Time that FP opens online at 60 days?

tem325

Original Poster
Sorry for this basic question----my 60 day window opens up tomorrow, so should I be on the Disney site at midnight tonight to do my FP selections ? Why does 6 am stick out in my brain?

Tom

Beta Return
Typically it opens at midnight, unless they're updating the system or a park closes after midnight.

DisneyPrincess5

Typically it opens at midnight, unless they're updating the system or a park closes after midnight.
Great info. So our FP+ Booking date is 1/1. Because the parks will be operating late into the night 12/31 and early morning of 1/1, does this effect our booking time or can I still book at 12am on 1/1? Thanks.

Tom

Beta Return
Great info. So our FP+ Booking date is 1/1. Because the parks will be operating late into the night 12/31 and early morning of 1/1, does this effect our booking time or can I still book at 12am on 1/1? Thanks.

From everything I've read, the FP+ booking window won't open until after the last park closes on New Year's Eve. But I could be wrong and/or things may have changed.

The changeover to the new year may also have an impact on the servers.

DisneyPrincess5

From everything I've read, the FP+ booking window won't open until after the last park closes on New Year's Eve. But I could be wrong and/or things may have changed.

The changeover to the new year may also have an impact on the servers.
Ok hmm very interesting-like what does park hours and booking FP 60 days away have to do with each other??

Who am I kidding...I'll be asleep prior to midnight most likely anyway so I guess I'll just do it in the morning!

Thanks for the info.

Rob562

Ok hmm very interesting-like what does park hours and booking FP 60 days away have to do with each other??

Who am I kidding...I'll be asleep prior to midnight most likely anyway so I guess I'll just do it in the morning!

Thanks for the info.

It most likely has to do with how the servers look at what "today" means. So even though it's physically and legally "Saturday" at 12:30am Saturday, if the park hasn't closed yet from Friday because it has a 1am closing time, it's still considering it as being its "Friday operating day".

So once the current operating day ends (if it ends after midnight), the FP+ system is clear to open for another day at the end of the 60-day window. Otherwise it opens it at midnight.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
It most likely has to do with how the servers look at what "today" means. So even though it's physically and legally "Saturday" at 12:30am Saturday, if the park hasn't closed yet from Friday because it has a 1am closing time, it's still considering it as being its "Friday operating day".

So once the current operating day ends (if it ends after midnight), the FP+ system is clear to open for another day at the end of the 60-day window. Otherwise it opens it at midnight.

-Rob

Yup, this.

The servers and database aren't smart enough to permit access to users unless the entire system, as a whole, has "rolled over" to the next business day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom