Timekeeper

jay_london

Original Poster
Has anyone heard or seen anything lately regarding the future of the 'Timekeeper'?

Not so happy days if it doesn't come back

jay

WDW-Imagineer

Nothing yet, I don't think - but I'd imagine they would use the 360° screen in the attraction as they have done before. Keep in mind that TimeKeeper's predececors used the same screen.

Although since TimeKeeper was closed (for apparently no reason other than attendance), I would think that it would be replaced by a different type of attraction. Since this type of attraction (360° screen) has failed.

Kontra

It's only down for a rehab. Apparently the robot was wearing out, so once they fix it up, back it shall come. I heard it would be ready by Fall.

NowInc

That is wishfull thinking..but i can tell you that I have seen with my own eyes the poor attendance timekeeper was getting.

So rehab? Unlikley.....

Sad but true...

Brett

I really liked the Timekeeper and always thought of it as a good ride to get some rest in. They need seats though, I understand that you need to stand to look all the way around the 360 cinema. I hope a new attraction is placed in here soon...oh yeah, bring back Take Flight :p

Nut4Disney

I love Timekeeper. Maybe they could move it to AK or something. They would have to retheme it somehow. AK would have another attraction and it wouldn't cost Disney as much as coming up with a new attraction.

NowInc

It is definatally not comeing back...at least not the way we remember it. Possibilites that I have heard are a re-themed similar attraction..or more likley...making that section into a simple character greeting center.

HorizonsMan

hehe

hehe, i have the full audio of the entire ride that i listen to sometimes, its kinda fun listening to it while imagining that i was there.

Disney seems to do that a lot with closed attractions (20,000 Leagues Under The Sea...)

If they keep this up the parks are going to be nothing but character greeting areas. I wouldn't mind them closing low attendance and old rides so much if they would actually replace them with a new ride. :(

kevlightyear

I personally hated Timekeeper for the sole reason of standing room only. I'm also not a fan of the 360 degree movies. If they want you to be able to see it all, they should install swivel chairs, like office chairs. They don't have to be expensive ones, I've seen some in McDonalds, and that will do. Anyway, I won't miss Timekeeper.

woofboy111

Originally posted by NowInc
It is definatally not comeing back...at least not the way we remember it. Possibilites that I have heard are a re-themed similar attraction..or more likley...making that section into a simple character greeting center.

So...I'm not the only one who does that? Would you mind e-mailing that to me. If you would like, I'll be happy to send Disney mp3s to anyone here. (I have a lot)

I would love it if timekeeper does open back up, and Kontra, where did you hear that it was only closed for rehab?

tigger1968

Just go back from WDW, where I finally got to do Keys to the Kingdom. I asked about Timekeeper, and Bob, our guide, said that it was closed for low attendance, and that he had no info on what might happen to it. He said that they were told that it was closed "indefinately." All of the signage has been removed, including anything you might see from TTA. From what we were told, and the way he said it, I would say it does not look good for Timekeeper.

Incidently, Bob told us that the Timekeeper ride was originally designed for DLParis, hence the setting in France and meeting Jules Verne, etc. Can anyone confirm this?

NowInc

This is true..there IS a DLP version of it..i am pretty sure its called "La Visionierre" or something like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom