Time Share Disneyland

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So not $30,000 but $66,000.
What is your point? Yes, with maintenance fees (which were less when we bought in of course) we have spent more than the initial investment, but my savings calculations are based on every dollar that we have spent, not based on just the initial investment.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Timeshares are scams. There are full businesses that exist to just help people get out of their timeshare contracts.
The businesses that exist to help DVC members get out of their timeshare contracts typically yield huge profits for the selling DVC member. Most timeshares are worthless the second you buy them. DVC holds its value and has historically increased in value in the long run.

It's still not an investment product, it's a leisure expense, and you shouldn't buy one unless you can pay in cash and won't he harmed financially if it goes to 0. But comparing DVC to most timeshares from a financial perspective is silly, no matter what Dave Ramsey tells you.

truecoat

What is your point? Yes, with maintenance fees (which were less when we bought in of course) we have spent more than the initial investment, but my savings calculations are based on every dollar that we have spent, not based on just the initial investment.

You said 30 grand but you've spent 66 and counting. It works for you and that's fine but the number you stated was less than half of what you have spent.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You said 30 grand but you've spent 66 and counting. It works for you and that's fine but the number you stated was less than half of what you have spent.
Ok, but my numbers were what I saved on my trips, not what I spent. I wasn't trying to hoodwink anyone. If it works for someone, they can save a ton of money on their resort costs. As I have stated, DVC is not for everyone, but it works for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom