Time to get in shape for Disney

zurgandfriend

I got a real wakeup call this past weekend. With the “nice weather” finally here in New England I tried on a pair of shorts and they didn’t fit! It was like I got hit with a board, too much good living not enough exercise. With a trip coming up in about 14 weeks I have to “get cracking.” I’m on the first day of my get in shape for Disney program, I packed a sensible lunch, I’m dinking lots of water, I’m going walking at lunch and I’m going to weight watchers later in the week as they meet in my DW’s church. I’m also very cranky as I didn’t get my donuts this morning and I have to visit the Men’s room every 10 minutes, but I digress. Anyone else ever have to get in shape for Disney, and if so how? I don’t mean start a walking routine to get their legs in shape for walking the parks. I mean a “lets drop some weight to fit into my summer clothes program?

Clamman73

The proper diet...yes, but get yourself a heart rate monitor. See what heart rate you're getting during a normal exercise routine that you're doing. If it's not high enough in a target heart rate zone right for you, you need to kick it up a notch.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

I joined Weight Watchers the day after I signed up for the GIrls' Dream Cruise. Down 25 pounds so far. Joined the gym last week as I seemed to hit a plateau and am hoping that will jump start the weight loss process again.
Woooohoooo WTG!!!! I am doing the same thing. I follow Weight Watcher guidelines as soon as I book a trip LOL I have a few pairs of *skinny* jeans (meaning I have to be skinny to get into them LOL) that I use to measure my success (or lack thereof) Do a cheat day once a week, to jumpstart your weight loss again. Works for me! So one day out of the month, I get to eat whatever I want .... and I LIKE it!! Congrats!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Girls,Girls,Girls..For the love of pixie dust.I prefer the round figure to the skinny ( Victoria Beckham ) look..The hourglass look of Norma Jean as she walks up Main Street USA would have every hot bloodied male twisting the necks for a glimpse..So here's the Real Mad Hatters diet workout for Disney...Up on the fruit..Down on the chocolate...Up on drinking water..Down on the alcohol..( sorry Figgy ) Up on the salads..Down on the meat..Up on walking instead of talking..Down on driving everywhere...And last but not least..S.. For breakfast...S.. For lunch..& S.. For supper...;)

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Girls,Girls,Girls..For the love of pixie dust.I prefer the round figure to the skinny ( Victoria Beckham ) look..The hourglass look of Norma Jean as she walks up Main Street USA would have every hot bloodied male twisting the necks for a glimpse..So here's the Real Mad Hatters diet workout for Disney...Up on the fruit..Down on the chocolate...Up on drinking water..Down on the alcohol..( sorry Figgy ) Up on the salads..Down on the meat..Up on walking instead of talking..Down on driving everywhere...And last but not least..S.. For breakfast...S.. For lunch..& S.. For supper...;)
Hatter, Hatter, Hatter .... a woman's ego is a strange and wonderful thing, and does NOT compromise LOL I will say by loosing a mere 10 lbs, it helped my sciatica immensely though. Of course being able to fit in my clothes better was a nice advantage. I have been known, to buy a dress or pants, a size too small, for an upcoming event, and by golly, WILL fit into it!!

Upvote 0

bamillerpa

I love my fitbit. It's pretty much a fancy pedometer but I love looking at my stats online to see how far I've walked and how many steps. It also shows the same info for my husband and we each try to beat the other. It's very motivational for us. I log my food every day and the site figures out if I need to exercise more or take in less calories (or both) to meet my goal. I have the flex which you wear on your wrist so I don't need to worry about it. It's always there. I just charge it once a week for about two hours and I'm good to go. I also use the MapMyRun app so I can watch what pace I'm walking/running since my goal is to do a 5K at Disney.

Upvote 0

Runmyhorse

I love my fitbit. It's pretty much a fancy pedometer but I love looking at my stats online to see how far I've walked and how many steps. It also shows the same info for my husband and we each try to beat the other. It's very motivational for us. I log my food every day and the site figures out if I need to exercise more or take in less calories (or both) to meet my goal. I have the flex which you wear on your wrist so I don't need to worry about it. It's always there. I just charge it once a week for about two hours and I'm good to go. I also use the MapMyRun app so I can watch what pace I'm walking/running since my goal is to do a 5K at Disney.

Where can I find the flex that goes on the wrist? I need one of those.

Upvote 0

Tinkfriend37

I am happy to be on here. I am planning my second trip to Walt Disney Word. I have put on about 120 lbs since my last visit. I am going in one month. I am walking at least 10,000 steps a day and eating lots of fruits and veggies. Any other helpful, friendly suggestions?

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
I am happy to be on here. I am planning my second trip to Walt Disney Word. I have put on about 120 lbs since my last visit. I am going in one month. I am walking at least 10,000 steps a day and eating lots of fruits and veggies. Any other helpful, friendly suggestions?
Welcome aboard. With only a month to go walk as much as you can!!!!! I'm not kidding! Also eat as clean as you can. Good luck!

Upvote 0

tmitch

I have become a huge proponent of iifym. I've dropped 90 lbs, pretty much eating whatever I want as well. The good thing about it, is that you can adjust the macro count to your lifestyle.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I've said this before, but here goes...

Cut all trans and sat fat - eat precious little of the others.

Eat almost no carbs. Get your carbs from your fruits and veggies. No additional bread, potatoes or pasta.

Low sugar...get that from your fruits and veggies, too.

Eat a very low sodium diet.

No red meat. At all.

Drink water. Only water.

That's all you need to do. I promise that you will not overeat. You won't want to. There will not be much left that you want to eat.
Or pick a sustainable, healthy diet that you can maintain for more that 10 weeks (I'm not saying you can't sustain it; I'm saying for the OP, who is lamenting the loss of donuts, your diet is not sustainable). Moderation is everything. You actually can have a donut every once in awhile and still be healthy. It just has to be infrequent. The upshot is that you enjoy it more. Also, there are benefits to red meat, but no more than once a week. I weighed 230 lbs until I was 19 and then improved my diet and started exercising and have maintained my weight around 170 for 12 years. Roller coaster diets and roller coaster weight isn't good for anyone.

There is no magic diet that works for everyone. That's why there are dietitians who custom-build diets for folks.

Upvote 0

Raven66

My gosh I forgot all about this thread. Since I posted last time in 2013 (dang) I have been diagnosed diabetic and lost 25 lbs,our daughter graduated high school and moved in with friends to start a new chapter so my hubby and I are empty nesters. It's been a year since I was diagnosed but believe it or not it's not that easy to get into a new mindset. My life actually depends on it now. I'm doing it slowly but surely. As soon as it cools down here in Arkansas we are going to start riding bikes.

Upvote 0

LdyApxr

Weight Watchers and DDP Yoga. All the program I need is right there and I know yoga doesn't sound like much but this yoga is. I am also walking one, two, three or four dogs(not all at the same time, my limit is two LOL)

Upvote 0

BaconPancakes

I read this entire thread until I realized it was from 2013. lol I also have been on the "Lose weight for Disney" plan this Summer. I got a FitBit Charge HR, which is a great motivator for me and I started running everyday for about an hour or more. Less than 6 weeks left!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom