Time to get in shape for Disney

zurgandfriend

I got a real wakeup call this past weekend. With the “nice weather” finally here in New England I tried on a pair of shorts and they didn’t fit! It was like I got hit with a board, too much good living not enough exercise. With a trip coming up in about 14 weeks I have to “get cracking.” I’m on the first day of my get in shape for Disney program, I packed a sensible lunch, I’m dinking lots of water, I’m going walking at lunch and I’m going to weight watchers later in the week as they meet in my DW’s church. I’m also very cranky as I didn’t get my donuts this morning and I have to visit the Men’s room every 10 minutes, but I digress. Anyone else ever have to get in shape for Disney, and if so how? I don’t mean start a walking routine to get their legs in shape for walking the parks. I mean a “lets drop some weight to fit into my summer clothes program?

slipperalwaysfits

I'm bumping this thread because I've been thinking about it a lot lately, too. I belong to a gym and have been very diligent about swimming each day, although I was lazier than I want to admit this week and didn't go as much.
We leave in 82 days for our trip. The swimming has been great but it doesn't strengthen my legs so much. Last year, we went to Disney after I'd been swimming for several months and my legs really struggled with all that walking. This week and forward, I'm going to push myself to do more strength training at the gym. It's frustrating when you see "7:15" on the clock in the gym at night but at least you know you're taking care of yourself. I'm not a morning person, could never go in the morning. I'd rather have a short night at home and be healthy. I just want others to know we are all in the same boat, trying to live as healthy as "We" possibly can to live a great life and be able to ENJOY a great life. Good luck to all! :D:D

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hi there! First - Good Luck!!!! I was just thinking of starting a work out to Disney trip! thread!!! I'm training for Disney - a Disney 1/2 marathon that is! :) But I too have to drop weight too. In the past, I have done every diet known to man. I have tried every pill, every fad, every everything. But honestly, the only, I mean ONLY thing that works is a low carb diet with exercise and you need a program to watch portion control like livestrong my plate or weight watchers. I started back this past week - I made sensible wise choices, loads of fruits and veggies, and loads of water. Have a work out plan that works for my lifestlye and this week when I weighed myself - I lost 5 1/2 lbs the first week! And I still had movie popcorn (small no butter) and ordered pizza (with salad and water and loads of veggies on it). I use weight watchers b/c its easy for me. But I have friends that do better with myplate b/c they like counting calories rather then points. Some tips - drink a glass of water before every meal, if you want a snack in the evening, chobani makes little yogurt cups of raspberry chocolate chip that are yummy, Kind bars - the low sugar ones - dark chocolate and sea salt - are a great thing to have in the middle of the day when you need that afternoon pick me up. And we invested in a Vitamix for whole food blending and start the day with a high protein green or berry smoothie every day. Good luck!!!!

Which Half? Just know that you need carbs and protein while training.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom