Timing of Fast Passes

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
We are going to rope drop Navi River Journey, then Flight of Passage, then Safari. What time of day (estimate) should each of those fast passes be? Like how much time do we need between them? We are in a group of 8. All 8 can do Navi, only 3 can do FOP. All can do Safari. Curious about travel time between each ride. Thx!

Disneydreamer23

FOP even with a FP you usually wait 20 minutes, I would say do each an hour out so you have time to get on and off the ride walk to the next ride and hit the bathrooms if needed :) Rather not be in a rush during vacation :) Have a great trip!

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
FOP even with a FP you usually wait 20 minutes, I would say do each an hour out so you have time to get on and off the ride walk to the next ride and hit the bathrooms if needed :) Rather not be in a rush during vacation :) Have a great trip!
Great advice!! Plan an hour between each ride. Super smart! And with our party of 8, we can expect delays in between. 😜😜

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
Also, how long does it take to walk from rope drop to Pandora? Curious what time of day the FP should be? We have morning extra magic hours that day.

DCLcruiser

DO NOT GO TO DAK ON EMH DAY. That will mean the park will be more crowded than usual. Always pick a park w/o EMH (except DHS due to SW:GE).

You probably won't get a FP+ to FoP as it is so popular. So, at rope drop go to FoP, could be an hour wait. It takes like 5-10 minutes to walk from the entrance.

Then your first FP+ should be Na'vi River Journey. Try for 1-2 hours after rope drop.

All FP+ should be early in the morning, unless you pick Safari for say 4 PM. Once you use all 3 you can select more. That being said, I think at DAK it is more important to get Safari in the afternoon as there are very few other rides that require FP in DAK outside of FoP.

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
DO NOT GO TO DAK ON EMH DAY. That will mean the park will be more crowded than usual. Always pick a park w/o EMH (except DHS due to SW:GE).

You probably won't get a FP+ to FoP as it is so popular. So, at rope drop go to FoP, could be an hour wait. It takes like 5-10 minutes to walk from the entrance.

Then your first FP+ should be Na'vi River Journey. Try for 1-2 hours after rope drop.

All FP+ should be early in the morning, unless you pick Safari for say 4 PM. Once you use all 3 you can select more. That being said, I think at DAK it is more important to get Safari in the afternoon as there are very few other rides that require FP in DAK outside of FoP.
Wow! Great advice. Do you mean don’t worry about fast passing FOP like at all, just walk there right after rope drop?

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Wow! Great advice. Do you mean don’t worry about fast passing FOP like at all, just walk there right after rope drop?
I had a similar situation last November. Party of 5. I was the only one that was going to ride FOP, so we had something like a 9;15 or 9:30 FP for NRJ for all of us. I arrived at 7:15 for a 9:00 opening to rope drop FoP. They usually open Pandora a little early. I actually had enough time after riding it to cross the park and ride Everest 3 times before heading back to meet my family for the NRJ Fastpass. So if all of you are riding NRJ, those 3 riding FoP should plan to get there early for rope drop.

And remember that your FPs are 1-hour windows. So delays are fine. If you have a 9-10 and a 10-11, you can ride the first one at 9 and then the next at 10:55 or 11.

DCLcruiser

Yes, because you won't be able to get a FP+ for FoP. It will sell out. Consider that people staying on property can select 60 days out from the 1st day of their entire trip. So your day could have been available to other people a week earlier.

Also, the standby line is immersive and well themed. The ride is worth the wait.

Get the FP+ to NRJ, for right after you expect to be done with FoP. This ride is NOT worth a long wait.

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
Yes, because you won't be able to get a FP+ for FoP. It will sell out. Consider that people staying on property can select 60 days out from the 1st day of their entire trip. So your day could have been available to other people a week earlier.

Also, the standby line is immersive and well themed. The ride is worth the wait.

Get the FP+ to NRJ, for right after you expect to be done with FoP. This ride is NOT worth a long wait.
Thx! We are staying at Art of Animation, so hopes are I can get that FP to NRJ like ya said. Super helpful advice! Thanks a ton!

DCLcruiser

Thx! We are staying at Art of Animation, so hopes are I can get that FP to NRJ like ya said. Super helpful advice! Thanks a ton!
Don't forget you can pick as of 7 AM ET 60 days out from your first day at WDW. Pick your FP+ early, and even if you don't love all the choices you can go back in later and edit. As you get closer more slots will open as people adjust their plans. You will probably be able to get all 3 closer together in time (although I still like the 4 PM Safari idea, we did that last December, worked great for animal spotting).

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

Fist to clarify FP does not sell out because it is free.
Also you should not say that its a definite that OP will not get FOP.
I've easily gotten it for 60+1 and have seen it pop up with more times daily.

DCLcruiser

To be honest, we’re only going to AK for one day...but our trip is in early December so I set an alarm to go off 60 days prior to grab the FPs.
He means, how many days of WDW tickets are you getting and which day is DAK? Let's say you get a 5 day pass, if DAK is day 5, you can pick the FP+ 60 days out from day 1 for all 5 days of attendance.

DCLcruiser

Fist to clarify FP does not sell out because it is free.
Also you should not say that its a definite that OP will not get FOP.
I've easily gotten it for 60+1 and have seen it pop up with more times daily.
They become no longer available because they are sold out. I don't mean they had to trade for value.

It is less likely, and I believe better planning to use it for NRJ and just rope drop the ride with a great queue theme. Especially since they are going in December.

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
Wait so you're only going to WDW for 1 park day?
And you've decided on Animal Kingdom?
Can I ask why you chose AK instead of say MK???
We actually just did MK this past April. It was wonderful...my little is 3 and she loved it all. I worked at Disney in college, so she’s got Disney in her blood. 😜😜 But, we plan to do AK early December. Then, Epcot Fall 2020 for all the newly announced attractions coming then and Food and Wine Festival...and, prob repeat visits. We don’t live very far from Orlando. We usually do one day at resort and Disney Springs (and this year skyliners), then the park next day for a day, and then leave the next day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom