Tiny Test Track update

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
Hi everyone, just a tiny little update I noticed recently but hadn't seen mentions, I know the new LED head lights have already been posted but On Star is now mentioned at the end of the attraction. Just as the car is reaching the last monitor of the attraction after the thermal imaging but before unload it now the spiel says downloading On Star logs.

Also, at the very beginning just after load with the female voice "hello the seat belt check is just around the corner......" a new male voice has been added with the Spanish variant.

t3techcom18

Hi everyone, just a tiny little update I noticed recently but hadn't seen mentions, I know the new LED head lights have already been posted but On Star is now mentioned at the end of the attraction. Just as the car is reaching the last monitor of the attraction after the thermal imaging but before unload it now the spiel says downloading On Star logs.

Also, at the very beginning just after load with the female voice "hello the seat belt check is just around the corner......" a new male voice has been added with the Spanish variant.

That's actually been there for quite some time now, but, yay for an update! Don't get many of those around here anymore...

flavious27

How I love that corporate advertising.

LucyintheSky

Yeah, I noticed that On Star thing a few weeks ago. I'm not sure when it was added, because I don't ride Test Track that often, even though I'm in the park all the time.

ToTBellHop

I also noticed this week that, for the first time in awhile for me, the cones that you drive over during the non-ABS brake test were working. I'm sure this has been sporatic over the years, but it was the first time I had seen them working in a long time. Neat effect that makes it clearer that the car is not able to make the turn.

JWG

It was added about 3 years ago.

Really?! I don't remember it prior to our trip in early December early. We only go about every 12-18 months, but our last trip was Jan. 2010 and I didn't remember the On-Star spiel then. Of course, let's be honest, I'm not listening very closely.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Don't remember the effect last year in October... they have to be newer than that.. except the cone that thing just doesn't like to work

T-1MILLION

Don't remember the effect last year in October... they have to be newer than that.. except the cone that thing just doesn't like to work

It is really not an effect it is just a bit of audio added as a plug for "Onstar" at the end.

It has been there for around 3 years as said.

Just got back a couple days ago and all the effects were finally working again! The trip before all the effects weren't working well at all. We braked twice before the truck and the crash doors were wide open the whole time.

CaptainShortty

Test track really could use an overhaul. It's one of my favorite attractions but so many of the effects brake down that it looses its effect. I think a good month or two cleaning of the attraction would do it wonders and bring it back up to speed with how it was in the beginning.

RSoxNo1

I don't recall ever seeing the cone working.

I'm still bitter that the barrier test car doesn't move towards the wall and have the hood crushed anymore.

epcotWSC

Test Track needs a new design. It's just not that thrilling. A few seconds of going 60mph and then you say, that's it? I do more than 60MPH in my car everyday. Sure there's no banked curves, but meh. How about dodging obstacles in the road, slamming into the breaks before you're about to slam into another car, maybe climbing steep hills and doing jumps? That would be sick.

Bravo 229

Test Track needs a new design. It's just not that thrilling. A few seconds of going 60mph and then you say, that's it? I do more than 60MPH in my car everyday. Sure there's no banked curves, but meh. How about dodging obstacles in the road, slamming into the breaks before you're about to slam into another car, maybe climbing steep hills and doing jumps? That would be sick.

Agreed. I just hope that if they ever decide to redesign it, that they answer the questions of "what will be the vehicle of the future" and "what will we be able to do with this vehicle" in the ride. Let's make it a truly Future World once again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom