Tim Burton Weekend Rumor

jjharvpro

I'd love to see some more Burton character presence. The Studios would be an awesome place for that. I'm not saying for Disney to make a hard ticket holiday event on the level of MNSSHP or MVMCP in any other park besides MK or even overdo a holiday theme and try to compete with, let's say HHN at Uni. But during the Halloween season, I'd love to see some additional holiday offerings! Bringing in Burton characters would be a great offering!

Kuhio

Ooh Edward Scissorhands... Imagine the topiaries!!!
And a Sweeney Todd barbershop/restaurant. Meat pie anybody? I hear the "Preacher" is delicious.

So if I understand you correctly...

Edward Scissorhands is coming to the Flower & Garden Festival... and Sweeney Todd is coming to the Food & Wine Festival?

(And this is how rumors are born!
biggrin.gif
)

stitch2008

I dont know about a "Tim Burton" thing. But I do remember hearing not too long ago that both Disney and SeaWorld had been interested in getting into more "scary" Halloween events. It wouldn't surprise me if Disney did some scary stuff in the future.

articos

More importantly, how likely is Tim to allow this type of event. Look at his history - he's extremely picky with allowing his work for exhibitions, even with the Disney corporate connection. I would temper expectations.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah, I remember Jim Hill writing an article about Pops unbuilt Legendary Years turning into an animation resort and having suites and ground would move soon. Oh the uproar that caused.

HTF

It would be cheaper to try the incredibly successful Nightmare overlay at the HM than coordinate an entire hard ticket event. Not to mention a lot less risky. I will say with Universal launching Transformers in summer 2013 along with the Springfield overlay as well, it might be the best time ever to try the overlay at the Haunted Mansion.

awoogala

It would be cheaper to try the incredibly successful Nightmare overlay at the HM than coordinate an entire hard ticket event. Not to mention a lot less risky. I will say with Universal launching Transformers in summer 2013 along with the Springfield overlay as well, it might be the best time ever to try the overlay at the Haunted Mansion.
no overlay! I hate that. Not enough for us creepy people. Plus, taking haunted mansion out for 4 weeks is so very stupid. I still want a nightmare dark ride!

HTF

Have you been in it? It's quite an impressive overlay and it gives adequate downtime to keep it in tip top shape. Also the team in DL can install and remove the overlay very quickly these days. As little as 10 days to install and 7 to remove.

awoogala

Have you been in it? It's quite an impressive overlay and it gives adequate downtime to keep it in tip top shape. Also the team in DL can install and remove the overlay very quickly these days. As little as 10 days to install and 7 to remove.
no. We don't go to Disneyland;-) but
1. I would rather more new rides. And I think a nightmare dark ride/ indoor coaster would be amazing.
2. I had read the overlay took 4 weeks- if it was down to 10 days, it's better, but still..
3. I want more rides, not longer lines for rides that are already there.
if I ever get back to Disneyland, though, I would love to see it.

HTF

no. We don't go to Disneyland;-) but
1. I would rather more new rides. And I think a nightmare dark ride/ indoor coaster would be amazing.
2. I had read the overlay took 4 weeks- if it was down to 10 days, it's better, but still..
3. I want more rides, not longer lines for rides that are already there.
if I ever get back to Disneyland, though, I would love to see it.

Give me a nightmare darkride any day. As for DL it's a must visit, it's like The Magic Kingdom but nicer and has much more to offer.

awoogala

Give me a nightmare darkride any day. As for DL it's a must visit, it's like The Magic Kingdom but nicer and has much more to offer.
I did the land as a kid, but we drive to wdw, and my kids are deathly afraid of flying... Not happening for a few years!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom