Tinker Bell Meet n Greet at DHS

NewfieFan

So it sounds like they are doubling down on Tink? If so, I think that's great given the popularity of the old Tink M&G.

So, is this the case? Will Tink be at Epcot AND DHS?

I don't know why they can't put Tink across from Peter Pan's Flight? Is that area not big enough to turn into some sort of M&G!?!

mm52200

I think she's only going to be at Epcot now. If you're talking about the old Skyway station I think I've heard people say it's not big enough for a meet and greet. I don't think there's enough space for a breakroom and other various things like that.

Neverland

I think she's only going to be at Epcot now. If you're talking about the old Skyway station I think I've heard people say it's not big enough for a meet and greet. I don't think there's enough space for a breakroom and other various things like that.

That area is big enough, but the skyway station is not. Making an m&g there would involve razing the area and building something new. I'll be sad when that area finally does go, though. It's my favorite bit of Fantasyland. :( I love that section because it's themed like a German/Swiss village; much nicer than the tacky fairground theming that most of the rest of Fantasyland has. :/

BrightImagine

I feel baffled because so many times I've read online about how the fairies are not popular. I have a six year old girl for whom the fairies are the main draw to Walt Disney World. She has memorized all the movies and books and adores the other characters, not just Tink.

On our last WDW trip in the fall, she was determined to meet all 7 fairies. This took some 6 hours of waiting in line because the fairy meet and greet line was consistently an hour long. So they must have some popularity! (Of course, perhaps a good percentage of those people only cared to see Tink.)

I was a little bummed to see Pixie Hollow go, but the Mine Train is definitely going to be a vast improvement for many reasons. Still I would love for the fairies to have a proper home - the Camp Minnie Mickey idea suggested by many seems the best fit.

When I look around at my daughter's toys I can't believe the fairies aren't popular. But then again I do have trouble finding merchandise with fairies other than Tink on it, and I can't seem to find out the status of the Mysterious Winter Woods (4th fairies movie.) So maybe it is true that they're not popular outside my corner of the world. Either that or they're being neglected after a lukewarm launch.

mm52200

They certainly are popular but just not quite as popular as Disney has hoped. I think a big part of the success that they have and the constant long lines at the park is Tinkerbell. Yes people might be line to see the other fairies but everyone really wants to see Tinkerbell. It's still a pretty new thing, getting to meet Tink and her popularity rivals Mickey's. So I'm sure Tinkerbell along with some of the success of the franchise really play into the big crowds at the parks for the meet and greets.

NewfieFan

I feel baffled because so many times I've read online about how the fairies are not popular. I have a six year old girl for whom the fairies are the main draw to Walt Disney World. She has memorized all the movies and books and adores the other characters, not just Tink.

On our last WDW trip in the fall, she was determined to meet all 7 fairies. This took some 6 hours of waiting in line because the fairy meet and greet line was consistently an hour long. So they must have some popularity! (Of course, perhaps a good percentage of those people only cared to see Tink.)

I was a little bummed to see Pixie Hollow go, but the Mine Train is definitely going to be a vast improvement for many reasons. Still I would love for the fairies to have a proper home - the Camp Minnie Mickey idea suggested by many seems the best fit.

When I look around at my daughter's toys I can't believe the fairies aren't popular. But then again I do have trouble finding merchandise with fairies other than Tink on it, and I can't seem to find out the status of the Mysterious Winter Woods (4th fairies movie.) So maybe it is true that they're not popular outside my corner of the world. Either that or they're being neglected after a lukewarm launch.

Both my son and my daughter love the Fairies movies! Waiting to see Tink and friends was the longest queue I've ever stood in in Disney World!

I thought the 4th movie was coming out in Feb.!?! Has that changed?

I would love to see some representation of Pixie Hollow in Disney World somewhere. It doesnt' have to be as grand as the original plans but I would love to see something!

BrightImagine

I thought the 4th movie was coming out in Feb.!?! Has that changed?

Hi! I am totally confused about when the 4th movie comes out. Wikipedia says Feb. 8... Today. :( Amazon has no listing for the movie at all. I wish someone would just make a press release or something. I'm sorry if this is off top, I'm new here :)

BigNorm

Why doesn't she just move to Camp Minnie Mickey? Could use the old Pocahontas location for a bit and have all the fairies their. Theme it off Fawn the Animal Fairy.

I agree. The Tink and the other Fairies should be at DAK. Pixie Hollow would be a nice little addition, and besides, aren't fairies mythical creatures?

NewfieFan

Hi! I am totally confused about when the 4th movie comes out. Wikipedia says Feb. 8... Today. :( Amazon has no listing for the movie at all. I wish someone would just make a press release or something. I'm sorry if this is off top, I'm new here :)

Darn it! I thought it was towards the end of Feb. but everything I've just read says Feb. 8th too! Odd!?! I hope it gets released soon...! Why can't we find any info on it, I wonder?

I agree. The Tink and the other Fairies should be at DAK. Pixie Hollow would be a nice little addition, and besides, aren't fairies mythical creatures?
The Disney Fairies apparently fit in every park.

MK - Fantasyland
Epcot - F&G Festival
DHS - Direct-to-DVD Franchise & Current/Animation
DAK- Mythical Creatures

:hammer:

BrightImagine

I'd like to know whether this new area is going to be as nice as the Pixie Hollow at Disneyland? That would make up for losing the Pixie Hollow concept from Fantasylang.

My daughter is currently a huge Fairies fan. Late last summer we spent at least 5 hours in the Toontown line in order to meet all 7 fairies. The system was the most exasperating I've ever seen at WDW, because no one could tell us when to come back and queue again to meet "different" fairies. It was always Tink and 2 friends, but which 2 friends was a guessing game. I understood the problem, because fairies seemed to "fly in and out" every 20 minutes and the line was usually 50-60 minutes. But it was still incredibly frustrating.

(After 4 times through the line we finally figured out that the CM in the exit hallway could help us. She allowed us to come back via the exit hallway when Silvermist (my daughter's favorite) was there. Super CM!!)

Anyway I am concerned by the pictures of the fairies in their temporary location... there is no pretense of "shrinking," the fairies are just standing out in the open... I hope that the new area at Epcot is going to have trees and bushes covering like at Disneyland? The DL area is good for 2 reasons: You could still have the "shrinking" story element, and also you could sort of see through the bushes which fairies were inside :)

I also hope the problem of being able know when to meet a particular fairy is fixed. We can't be the only family with this issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom