Tips on ADRs for large (9+) groups

Missing20K

It’s been over a decade since I’ve been to WDW as I’ve spent my dollars exploring Disney’s other parks. Considering that, the MDE/ADR process is pretty new to me. Last time it was just my gf, now wife, and myself and we never had trouble walking up for dining. Flash forward 13 odd years and we have 3 little ones. Grandparents being grandparents they’ve decided to spoil my children ;) with a trip to the world. So at various times throughout the stay we may have upwards of 9-10 people (3 kiddos, 6-7 adults) trying to eat at the same restaurant and same time.

I’ve dabbled with the MDE app and it seems nigh impossible to get a reservation for 9 or 10 people at the same restaurant/time even 60 days out. Should I split the ADR into two parties? Would they still attempt to seat the entire party together or near each other? Any tips are much appreciated.

paul436

My own experience is to call and speak to a cast member who can offer feedback, options and troubleshooting. I've always found WDW electronic options unwieldly for things outside basic requests and options.

Upvote 0

erstwo

I have a party of 11 arriving this week. You don’t say when you are traveling to WDW, but I can tell you that currently they aren’t booking tables larger than 5 (except for Swan & Dolphin restaurants). And there is typically no way to circumvent that 5 person limit on the app. So in order to ensure my party of 11 at least had the same arrival time (two tables of 4, one table of 3 - all arriving at 6:00 for example) I had to call and make the reservations with an agent on the phone.
It’s usually a long wait to talk to someone but they were very helpful!

Upvote 0

Missing20K

Original Poster
Thanks for the help! I was also told I have to split any party over 8. Either way, it seems calling would be more productive than attempting to book through the app.

We will be there the last week of Sept. Hoping the first year back to “real” school will lighten the crowds up enough to find open tables for our preferred restaurants/times.

I guess now I get to look forward to, what seems to be the obligatory, hour plus wait until an agent picks up.

Upvote 0

carriebeth

If you decide to split your party and book online you will need more than one my Disney experience accounts to use. If you try to book two reservations near the same time on one account it won’t let you. This is true even if your reservation is for fewer people than your travel party.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you decide to split your party and book online you will need more than one my Disney experience accounts to use. If you try to book two reservations near the same time on one account it won’t let you. This is true even if your reservation is for fewer people than your travel party.
I've actually been able to do it without another account with no issue. Both reservations were loaded to the guest MDE

Pam

Upvote 0

carriebeth

I have never been able to. I have 8 children so we are a party of 10 at least and sometimes my sister or brother in law will join us part of the time. There are places that won’t book that many on one reservation online. If I ever try to book a second it always makes me cancel my first reservation to proceed
I've actually been able to do it without another account with no issue. Both reservations were loaded to the guest MDE

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom