Tipping

lisa2465

Hi everyone, feel kinda foolish asking this question, but wanted everyones opinion on this. Do you leave a tip in the room at the resorts daily for the CM's or just one when you leave. Any thoughts would be great.:shrug:

Auroragirl

I know I've read about this on the boards before....

I could be wrong; however, I've read on these boards that tipping for housekeeping (mousekeeping) is not necessary :shrug:

But I just feel weird not leaving a tip for the person who 'cleans' your room, wipes down the counters (hopefully not with your toothbrush.... :eek:) and bring you clean towels. (j/k)....

Personally, I do leave a tip..... depending on the amount of people in our room, somewhere between $2-3 per day.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I usually leave an envelope with $2 per day each day. The mousekeepers change, so if you tip at the end it might go to someone who only did your room one or two days.

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

I usually leave a tip each day especially if i keep getting the cute little towel animals. My last trip, however I stopped tipping 2 days into the trip because mousekeeping was far from stellar.

I tip based on service and wasn't getting proper service. That's the only time I didn't give a little each day, however

Upvote 0

Philo

I usually leave about $2 each day with a note to let them know to take it - we've had a few occasions where the room is nice and tidy but the tip is just where we left it. I guess no-one want to take the risk of accidentally stealing.

Upvote 0

coltow

We normally just do it at the end if we feel it necessary. We had remarkable people at Pop last month. There were 2 days where I was in the room with my 2yo napping (DH & DS @ pool). I put the do not disturb sign on the door. When DH returned there was a big bag of towels, soaps, etc hung on our door. We never thought they would do that we had every intention of making due with what we had. We were very appreciative. We were there 8 nights and we left $25 at the end, $3 per day.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I usually leave an envelope with $2 per day each day. The mousekeepers change, so if you tip at the end it might go to someone who only did your room one or two days.

I used to do that, but then my thinking changed.

I tip based on service. If someone does a super job on the room, and I leave a good tip the next morning, that person may not be the one getting the tip.

So I just tip at the end of the trip. That way I don't need to bother with singles.

-dave

Upvote 0

mickey7879

We just got back and every day we tipped $2. Just left it on the bed. If I had any special requests, I'd leave them a note with a little extra money if we had it on us. They always took the money and usually did our requests. The last day we left $5 as a little bonus to whoever had to totally clean the room to get ready for the next guest.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

I tip daily with notes written on the note pad provided in the room along with any special requests. That seems to work best for me.

If there is a problem with the housekeeping, I call the front desk and tell them the problem, and they always get it resolved. I've never, ever had a housekeeping issue that wasn't resolved on the spot, so I've never had to withhold a tip based on a grudge.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Same here. (Except we leave $5 a day)
Last time we made up some envelopes before we left home that said 'For Housekeeping - Thanks', or something like that, and used one per day.

Putting it in an envelope makes it clear that it's for Mousekeeping and not just some of your money that you left lying around the room.

:)

Upvote 0

rkelly42

The norm for tipping housekeeping is usually $2 a day and to leave it in an envelope at the end of your trip in the room for them. Once again this is a personal decision. There are a lot of opinions on tipping around here but this is just the norm for those who do tip housekeeping staff.

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

For me, $2 per day at the end of the stay.

Having worked at a resort for many years, and knowing tons of housekeepers, they said this is the most common practice.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I usually tip a $1 per person per night! I do leave the tip every morning as opposed to one large tip at the end of my stay! I have had different mousekeepers during a week's stay. Last year our mousekeeper came to say goodbye to us on our last day and thank us for everything - it was quite nice!

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I don't always remember to tip. I try to leave a few bucks a day. But now I am DVC so I have to do it less often which I usually remember more.

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

If there is a problem with the housekeeping, I call the front desk and tell them the problem, and they always get it resolved. I've never, ever had a housekeeping issue that wasn't resolved on the spot, so I've never had to withhold a tip based on a grudge.

Unfortunately I didn't have the same experience on my last stay. The morning of Day 2 we asked to have an extra towel in the room because we had 3 people and only two bath towels and were asked "What did you do with the other one?" We told her we only had 2 bath towels and my niece wanted a large one since the smaller towels don;t even cover her waist and she wanted to wrap in it when she got out of the shower. She then said that she usually doesn't give bath towels to kids but we can have one today just don't expect it every day.

WE talked about complaining then but decided that we would wait because if there were no more issues we didn't need to complain.

On the morning of day 3 in my room someone elses underwear was on the floor next to my bed. We called and asked if there was a housekeeping manager that we could speak to and her response was "Well are you sure it's not yours? Well I guess throw it in the garbage." No follow up and nothing done.

On the morning of day 5 the room wasn't cleaned at all and on day 6 there was a nightgown belonging to someone else in our room.

Kind of grossed me out, Guest services apologized, housekeeping did not and we were once agian told that it was probably ours (I don't look crazy or senile, I swear...I would know if it was mine) and to throw it out.

After that no tips

Upvote 0

Auroragirl

Unfortunately I didn't have the same experience on my last stay. The morning of Day 2 we asked to have an extra towel in the room because we had 3 people and only two bath towels and were asked "What did you do with the other one?" We told her we only had 2 bath towels and my niece wanted a large one since the smaller towels don;t even cover her waist and she wanted to wrap in it when she got out of the shower. She then said that she usually doesn't give bath towels to kids but we can have one today just don't expect it every day.

WE talked about complaining then but decided that we would wait because if there were no more issues we didn't need to complain.

On the morning of day 3 in my room someone elses underwear was on the floor next to my bed. We called and asked if there was a housekeeping manager that we could speak to and her response was "Well are you sure it's not yours? Well I guess throw it in the garbage." No follow up and nothing done.

On the morning of day 5 the room wasn't cleaned at all and on day 6 there was a nightgown belonging to someone else in our room.

Kind of grossed me out, Guest services apologized, housekeeping did not and we were once agian told that it was probably ours (I don't look crazy or senile, I swear...I would know if it was mine) and to throw it out.

After that no tips

:eek: Thats disgusting!!! No Tip for sure!!!!!
What resort were you staying at?

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

That is certainly a bizarre happening.

:)

Yeah, I'm just glad I was traveling with my sister and neice and not my boyfriend. Can you imagine the explaining he would have to do when I found a pair of panties next to the bed that weren't mine?

They were kind of beige, granny panties at least twice the size that any of us wear in the room so they were definately not ours

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom