Timekeeper... Gone??

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by FLcastmember
BTW.....when they "Merged" (no pun inteanded) the Fastpass deptartment with Attractions back in OCT, they had 100's of Attractions CM's to train on FP......where did they do it???? inside timekeeper.....at the time, ALL show compontes were still there, but it has been 2 months.....next time i get a chance, ill go check it out for you all and report back.........

yes.. fastpass and attractions. The way it was before, and the way it should always have been.

Anyway, back to peeking in there... physically, it looks like everything is there, but if you look in the back, a lot of things are missing. As for time there, I was there today, and nothing is back

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I could have sworn I heard the queue was used for Meet and Greet...

it was.. for about 2 days, but it was too dark there for any good pictures to come out, even with flash

Pioneer Hall

I have a feeling that something is going to happen to that area soon. If they aren't using it for the seasonal periods then they probably have an idea. Also, based on MKTiggerman's info. it seems that they are taking apart the attraction. I would expect to hear something about this in the near future.

jcrb

Originally posted by Testtrack321
I was going durring a busy time of the year this time and now it looks like it won't be anymore... :(

You could always go to the Timekeeper version in Disneyland Paris. (I think it still open)

FLcastmember

Originally posted by mktiggerman
yes.. fastpass and attractions. The way it was before, and the way it should always have been.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!

better for guests, CM'S, and the all important "buget"

as far as timekeeper goes.....i would trade it for the CoP.....kill the timekeeper...for good....BUT open CoP up....for good.....even trade if you ask me..........my guess.....the keelboats....never comeing back....timekeeper......never comeing back.....CoP....seasonal for now....long term.....doenst look like a great big buetiful tomorrow..... :(

MKCustodial

Well, I 've never really been to TK before, I had a thing against CV 360s since I didn't speak English. :D

But Robin Williams is really cool, so I guess now I'd have liked to go at least once...

MGM WDWFan

I was lucky enough to have seen this a few times before it started its open-and-closed cycle of the last couple of years, so I remember it well. I'll miss Nine-Eye and the way she interacted with Robin Williams the most.

My hope is that this is just another one of those scary rumors that doesn't turn into anything true. We've all heard the stories in the past about Timekeeper closing, haven't we?

--MGM

Timekeeper

Boo! Hiss!

Timekeeper closing? Boooo! Hisssss!

Because there has been talk of Timekeeper closing for quite some time now, I made sure to get enough video footage and still photos to satisfy my addiction to Timekeeper for years to come. If there is a "tribute" of some sort, I'd be more than happy to contribute. Heck, I have enough material to make my own tribute.

<--- i.e. Custom made avatar, still image taken from personal digital video footage.

Speaking of tributes, Disney should release Tribute DVD's for retired attractions. For example, if they're closing Timekeeper, they need to release the film on DVD. Multiple angle view could switch between the 9 screens. There should also be footage of the AA's (obviously), and even some generic audience reactions. There could also be out-takes, production films, and tons of other "behind the scenes" material.

Some might think that Disney is too "protective of their secrets," but anyone who has the Travel Channel is probably familiar with the tons of behind the scenes footage made available for public programing, including shots of the production stages of various attractions, maintenence areas, etc.

I would love to own a DVD on Horizons and other attractions from yesteryear. With the low cost of video production, I'm sure Disney is documenting the evolution of their attractions even more today than they have before. I'll be first in line to pick up my Tower Of Terror DVD when the attraction retires 8 years from now.

:hurl:

Tk

blm07

Re: Boo! Hiss!

Originally posted by Timekeeper
Speaking of tributes, Disney should release Tribute DVD's for retired attractions. For example, if they're closing Timekeeper, they need to release the film on DVD. Multiple angle view could switch between the 9 screens. There should also be footage of the AA's (obviously), and even some generic audience reactions. There could also be out-takes, production films, and tons of other "behind the scenes" material.

Some might think that Disney is too "protective of their secrets," but anyone who has the Travel Channel is probably familiar with the tons of behind the scenes footage made available for public programing, including shots of the production stages of various attractions, maintenence areas, etc.

I would love to own a DVD on Horizons and other attractions from yesteryear. With the low cost of video production, I'm sure Disney is documenting the evolution of their attractions even more today than they have before. I'll be first in line to pick up my Tower Of Terror DVD when the attraction retires 8 years from now.

Tk [/B]

I would deffiently buy a official DVD of old rides (even unofficial if its good quality), by the way did anyone get that Horizons videotape that someone was selling about 1 year ago, it had alot of footage, and I never got it. Any info anyone?

MKCustodial

Re: Boo! Hiss!

Originally posted by Timekeeper
Timekeeper closing? Boooo! Hisssss!

Because there has been talk of Timekeeper closing for quite some time now, I made sure to get enough video footage and still photos to satisfy my addiction to Timekeeper for years to come. If there is a "tribute" of some sort, I'd be more than happy to contribute. Heck, I have enough material to make my own tribute.

<--- i.e. Custom made avatar, still image taken from personal digital video footage.

:hurl:

Tk

Well, that's got to be the best idea of the week. Get it rolling, write to people!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

meanmice

Re: Re: Boo! Hiss!

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Well, that's got to be the best idea of the week. Get it rolling, write to people!! :sohappy: :sohappy:
I agree! I'd buy a DVD of the old and even current rides. I really think that Disney could turn a good profit on this. If you use old rides, what secrets are there to steal.

cymbaldiva

I dunno...

I don't know if it's a good idea or not...

If there was a DVD of all the kewl old school rides, I know for a fact that all I would ever do is hang around the house and watch it! :lol:

Seriously though, a DVD would be wicked kewl...:cool:

Great idea!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom