Timetable?

Todd H

Mouseplanet reported today that they are "hearing" (who knows from whom) that the Mine Train's construction is accelerating and it may open during early 2013.

That would be great. We had to cancel our yearly trip this year and are going in 2013. Would love for the entire area to be opened when we go.

jjharvpro

Mouseplanet reported today that they are "hearing" (who knows from whom) that the Mine Train's construction is accelerating and it may open during early 2013.

That would be shocking and INCREDIBLE if it opened by this time next year!!

But I'm thinking October-ish 2013. The progress on it is amazing already, but I don't think it'll be done by early 2013.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That would be shocking and INCREDIBLE if it opened by this time next year!!

But I'm thinking October-ish 2013. The progress on it is amazing already, but I don't think it'll be done by early 2013.

Yeah, even if they are fast tracking this I have a hard timing believing early 2013. Until I hear something different from a verifiable source I am sticking with Lee's date of 1st calendar quarter of 2014.

lebeau

Al Lutz seems to be saying that snow White will close in August.

In late summer the Fantasyland “WonderBra” Theater will also be closed as WDI moves in to remake that space into a more formal set-up with upgraded stage facilities that also mesh better with its Fantasyland surroundings. Late August is also the current timetable for shutting down the Carnation Plaza Gardens area to begin its remake into the newest version of Princess Fantasy Faire. That timing coincides with a similar project out at Walt Disney World, where they’ll be closing their Snow White dark ride to install a smaller and less ambitious version of what Disneyland is getting. But some of the set pieces and interactive technology tricks to be used in the Faire will be shared on both coasts, so it’s a project that is being paired together to shave some costs off both locations.

RSoxNo1

This is pure speculation, but I would guess that the Free Dining window ending on 9/29 may give some indication that we're looking at an October opening for the Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid areas. It's what's been said all along, and the Free Dining dates aren't really a deviation from prior offers, but there still may be something there.

Scuttle

No way this happens. Late 2013 will be the earliest it opens. Remember the foundation started around October 2011. As with all (somewhat major) construction projects expect 2 years from start to finish. We will have an aerial update tomorrow, so we will see how it's coming along so far.

lazyboy97o

No way this happens. Late 2013 will be the earliest it opens. Remember the foundation started around October 2011. As with all (somewhat major) construction projects expect 2 years from start to finish.
Why? Other parks around the world have built coasters with show scenes in less than to about a year.

Scuttle

Why? Other parks around the world have built coasters with show scenes in less than to about a year.

Ya, but this is TDO. When the foundation takes 6 months alone I think that shows you how long this project will take. Plus one of our most trusted insiders has said early 2014.

ToTBellHop

Ya, but this is TDO. When the foundation takes 6 months alone I think that shows you how long this project will take. Plus one of our most trusted insiders has said early 2014.
Yes, and this most-trusted insider has also admitted that this project has changed dramatically and repeatedly over time. It is hard to ever know what is accurate at the present time due to all of the changes.

Scuttle

Yes, and this most-trusted insider has also admitted that this project has changed dramatically and repeatedly over time. It is hard to ever know what is accurate at the present time due to all of the changes.

Agreed, but still early 2013 isn't going to happen. That would be a miracle.

ToTBellHop

Agreed, but still early 2013 isn't going to happen. That would be a miracle.
I agree (I was just recounting what another website mentioned).

I also think early 2014 is far too conservative. I would imagine (without any real knowledge of the construction) that guests will be able to ride the Mine Train about a year after Mermaid/Be Our Guest open.

lazyboy97o

Seeing as the whole Fantasyland project was apparently initiated from above, it may well be these same powers that be now desiring the increased pace to complete the expansion.

Scuttle

Seeing as the whole Fantasyland project was apparently initiated from above, it may well be these same powers that be now desiring the increased pace to complete the expansion.

I hope. I just doubt it will open any earlier then fall 2013. They can only work so fast legally.

ToTBellHop

Legally?

Explain
There are laws with how many people need to be working on projects, what they can be doing, and how long they can do it. Ever notice that while we used to be able to build an entire interstate highway within two years, it now takes 6 years to build one bridge?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There are laws with how many people need to be working on projects, what they can be doing, and how long they can do it. Ever notice that while we used to be able to build an entire interstate highway within two years, it now takes 6 years to build one bridge?

Actually...no.

While in retrospect it may seem like a shorter time period that you remember, it's probably due more to the fact that you didn't notice a lot of the preliminary work.

Just like construction of a new building. You only really notice it when the walls start to go up... a whole lot of work had to happen first to get ready for the walls.

NoChesterHester

Perhaps on the east coast, but construction crew staffing in the south mostly has to do with budget, safety, and workability. You can just only have so many people and trades in the same space at the same time. There is a diminishing return.

"Legally" I don't know of any law that requires construction to proceed at a slower pace.

Scuttle

Perhaps on the east coast, but construction crew staffing in the south mostly has to do with budget, safety, and workability. You can just only have so many people and trades in the same space at the same time. There is a diminishing return.

"Legally" I don't know of any law that requires construction to proceed at a slower pace.

This is what I was referring to. There are so many safety requirements now it's insane. My friends father who worked with WDI as a mechanical engineer from the late 70's until 2006 (Everest was his last project he worked on) told me this himself about how much safety regulations have slowed down construction. He actually said at the time of his retirement that it wasn't even fun anymore.

IlikeDW

The only thing I can t think of that "legally" slows things down is the points in time where you need to stop working and not proceed until you get the go a ahead from building inspector.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom