polly was my least favorite. Ohana's food tasted like the downstairs cafe. Mind you I only ate breakfast, but it was sub par food. The atmosphere was awesome, specially if you have young kids. They drugg my 17 year old son away from the table to follow Stitch in the parade so that was cool. I don't get to see him embarrassed very often so I did enjoy that! You know how it is with teenagers, they are to cool for that.
Breakfast and dinner at 'Ohana are two totally different levels. We ate dinner in May and breakfast in June. Even though the breakfast was good, the dinner was great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom