Time Racers rumor

Chape19714

disneydummy125 said:
Maybe if Microsoft is the sponser than in the post show area they can have hundreds of XBOXs for people to play. :sohappy:

The whole reason for going to Disney World is to do things that you can't do at home!!! You can play x-box at home, so if you were to come to Disney to play x-box, i'd personally rather those people would stay home and play x-box. sorry, but even though it is microsoft, it would seem extremely out of line, hey the whole reason the Indy Speedway may be leaving is because you can ride go-carts at home. just my opinion.

PeterAlt

hcwalker16 said:
Microsoft taking over SSE? And we thought the ride stopped a lot when AT&T was the sponsor! :)

Microsoft taking over sponsorship makes a lot of sense! AT&T's message of "Welcome to the Information Age" could easily be replaced by the "Internet Age". Besides, the ride is about the history and future of communications. When the ride was first built, the Internet was not around. But the Internet has become such a revolution in communications for humanity worldwide that it must become a major scene within the ride, and who is better qualified to sponsor it than Microsoft?

Dayma

PeterAlt said:
who is better qualified to sponsor it than Microsoft?

Easy....Cisco, Avia, SBC, Bay Networks, etc or some other company that actually works with communication equipment not Microsoft. Microsoft made it easier for us to use computers while Cisco and telecom companies made it easier/faster to communicate across the internet.

speck76

Brian_B said:
I am personally of the belief that global neighborhood or whatever should revert to it's original purpose: the information station at epcot - like back when it was Earth Station. It's interesting to note that in the middle of where all that twisted wire is in the global neighborhood, you can see a raised circular area of the ceiling, and I *think* the film screens are still there - they used to show video regarding each of the original epcot pavilions (with their little logos and everything). If I were head of all creation I'd remove that huge kiosk outside near the fountain and put all that information inside Earth Station II, and add maybe a small lounge or something - and also rennovate the exterior walls & make them glass panels, making Earth Station II brighter inside and more accessible to folks wandering around outside - more of a visual draw. That was it's original purpose.

-Brian

...because an information station, that will really bring back the masses. :rolleyes:

aimster

hcwalker16 said:
Microsoft taking over SSE? And we thought the ride stopped a lot when AT&T was the sponsor! :)

HA! It still stops alot even without a sponsor! I was stuck in the scene after burning Rome for 15-20 minutes last night and missed Illuminations! :lol:

Expo_Seeker40

I personally like the idea of a new Earth Station. It doesn't have to be outdated asm the original, but I like the idea of a central area right next to the icon attracion and symbol. Here we could once again learn about the pavilions, rides, shows, and attractions via touch tone screen. We could also talk to a CM via video phone, and talk to a cast memeber or even a robot at the Earth Station information desk. There are endless ways to show how we can create a new Earth Station with new technology and better presentations.

Yes the original Earth Station screeens are still there near the ceeling, I would rather have giant LCD screens shows the pavilions and EPCOT Center itself, than an outdated projection system. :wave:

Brian_B

speck76 said:
...because an information station, that will really bring back the masses. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and a huge ugly mesh of twisted wires (which is now behind painted wooden walls) was my prime destination as soon as I traversed through the Epcot gates... :hurl:

Meanwhile there's usually always 3 or more families staring at that kiosk outside, which is exactly what Earth Station was supposed to be for...

I never spent more than 10 seconds in the "global neighborhood" - mostly just a blur as I was sprinting by.

-Brian

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom