tips foe honeymoon in WDW?

pablodames

tips for HoneyMoon in WDW?

I'm a new member and I am planning -with my future wife- to travel to WDW (honeymoon!!!!) the last 15 days of January. It wanted to know if they know some "tricks" "tips" or "counsels" to do more pleasing our honeymoon. Many thanks to all from Argentina. PABLO

Calhoon

The best advice I can give would be to make sure that you pretty much let everyone, everywhere know that you guys are on your honeymoon. From your resort to the restaurants you go and everywhere in between. Obviously don't be obnoxious about it, but casual conversation is cool. You never know what kind of "hook up" you'll get. We got a huge resort upgrade, tons of free apps and deserts, various discounts all over. It was great. Another little bit of advice.....please dear God, DON'T wear the bride and groom ears!! I know people will get on my case for this, and tell you to wear them with pride. For lack of a better term, you'll just look GOOFY.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Calhoon said:
The best advice I can give would be to make sure that you pretty much let everyone, everywhere know that you guys are on your honeymoon. From your resort to the restaurants you go and everywhere in between. Obviously don't be obnoxious about it, but casual conversation is cool. You never know what kind of "hook up" you'll get. We got a huge resort upgrade, tons of free apps and deserts, various discounts all over. It was great. Another little bit of advice.....please dear God, DON'T wear the bride and groom ears!! I know people will get on my case for this, and tell you to wear them with pride. For lack of a better term, you'll just look GOOFY.
I won't get on your case about it, Calhoon ;) , but I will respectfully disagree with you! I love seeing people on their honeymoon wearing the bride and groom ears - I always congratulate them and they usually get biiiig smiles on their faces.

Besides, you can't get more of a subtle hint that you're on your honeymoon and should therefore get some special treatment!! :lol:

Upvote 0

Calhoon

Ok, LG77, you got me. I guess that would be the best way to "announce" your honeymoon. No talking or hint dropping needed. Wear the ears if you want to, Pablo! It might help you out with my first bit of advice.

Upvote 0

Pippa

My husband and I wore the hats a couple of weeks ago and they definately get you a few perks, besides you're in WDW, most people a wearing silly hats!!!!!

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

I LOVE seeing couples wear the bride and groom hats...and what better way to let everyone know your on your honeymoon? They are an easy way to let CM's know especially. But, it's up to you. I would though...in fact, everytime I see a couple wearing them, I like to remind my DH that he should have taken me to WDW for our honeymoon like I asked him to! :)

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Upvote 0

dumboflyer

We wore the bride/groom ears when we were on our honeymoon and it was FUN but they didn't stay on very well, so tell your bride to bring some bobby-pins! Or get the bride/groom pins to wear on your lapel.

AND tell EVERYONE! All will be happy for you and get you free stuff (even free dessert!).

If you are staying on Disney property, get some breakfast in bed room service. I've never done that except for one morning on the honeymoon. It was fun to pretend we are "fancy."

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

We wore the hats on our wedding day (got marired at the Wilderness Lodge) and wore them for about 4 days total (definately have bobbie pins (they sell white ones at your local Walmart) for the wife, the hat will not stay on without them. My husband didn't mind wearing the hat but by day 4 he was getting a dent on his forehead from the hat. It's made wider than long so it was pressing constantly. We than switched to the bride and groom pins for the last 3 days. Heck where else could you go and wear a hat with mouse ears attached and not look like your out of your mind. Have a blast on your honeymoon, make some great memories to take home with you

Be ready to say THANK YOU a LOT!!!!!!!!! Everyone sees the hats and congratulates you, some may ask of your wedding, but most will just say Congratulations and move on.

Upvote 0

Matpez

Wear the ears, and get the pins. You will not regret it! I did it in April, and you are treated like royality by everyone including all the other guests! And if you can, were the to the Hoop De Doo for an expierence you will never forget!:)

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

Pablo: It seems like we have the same idea! I will be honeymooning with my fiancee in mid-late Jan '07. We'll be at WDW for a few days, then a 4 night Disney Cruise.

The best tips I've gotten are wearing the bride and goorm ears. I've already got mine and I presented them to my finacee during my proposal (after she had said yes).

I've also heard that horse-drawn carriage rides at POR are nice.

Our plan is take things nice and slowly as they come. Last time we went (Jan 05), it was her first time, so we wanted to see and do as much as possible, which ended up in sort of a rushed trip. For our honeymoon, we're going to take things slowly, and 'stop to smell the roses', so to speak.

Upvote 0

Burgstressera

My recommendation would be to do the couples massage at the Grand Floridian. I believe it is called a Romantic Evening.

It was incredible. :)

You will be in one candlelit room together with two massage therapists. The massage is so relaxing and is much needed after all those months of wedding planning. :sohappy:

Send me a PM if you have any questions about it.

Upvote 0

Pippa

The bride hat is $10 and there is also a bride headband with sparkly sequin ears and veil for $16, I got the headband and found it a lot easier to take off on rides.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Matpez said:
Wear the ears, and get the pins. You will not regret it! I did it in April, and you are treated like royality by everyone including all the other guests! And if you can, were the to the Hoop De Doo for an expierence you will never forget!:)

I know this is off topic but I have to ask this of you..... Where in blazes did you meet George "The Animal" Steele? Your avatar is great

Upvote 0

Matpez

I am a videographer by trade, and one of my jobs each year is at the Official Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum in Amsterdam, NY. Since George Steele is a big supporter of the PWHF he is always around, and since I help run the show, he and I work together quite often. More info at www.pwhf.org.

Now back on topic, we wore the ears around the parks and took them off for rides they wouldn't be good on and just held them. They are worth weraing over the pins because they get so much attention. Some (of many more) examples. We got our own private boat on Splash, and then were give the picture for free. We were given extra FP to Test Track. You get extra special attention from the characters who all want to point at the hats and congratulate you. When out to eat the staff treats you extra nice, and will usually decorate the tables if they are expecting you. Everyone will take your picture together for you and be happy to do it. And so much more. It really is worth it. Get the pins as well and that way you have them if you decide the hats aren't for you or you just don't want to wear them everyday. Just at least wear them to MK. :king:

Upvote 0

tikiman

We spent our honeymoon in WDW and the best suggestion to make it a great stay is pick the perfect resort. It was nice to have a resort that was a destination on its own. We did the Yacht Club and the Polynesian and it was nice to return from the parks to both of these resorts. Also we stayed concierge so everywhere we went to eat concierge noted on the reservation that it was our honeymoon.

I also looked into the Disney Honeymoon package and it was not worth the money for what you got. In fact you could just order the same stuff from WDW Florist and it would have cost less.

Upvote 0

honeymoon2006

HoneyMoon 2006

My future bride and i are going on our honeymoon on May 06. We are staying at the beach club. Has anyone stayed there and any tips for me.. Also anyone have any good ideas on fun things to do there.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
honeymoon2006 said:
My future wife and i are going on our honeymoon on May 06. We are staying at the beach club. Has anyone stayed there and any tips for me..

Yup, stayed there in 2000 for our honeymoon. My only suggestion - wear the bride-and-groom Mickey ears everywhere! Ok, and also make sure you mention that you're on your honeymoon in your room reservation and any lunch/dinner reservations you make.

Upvote 0

Matpez

honeymoon2006 said:
My future wife and i are going on our honeymoon on May 06. We are staying at the beach club. Has anyone stayed there and any tips for me..

Just be aware that if you are relying on the disney busses from the beach club plan to be at the bus stop at least 45 minutes before you want to be somewhere. That was what I most disliked about staying there. Other than that, it is a very nice place to escape to when you need to get away from the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom