Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hey, running peeps! Did any of you who ran the 2017 race get an email a few weeks ago with a link to register early? I noticed that, like the 2018 SW Light Side, registration for the 2018 Tinkerbell didn't open as scheduled (yesterday). I'm not running Tink next year but I plan on running the Light Side and am wondering what's going on with the 2018 DLR races....

Ariel484

Pretty sure this is currently DLR only, and not the events at WDW.
Correct. It was a weird weekend.

Another change - they didn't comp groups with tickets. So no high school bands, cheer squads, Red Hat Ladies, etc. during the half.

Also, they cut the course for some of the runners that were in danger of not keeping the 16:00/mile pace (re-routed so they missed about 0.8 miles). I had no idea they ever did that.

More about what happened at Tink here (this covers pretty much everything except for the course cutting - which is interesting as I think it's a HUGE problem that they did that). https://www.mouseplanet.com/11776/Changes_Cause_an_Uproar_at_2017_Tinker_Bell_Half_Marathon_Weekend
Hey, running peeps! Did any of you who ran the 2017 race get an email a few weeks ago with a link to register early? I noticed that, like the 2018 SW Light Side, registration for the 2018 Tinkerbell didn't open as scheduled (yesterday). I'm not running Tink next year but I plan on running the Light Side and am wondering what's going on with the 2018 DLR races....
We did get a "Thank you for participating" email that DID NOT have an early registration link. After what happened with Light Side, I am not surprised.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Correct. It was a weird weekend.

Another change - they didn't comp groups with tickets. So no high school bands, cheer squads, Red Hat Ladies, etc. during the half.

Also, they cut the course for some of the runners that were in danger of not keeping the 16:00/mile pace (re-routed so they missed about 0.8 miles). I had no idea they ever did that.

More about what happened at Tink here (this covers pretty much everything except for the course cutting - which is interesting as I think it's a HUGE problem that they did that). https://www.mouseplanet.com/11776/Changes_Cause_an_Uproar_at_2017_Tinker_Bell_Half_Marathon_Weekend

We did get. "Thank you for participating" email that DID NOT have an early registration link. After what happened with Light Side, I am not surprised.

@Ariel484, thanks for the link to the article on Mouseplanet. I don't even want to ask about the 2017 Light Side....

Wow. If that's how DLR races are going to be operated in the future, I'm going to have to seriously rethink the 2018 Light Side. As much as I really want Kessel and Coast to Coast, not going to risk my well being to get them.

Hopefully, rD has listened to runners and will rethink use of temp staffing agencies. That employees failed to show for stations, left early or stole the food to be given to runners upon completion of a race is inexcusable. That alone would make any runner reconsider participating in a rD race, since the nearly $200 entry fee includes refueling during and at the end. If rD even considered similar changes to the WDW races, I would hope every runner on this board would register their concerns with rD via Twitter and Facebook.

Guess we'll wait to see how the Half goes in September.....

Surferboy567

Mods can we unpin this? Replace it with a more relevant thread like the Disneyland Paris, Star Wars, or Virtual Running threads and pin those.

The same applies to the Disneyland and Avengers race I’ll be posting this in those threads as well @wdwmagic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom