Timetable?

Tom

Beta Return
There are laws with how many people need to be working on projects, what they can be doing, and how long they can do it. Ever notice that while we used to be able to build an entire interstate highway within two years, it now takes 6 years to build one bridge?

:ROFLOL:

Ok, whew. I'm back in my chair now, after literally rolling around on the floor laughing out loud. There are no laws that dictate how many people are allowed to work on a project, nor how productive they can be.

You can work 3 shifts, 24/7/365 if your employees are willing to do it. And unless they're minors, there's no limit to how many hours someone can voluntarily work, UNLESS they're operating machinery or performing tasks that could result in injury to someone else.

Projects take forever at WDW because they're constantly changing the plans....they're working in an active theme park....and it rains every day.

Why because Unions are corrupt?

Without making this a political discussion, yes, some unions do still have "rules" about how much work their members are required to do in a given shift, but that's not what's slowing down Disney projects.

kylewr86

Forgive me if im wrong but isnt this project opening as planned in March.I thought that was the original target time and when its still planned to open.I dont see where this delay is people are complaining about.And yes its Florida it rains everyday and rain slows all construction, especially when there is dirt all around still.

Tom

Beta Return
Forgive me if im wrong but isnt this project opening as planned in March.I thought that was the original target time and when its still planned to open.I dont see where this delay is people are complaining about.And yes its Florida it rains everyday and rain slows all construction, especially when there is dirt all around still.

The only part of the project predicted to open in March is part of Storybook Circus (Great Goofini, half or all of Dumbo, and the train station). The rest of Storybook Circus will open later this year, and LM and BatB are predicted to open sometime this fall.

kylewr86

The only part of the project predicted to open in March is part of Storybook Circus (Great Goofini, half or all of Dumbo, and the train station). The rest of Storybook Circus will open later this year, and LM and BatB are predicted to open sometime this fall.

Correct and thats whats opening soon! didnt mean all the area. So its ON SCHEDULE

tehSAC

There are laws with how many people need to be working on projects, what they can be doing, and how long they can do it. Ever notice that while we used to be able to build an entire interstate highway within two years, it now takes 6 years to build one bridge?

6 years? They must be doing it wrong. I design bridges and it takes longer to design than build these days.

For example. I just had one of my bridges I designed finish up a couple weeks ago. It sat idle after final plans were approved for 2.5 years. Design, permits, approval and such was a 2 year process too They started prelim work in may of last year and finished middle of feb. They actually started driving piles and pouring concrete at the beginning of July.

I sure hope Disney is faster than that. LOL

ToTBellHop

6 years? They must be doing it wrong. I design bridges and it takes longer to design than build these days.

For example. I just had one of my bridges I designed finish up a couple weeks ago. It sat idle after final plans were approved for 2.5 years. Design, permits, approval and such was a 2 year process too They started prelim work in may of last year and finished middle of feb. They actually started driving piles and pouring concrete at the beginning of July.

I sure hope Disney is faster than that. LOL
http://www.i95newhaven.com/

They've been working on this since about 2006 and it is hopefully to finish in 2016. I've personally been watching the single main bridge start with prelim clearing around 2008. Still workin' (slowly)...

Purely anecdotal, of course.

Then there is the fact that Disneyland was built in 366 days...imagine Disney constructing anything in 366 days now. It'll probably take longer than that to build the new walkway and restrooms from Fantasyland to Liberty Square!

Does anyone have a timetable for how long it took Universal to build the WWOHP expansion? Just curious in order to compare........

Roughly January 2008 to May 2010.

Biff215

Correct and thats whats opening soon! didnt mean all the area. So its ON SCHEDULE

Not technically. An original February target date quickly became early March which now appears to be late March. We'll see where we're at then.

I think the main reason many of us here have grown impatient is it does seem that the work has gone painfully slow at times. It seems likely that the project could have moved quicker if Disney really wanted it to, but for whatever reason they have chosen to phase the openings and take more time. Obviously the Snow White change also made a big difference.

I'm just hoping to see a mostly operational Storybook Circus this summer. It is a shame to think that it may be another two summers before I see the entire expansion completed, but that's progress for you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom