Tips for those about to go to WDW

Flower

Original Poster
Just got back-was at OKW from Nov.4 - Nov.11.

If you haven't tried Boma's at AKL, you must. Simply the best food at WDW. I had to be rolled out.

We went to MK with a 9:00 opening. Got there around 8:20 hoping to get thru security before the crowds. All guests were kept behind the gates before the monorail!! CMs just herded us altogether at each of the gates. At 8:50 they open all the gates for a mad rush to the single monorail line. SO STUPID. I can only imagine how many little ones got lost in this crazy race for the monorail. Once at MK, there were huge lines to get thru security and then to finally enter the park.

If you have small kids, do Fantasyland 1st. We got on Pooh two times before the line got long. Then do Tomorrowland, then hit SM and BTRR. There were no lines at any attractions at the times we hit them.

Test Track rocks! Go on as a family right when EPCOT opens, then use the singles line when you go back again and again. This way your kids know what to expect without a long wait.

Flower

Original Poster
Originally posted by markymark
Glad you had a good trip, Flower!

I agree with what you said about Boma too. How good is the AKL?

We did not stay there. We did however check out the savanah when we had finished at Boma's. There was a storyteller outside around a large fire. The animals were all where you could see them. The pool looked pretty neat also.

I would have to imagine if one did stay at this resort, you would have to get one of the rooms facing the savanah. They all had pretty good size balconies. It would be wonderful to have a cup of coffee watching the animals in the ealry morning when they are quite active.

For me however, we are OKW fans. I think I'd try AKL once, but I love the size of the accomedations and the quiet at OKW.

Megara

Wow, your trip is over already?? Time flies. I especially like the tips about MK opening (what a headache) and going right over to Pooh. :)

I loved Boma too. Not everything on the buffet, but enough so that I had to roll myself out as well. And a friend says they have the best coffee on site.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Flower

I would have to imagine if one did stay at this resort, you would have to get one of the rooms facing the savanah. They all had pretty good size balconies. It would be wonderful to have a cup of coffee watching the animals in the ealry morning when they are quite active.

Yes, it is quite wonderful! We did that last June. But, I had to be awake at around 6-6:30 to see the animals up close.

Beauty and the

Originally posted by marciahahn

Yes, it is quite wonderful! We did that last June. But, I had to be awake at around 6-6:30 to see the animals up close.

How could you get up so early, You're supposed to be on vacation:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom