Time Racers rumor

Nicole

Original Poster
I don't remember hearing this before so forgive me if it's already been posted.

On the AllEarsNet.com site, Anita Answer reported a RUMOR that Time Racers (which has been rumored to be replacing SSE) may be built at the Imagination Pavilion. She mentioned something I *have* heard here, that the exterior of SSE is partially supported by the current ride track, which can't be removed.

http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/aa040504.htm#ques1

I think I read something here in just the past few days about construction going on at the Imagination pavilion? Could there be a connection??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Timeracers is more aligned with a post show for Spaceship Earth, rather than the actual main ride.

The Imagination construction I believe is for maintanance purposes, nothing major. :)

General Grizz

Unless it's Figment's "Time Racers," it's probably a no go. I haven't heard this, but I will inquire anyway.

The construction is glass cleaning -- see my latest trip news in News/Rumors.

General Grizz

I would love to see ANYTHING be put in Time Racers. (Well, not ANYTHING. Good things. Very good things. :lol: ).

Unfortunately, I have no solid new information. I DON'T want them to gut the ride.

wdwjmp239

What's going on with SSE Post Show?

jrriddle said:
Hey Grizz, what about the "scaled down" Time Racers rumor going into the Global Neighborhood space?

I was at Disney a couple of months ago and saw the Post Show inside Spaceship Earth. It was very eerie to see those walls put up only knowing that months before there was actual AT&T stuff there. It almost created a very surrreal experience for me.

But, just out of curiosity, has there been any progress with the taking down of those walls since May 2004?

I haven't been in the "Disney Loop" for awhile as school and finances have been preventing me from taking my weekend sabbaticals to the mouse (I live 3 hrs away from Orlando).

Other than that.. it's good to be back on the boards again. Hello everyone! :sohappy: :sohappy:

General Grizz

The walls are still there. A sign that says "FUTURE WORLD" with an arrow pointing left covers it.

From what I understand, there will be no progress - at least until there is a new sponsor. Hopefully, only a tasteful upgrade of SE can result.

DarkMeasures

General Grizz said:
The walls are still there. A sign that says "FUTURE WORLD" with an arrow pointing left covers it.

From what I understand, there will be no progress - at least until there is a new sponsor. Hopefully, only a tasteful upgrade of SE can result.

I am sure due to the Attraction's status, that the ride would stay tasteful.

StevenT

It was depressing getting off Spaceship Earth in June and seeing the construction wall surrounding global neighborhood. They need to really do something with it. I hope they pick up another sponser soon :(.

General Grizz said:
I so unless this is Figment's "Time Racers," it's probably a no go

Figment's Time racers??? Now, thats not a bad idea, Make a giant attraction around figment, that doesnt stink......hmmmm........

BDAN29

jrriddle said:
Hey Grizz, what about the "scaled down" Time Racers rumor going into the Global Neighborhood space?
Current rumors indicate that Microsoft may pick up the sponsorship of SSE. If this happens, I would imagine to see a "Windows" post show area where they have a lot of Windows PCs setup loaded with Microsoft software.

As for Time Racers, other rumors flying around indicate it could be replacing Wonders of Life as it has since gone to seasonal operation.

Lynx04

I have a question. What exactly is Time Racers? I have seen threads on it before, but nothing really describing what it is. Is it a simulator ride?

Number_6

hcwalker16 said:
Microsoft taking over SSE? And we thought the ride stopped a lot when AT&T was the sponsor! :)

"A Fatal Error Has Occured in the Ride System. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to Continue"

jrriddle

Lynx04 said:
I have a question. What exactly is Time Racers? I have seen threads on it before, but nothing really describing what it is. Is it a simulator ride?
It's a ride...
But seriously (and please correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure you all will :) ) from what I've been able to piece together it was along the lines of IOA's Spiderman but obviously you are racing through time.
I'm sure if Grizz, Corus or Lee are kicking around they could give you better info.

CaptainMichael

Knowing Disney, they'll take down the walls and make the room into a shop! I'd have no problem with Microsoft sponsoring SSE. Microsoft is awesome!!

Brian_B

I am personally of the belief that global neighborhood or whatever should revert to it's original purpose: the information station at epcot - like back when it was Earth Station. It's interesting to note that in the middle of where all that twisted wire is in the global neighborhood, you can see a raised circular area of the ceiling, and I *think* the film screens are still there - they used to show video regarding each of the original epcot pavilions (with their little logos and everything). If I were head of all creation I'd remove that huge kiosk outside near the fountain and put all that information inside Earth Station II, and add maybe a small lounge or something - and also rennovate the exterior walls & make them glass panels, making Earth Station II brighter inside and more accessible to folks wandering around outside - more of a visual draw. That was it's original purpose.

-Brian

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom