titanic

masonp

Original Poster
I know titanic has nothing at all to do with wdw, but me and a couple of friends were discussing how good it would be for wdw to conjur up a ride about the titanic. any opinions

Gucci65

Describe what the ride would be like because all I'm thinking about is a ride that sinks to the bottom of the lagoon while AP holders get to jump safetly in rafts while the rest of us get to experience the terror that 1500 people went thru.........

No, I don't think it would be a good idea. Look at all the tradegy behind it. It's about as good as coming up with a 9/11 ride. :(

masonp

Original Poster
i was thinking more like it could be more of a stunt spectacular with 2 people being picked to be the main stars of the show. but with the effect of terror of sinking feeling

lebeau

Let's see, it was a bloated, overrated overhyped movie owned by another studio with absolutely no ties to Disney and a premise that is tragic - not magic.

I'm thinking no ;)

Gucci65

My personal opinion that that there should NEVER be a ride in any amusement park where you get to re-live a horrible tradegy.

Sorry I love thrill rides, not sheer terror ones. Are you and your friends adrenaline junkies?

Find something better to theme a ride on.

Oh and welcome to the boards!! :wave:

masonp

Original Poster
many thanks for the welcome. im sure we will be able to come up with another theme for a ride give us a couple of hours to think of some.....

Edeyore

You do get the feeling that Disney Cruise Lines wouldn't find a ride of this
type too entertaining. Keep trying, and always remember once you put an
idea out there, duck & cover.

dizknee

OH NO! ... I hear enough Celine Dion living in Quebec. I don't want to go to Disney to hear that crazy Harpee singing while I am on an attraction.

abe_bb

well, if it is anything like the movie it will get me in trouble...

I saw it in theatre in high school several times (my punishment for being friends with several girls), and every time i fell asleep. Whether being smacked awake for snoring, or slapped for my head lolling in the wrong areas... yaeh. best not make a Titanic ride.

DisJosh

I find it a little funny that some people don't even associate the name Titanic with the actual event of the ship sinking but with the movie about it instead. :lookaroun

DisneyBunny

I can understand where you're coming from when you say that perhaps a "disaster" ride would be a cool way to show off some stuntwork, and creativity.:) What 2 rides at Universal come to mind when I think of this are Earthquake, and Twister. True, while both rides are disaster-based, they are fictional disasters. (yes earthquakes and tornados happen, but they aren't about any specific event) while the Titanic was a specific, real-life event. If you research it, you can put faces with the names of the people who died, these were real people, and makign a ride out of this would just seem wrong. While i'm a huge Titanic buff, and was one waaaay before that certain movie came out:mad: , I think it might be better to let a Titanic ride rest. There is a travelling event that is crossing the country with artifacts from the actual Titanic - that caused a stir because people looked upon it as grave robbing. Not that i'm saying that your idea is like that, it's just that it would be rather difficult to drum up support for it, let alone funding.

TheBig2er

Maybe Disney Could rebuild teh twin towers and fill it with people and then fly a couple planes into it, That would be fun wouldn't it? I don't usually say negative things but you are an idiot. Let's have a ride about people who died. Moron. You should be slapped in the head.

Slipknot

There is a Titanic museum (at least I think it is a museum... never been there, yet) on International Drive not too far from WDW.

hcswingfield

The movie just made me want to go to the bathroom really bad. 3-plus hours of water, water, rushing water, oh why did I get the extra large Coke?

bgraham34

dizknee said:
OH NO! ... I hear enough Celine Dion living in Quebec. I don't want to go to Disney to hear that crazy Harpee singing while I am on an attraction.

Too Funny, i agree 100%

I do like the Ap'ers being put into rafts though.

hcswingfield

dizknee said:

She likes you. She always says nice things about you!

masonp

Original Poster
Hey it was only an idea stop getting on your high horse and lighten up. not as if you have come up with any ideas.:mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom