Tinkerbell position

aberax

Original Poster
I'd like to see if anyone on here knows details about seeking the job.

I've been interested in the job of tinkerbell at Disney World since I first saw her many years ago. I am now very interested in actually taking action to do it. In trying to get more information I'm unsure to look at stunt or character. I've been told things like height and weight requirments by someone who used to work there. Though some advice from a current employee would be nice.

Thank You.

I don't think you have to be a stunt person do get the position. My friend completed her audition for flying Tink last Friday night and got to fly from the castle and she is by no means a professional stuntman. I don't really remember the details about it but I remember her saying something about being 5'0" or shorter and up to 105 lbs. or something like that. I'm not sure what the entire audition consisted of but I do know it had several steps. They swung her from a crane probably 90 feet off the ground and then the final portion of the audition is of course the flight. She said there were about 20 other people at the start of the audition process and I don't know how many got the part, but I do know she was one of them. :sohappy:

knat_2

Disney generally does not let you addition to be a specific character (or as we say a "friend of a character"). You addition for a character role and based on your height, weight, attitude, looks (for facial characters) and body movements, you are placed accordingly.

All I can say is goodluck! Be happy and do your best!

Nate

joanna71985

I don't think you have to be a stunt person do get the position. My friend completed her audition for flying Tink last Friday night and got to fly from the castle and she is by no means a professional stuntman. I don't really remember the details about it but I remember her saying something about being 5'0" or shorter and up to 105 lbs. or something like that. I'm not sure what the entire audition consisted of but I do know it had several steps. They swung her from a crane probably 90 feet off the ground and then the final portion of the audition is of course the flight. She said there were about 20 other people at the start of the audition process and I don't know how many got the part, but I do know she was one of them. :sohappy:

That's so cool!

echoscot

Disney generally does not let you addition to be a specific character (or as we say a "friend of a character"). You addition for a character role and based on your height, weight, attitude, looks (for facial characters) and body movements, you are placed accordingly.

All I can say is goodluck! Be happy and do your best!

Nate

The Flying Tinkerbell is not a part of the character department as such, that is a different process.

To find out about the auditions for any entertainment roles go to

http://www.disneyauditions.com

That should answer just about most questions.

kcw

In trying to get more information I'm unsure to look at stunt or character. I've been told things like height and weight requirments by someone who used to work there.

Thank You.

Tinkerbell's friend that flies is not part of the character dept. (like her friend in the P&P parade is). No, you don't have to already be a professional "stunt man" but it is classified under that. I believe it is all grouped with the stunt people in things like Indiana Jones (the characters and the tumblers), and I believe it's all covered by Equity, but don't quote me on that.

As for the height requirement, I remember one of my trainers telling me about it- I can't remember exactly but it's something like 5'0"" and from 100-105. It makes sense though when you think about velocity- too light and she'd get stuck, too heavy and she goes too fast.

echoscot

I just looked at Disney Auditions and they don't specifically list the Tink Role, but it is considered a stunt position and is covered under the Actor's Equity contract, whereas the Character Department is part of Teamsters under the Services Trades contract. That is how pay rates and such are determined by those bargaining agreements. People in different departments can still be cross-utilized and their pay is adjusted accordingly. That happens frequently with character areas.

If you don't make the Tink Audition on the first try, do something else to get inside and then go to more auditions and make contacts.

aberax

Original Poster
Another chance?

Thanks for all the quick and help full responses. Sorry I'm just now responding, I just got my Internet back up.

I'm sad I missed the audition. Now I have the stunt positions openings set as my browsers home page. So I guess I'll be ready when it opens up.

My question now is when will that be. I called the job line and I fit the specifications.
About future openings all she would say is that tinker bell is a contract job.
So does this mean that it opens only when the person decides to leave?
Is there any sort of time span?

Disneychick1984-Did your friend get the part?:)

Thanks for any advice.

Allybee

Flying Tinkerbell

I've been hopelessly searching for an answer to my question but I can't seem to find one anywhere. I have been interested in the Flying Tinkerbell job for so long, and I know I fir the height and weight requirements. Does anyone know anything about how many pullups I need to do, do I need to be a gymnast? And how often they have auditions for this role, and if it is under character performer or stunt? Thank youu so much!

Tinkering12

Hello All, just wondering if anyone would like to follow up to the Flying Tinkerbell position. Did any of the members that posted above get the job? I've been to the Equity website and I don't see any postings. Is it still through them (as I see this thread is a few years old)? If anyone can provide any current up to date info on the position, that would be great. I've tried to find that one website where it can give me the requirements and possible auditions. Thank you for your time.

coilback

Hello All, just wondering if anyone would like to follow up to the Flying Tinkerbell position. Did any of the members that posted above get the job? I've been to the Equity website and I don't see any postings. Is it still through them (as I see this thread is a few years old)? If anyone can provide any current up to date info on the position, that would be great. I've tried to find that one website where it can give me the requirements and possible auditions. Thank you for your time.
I worked on the Tink Flight crew for a bit (I was an Ent Tech) and from what I know, they aren't "always" hiring for it. We rotated thru about 2-3 Tinks. Usually, unless a spot opened up, they wouldn't audition for another. It does open up every so often, though, because two of the girls I was working with at the time were college students doing it for extra money (and when they graduate or whatnot, there are spots to fill).

hollywoodj

This position also seems like one that would be hired internally. I've never seen an audition notice for Flying Tink. I'd assume you'd need to get approved as her in face characters, then move up accordingly.

coilback

This position also seems like one that would be hired internally. I've never seen an audition notice for Flying Tink. I'd assume you'd need to get approved as her in face characters, then move up accordingly.
Not really the same process as face characters as far as I know since no one really "sees" Tink up close. Her "hair" is actually a helmet shaped like Tink's hair to give you an idea. The costume is pretty industrial looking up close. It is closer to the stunt process. Last time I remember them looking for a Tink, I know there was definitely an internal notice, but I have no idea past that how they advertise it.

Disneygirl94

Hi there! I know it has been the longest time since you posted this, but I was wondering if you could tell me where she heard about the audition for flying tink? It has been my ABSOLUTE DREAM. And I will always wonder what if, not being able to audition only because I can’t find out where to do the audition at. Thank you SO much!!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Hi there! I know it has been the longest time since you posted this, but I was wondering if you could tell me where she heard about the audition for flying tink? It has been my ABSOLUTE DREAM. And I will always wonder what if, not being able to audition only because I can’t find out where to do the audition at. Thank you SO much!!
I personally know one of the tink performers - she's a sub, and is regularly a full time character performer.

She's 4'10, and both very slender and extremely fit, if that gives you an idea of the types of humans they cast for this.

Disneygirl94

This is INCREDIBLE! I have been looking for where the auditions are posted for this position forever and it is my biggest dream. Do you know where I can find that specific audition? Like what website it would be posted on when they do post it? I always look on disneyauditions but never can find that specific one! 😩 if you know any info that can help that would be SO HELPFUL!! 🙏🏻❤️

Disneygirl94

This is SO INCREDIBLE and exciting!! This is my BIGGEST dream ever and if you know where I can find these auditions when they’re posted?? Like what website are they posted on when they are having auditions? I keep checking disneyauditions but never see anything posted for it. If you know where and could tell me, that would be SO helpful and I’d be forever grateful! 😭🙏🏻❤️

idontknow53

This is SO INCREDIBLE and exciting!! This is my BIGGEST dream ever and if you know where I can find these auditions when they’re posted?? Like what website are they posted on when they are having auditions? I keep checking disneyauditions but never see anything posted for it. If you know where and could tell me, that would be SO helpful and I’d be forever grateful! 😭🙏🏻❤️
oh lord...how many times are you going to post variations of the same thing??..it's done internally

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom