Because I’ve visited MK on my own a few times, I thought I might share a few tips that might help you out during your visit. Some advice might already be covered by other threads or other people, but I still thought I’d share some tips based on my own experience. Note that everything is sorted into different categories. Each category will have its own post to avoid making a single, VERY long post
- If you’re staying at the contemporary, it’s quicker to walk to the Magic Kingdom.
- Despite the above, if you’re feeling a little tired and don’t feel like walking back to the contemporary, the monorail is going to be the most convenient since the next stop is the contemporary.
- If you’re going to MK and you’re staying at the poly and don’t like waiting at the Grand floridian monorail station for people to board, take the boat or bus (if offered) over to the Magic Kingdom. I’d have a wheelchair or stroller that you do not wish to or cannot be folded or have an elctroc wheelchair or ECV/Scooter, it is not advisable to take the boat.
- If there’s a long line for the express monorail and you’re heading to the Transportation and Ticket Center, take either the resort monorail (will stop at the contemporary resort first) or, if there is not a big line for it, the Ferry boat
- If you’re at the TTC and the express monorail has a line, again, try either the resort monorail (will stop at the poly and grand Floridian first the ferry boat, likely not going to have a line.
- Note that, at least from my experience, the express monorail does not go to the TTC in the morning, and only departs from the TTC. The resort monorail will go to the TTC during this time, however.
- The motor Launch boats (the small boats with the awning) are not handicapped accessible (IIRC), but strollers and wheelchairs may be brought on folded. If you do not want to or cannot fold the stroller/wheelchair or have an electric wheelchair and are going to or coming from the wilderness lodge, wait for a motor cruiser (the boat that looks like a small yacht) or take the bus.