Tipping

BuddyThomas

Which means that it doesn’t have to be required by the restaurant. You’re all in a huff that your experience wasn’t accepted as a universal truth but you acknowledge that these things vary by restaurant.
I’m not “all in a huff” about anything. You have already heard from a member who worked at a WDW restaurant that servers tip out bartenders. This is a pretty universal concept.

Chi84

Premium Member
Which means that it doesn’t have to be required by the restaurant. You’re all in a huff that your experience wasn’t accepted as a universal truth but you acknowledge that these things vary by restaurant.
There are variations but if you do some research into it tip-outs are a very common practice.

Club Cooloholic

This is worse than when I fought someone over med rare steak.....
I never know what the purpose of the tip forums are. People ask a question they get a response and then people that don't follow social mores argue that they don't have to do what is common practice. Nobody says they have to tip, legally, but do they expect to be praised for their behavior?

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

I never know what the purpose of the tip forums are. People ask a question they get a response and then people that don't follow social mores argue that they don't have to do what is common practice. Nobody says they hqvw to tip, legally but do they expect to be praised for their behavior?
They are people who have probably never waited on a table in their entire lives, and they think they are experts on the requirement of waiters to tip out bartenders, bus staff and sometimes other staff as well. I actually think they just want to argue.

RoadiJeff

This whole tipping thing has gone way overboard. I'm old enough to remember when 10% was considered the norm. Then it became 15% for a while. Now, it's 20% and I've seen a suggested 25% at places more often.

I'll play the 20% game IF the service was satisfactory. If not, my gratuity is adjusted accordingly. Also, I do not tip sales tax although they figure that in at the bottom of your bill when automatically calculating a suggested tip percentage.

Tony the Tigger

Yes, but why?

Why the extremely arbitrary of 6 or more? Why not 15? Or 1 or 2?

What is so magical or significant about 6 being the threshold to automatically assign 18%?

Furthermore why automatically assign a tip when that goes against the very definition of tip. Tip means a voluntary gift. But when automatically added it now is no longer a tip.
You can take a chance on getting stiffed by certain kinds of people 🤨 on a table for two, but a table for 6 is too big to risk it.

They would rather not serve you - the staff as well as the restaurant. You are free to dine where no tip is added.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom