Timekeeper - worried wort

Pixie Duster

Original Poster
Hi kids :wave:

As most of you are aware I am a scardy cat. I mean I am real scardy cat. I could go into the long diatribe as to why and all, but let's just get to the point.
I have wanted to check out Timekeeper but am afraid it will have jumpy parts in it. What I mean by jumping is sudden loudness or surprises. Imagine you have a 4 year old kid with you, would you take them to Timekeeper without a single worry that they would be scared?

General Grizz

There is a lot of loud noise, but nothing that immediately jumps out.

The loudest parts are the transitions (in which Timekeeper blasts the screen into a time warp pretty quick) and a Dinosaur.

Would you like the soundtrack to it to test it out?

(NICE AVATAR! :lol: )

MKCP 1985

No worries, Pixie Duster. . . have fun. As with any large screen presentation, there are sequences designed to make you jump a bit, to keep you from being bored, but it is not an intense attraction at all. Is it?

Pixie Duster

Original Poster
hmmmmmmmmmmm, I will check it out, but will need my fiance with me to hold me. Do the transition happen without warning? Jumpy parts in movies are my worst enemy, that and fireworks, oh and popping baloons :)

General Grizz

Best bet is to get the soundtrack. Give me your AIM if you're interested.

Otherwise, the transitions are basically a change in scene on the 9 screens with a wind effect. It's nothing major or scary in any means.

Once in a while, Timekeeper will yell "OH NO! I pulled something!" and smoke will rise out of the machine. But none of the show is by any means scary (unless you're afraid of Dinosaurs, of which the T-Rex doesn't pop out quickly, nor does he roar too loudly.)

Let me ask you, did you ever experience Alien Encounter?

Pixie Duster

Original Poster
HECK NO! I went no where near Alien Encounter, I will get the soundtrack tomorrow, not in a state to listen to it now, but thanks.

DisneyRoxMySox

This might sound stupid but my ears are extremly sensitive and I have never had to hold my ears, and I jump at sudden noises too. Nothing has ever bothered me in this show.

Too bad you missed Alien Encounters in was a truely a great experience. I didn't like to go on it because of the loud noises, but my family forced me into it last year, I'm glad they did, no that it's closed.

Jerm

Pix it is a great 360º movie. It dose not really have anything big and it is not like your in a movie cause your standing. Really if you dont want to watch the film just watch Timekeeper for the full show he is great!!!!!!!!

Hey Grizz can i get a copy of that?

J

charliez

Still closed (?)

I was just at the Magic Kingdom last week -- and at least as of Thursday (June 10, 2004), Timekeeper was closed and there was no sign of it reopening any time soon. Bummer!

(Or did they open it just after we left...?)

PhotoDave219

I went on it today, its very French and a bit of spastic Robin Williams. The film is so European, its not funny.

Nothing to worry about My friend, Nothing to worry about.

General Grizz

Originally posted by Jerm
Pix it is a great 360º movie. It dose not really have anything big and it is not like your in a movie cause your standing. Really if you dont want to watch the film just watch Timekeeper for the full show he is great!!!!!!!!

Hey Grizz can i get a copy of that?

J

Sure can, I'll catch you on AIM this week perhaps.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by PhotoDave219
I went on it today, its very French and a bit of spastic Robin Williams. The film is so European, its not funny.

And that's after Gerard Depardieu's scene with the Concorde was cut...

:)

speck76

Re: Still closed (?)

Originally posted by charliez
I was just at the Magic Kingdom last week -- and at least as of Thursday (June 10, 2004), Timekeeper was closed and there was no sign of it reopening any time soon. Bummer!

(Or did they open it just after we left...?)

It reopened Sunday 6/12, and has great crowds.

Number_6

It's never open when I go, but I'm going to be down there next week. Maybe I'll get a chance to stop over at MK and check it out.

KevinPage

Originally posted by Pixie Duster
As most of you are aware I am a scardy cat. I mean I am real scardy cat.
I have wanted to check out Timekeeper but am afraid it will have jumpy parts in it.

:lol: Now this would be fun. Anyone who is getting "surveyed" by Pixie Duster start twitching violently and yelling loud noises. And watch as our friendly neighborhood Cast Member "heads for the hills" :lol: :lol:

For someone who is a Donald Duck fan, I'm surprised, he's jumping and yelling all over the place

Pixie Duster

Original Poster
Hardy har har Kevin *blows raspberry*

Anywho, I will be sure to let you know Barnum ;)

And Bryan I would definately do it while you are here. Who knows if and when it will come off seasonal operation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom