Tiny Update on Lights Motors Action

esauerh

Original Poster
The rest of the sign at the attraction will be installed soon. I saw it on the back of a truck when I was driving down I-4 yesterday on my way to work.

:D :D :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thats the spirt! Welcome to the boards!

This kind of post makes me kind of jeleous I`m 3000 miles away...

tigger248

esauerh said:
The rest of the sign at the attraction will be installed soon. I saw it on the back of a truck when I was driving down I-4 yesterday on my way to work.

:D :D :D

Wow! That's awesome! I think it would be so cool to see a sign or a part of a new WDW attraction being brought to its new home. I saw some online pics of the nautilus subs on the back of trucks heading to WDW when 20000 Leagues was being built. I would have done anything to have passed one of those trucks and it would have been greater to get a picture of it! The sign sounds really cool! Did you get to take any pictures?

The neatest thing I've ever seen on the highway was a helicopter on the back of a truck once. Not as impressive as the sign, but it was pretty fun when I told my teacher that I was late for my private violin lesson because I got stuck behind a helicopter on the highway. :lookaroun

yensidtlaw1969

tigger248 said:
Not as impressive as the sign, but it was pretty fun when I told my teacher that I was late for my private violin lesson because I got stuck behind a helicopter on the highway. :lookaroun
Ugh, don't you just HATE when that happens? :lookaroun

Legacy

TpaDonaldFan said:
how do ya put a pic in here?
You need to upload it into the Photo Albums and then create a link. The only way to post pictures directly into the thread is to become a Premium Member :D.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended

DCL

Wow! That's awesome! I think it would be so cool to see a sign or a part of a new WDW attraction being brought to its new home.

When they were building the Swan and Dolphin hotels, my family got to see them putting the giants swans and dolphins on top of the hotel. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.... those things are absolutely gigantic!

Dreamflight4Eva said:
When they were building the Swan and Dolphin hotels, my family got to see them putting the giants swans and dolphins on top of the hotel. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.... those things are absolutely gigantic!
They look more like fish, not dolphins. i never got that...:veryconfu

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
In the words of Robin Williams on Inside the Actor Studios.

It's Disney.

No, but seriously, its Disney. Its a fish, but they call it a dolphin...so use your imagination and remove the scales of the fish to see the dolphin.

Budke

hypercatmatt04 said:
They look more like fish, not dolphins. i never got that...:veryconfu

They are dolphin fish, not mamal dolphins like Flipper. The idea is that the dolphin fish represent the world from the surface of water and below while the swans represent the world from the surface and above.

Rode a Mears shuttle in on one trip. The driver's husband is a fiberglas fabrication artist with Disney. He worked on all the figures and fountains on top of those hotels.

++++++

Adding a link: http://indian-river.fl.us/fishing/fish/dolphin.html

Disney makes them look nicer than they really are.

Captain Hank

IndyandMarion said:
In the words of Robin Williams on Inside the Actor Studios.

It's Disney.

Warning: Thread drift...I loved that when Robin Williams went on the Actor's Studio. I've actually imitated his "It's Disney!" a few times while I was working.

Bagheera

Budke said:
They are dolphin fish, not mamal dolphins like Flipper. The idea is that the dolphin fish represent the world from the surface of water and below while the swans represent the world from the surface and above.

Rode a Mears shuttle in on one trip. The driver's husband is a fiberglas fabrication artist with Disney. He worked on all the figures and fountains on top of those hotels.

++++++

Adding a link: http://indian-river.fl.us/fishing/fish/dolphin.html

Disney makes them look nicer than they really are.
From an article I wrote over on MousePlanet a while back:
Disney has done a tremendous job over the years of building up the hill behind and next to the France pavilion and doing further landscaping to try to hide those wrongly located hotels. However, they can't quite hide the view of the misplaced fish and fowl, and it disrupts the theme. [Don't start telling me that dolphins are mammals. I know that. However, the sculptures on the roof are based on the 17th Century Italian sculptures by Bernini of dolphinfish, also known as dorado or mahimahi.]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom