Tigger robs a store?!

Stitch79

Original Poster
This news story popped up today. Its rather funny, and at the same time you have to wonder how dumb some people can be.

--------------------------------------

Local - WKMG MyCFNow.com

A man dressed as the Disney character Tigger attempted to rob a convenience store in Upper Darby, PA., according to a Local 6 News report.

Police said that the man walked into the A-Plus convenience store dressed in a full Tigger suit with tail and ears and then claimed that he had a bomb.

Police said that the clerk thought it was joke and did not take the hold up seriously. The suspect eventually left the store empty handed.

The suspect, Allen Hansell, 22, of Ridley Park was caught a short time later several blocks away from the store still dressed in the Tigger suit.

The entire attempt was caught on store surveillance video.

Watch Local 6 News for an update on this story.

tigsmom

this happened not too long ago in Bradenton, Florida. A guy wearing a Mickey suit robbed a mini mart. He the jumped off a bridge to a waiting boat(That's what the cops think) and disappeared. Don't think they ever found him.

WDWFREAK53

I don't get what the big deal about this is...

(Was it because he wasn't wearing a Piglet costume?) :lookaroun

hehe jk

WDWspider

What kind of charges and penalties are there for an unsuccessful attempted robbery? Especially when it was more threat than truth, and not taken seriously.

Just Curious.:lookaroun

dizpins14

The thing I want to know is why wear the tigger suit if the face is cut out and the person then can be intentified......:lookaroun and then why would the police even be looking for him if the threat wasn't taken seriously??

Woody13

Here's an example of the law in California;

CALIFORNIA Penal Code Section 182-185
185. Section One Hundred and Eighty-five. It shall be unlawful for any person to wear any mask, false whiskers, or any personal disguise (whether complete or partial) for the purpose of: One--Evading or escaping discovery, recognition, or identification in the commission of any public offense. Two--Concealment, flight, or escape, when charged with, arrested for, or convicted of, any public offense. Any person violating any of the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor.

Many other states have similar laws. If you walk into a bank wearing a mask, watch out! Also, if you are wearing a surgical mask (protection against SARS for example) you would be advised to get a note from your doctor declaring the medical need.

OZZY

If the guy wanted to be taken seriously perhaps he should have used a more intimidating costume. Stitch perhaps?

Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by tigsmom
this happened not too long ago in Bradenton, Florida. A guy wearing a Mickey suit robbed a mini mart. He the jumped off a bridge to a waiting boat(That's what the cops think) and disappeared. Don't think they ever found him.

I just noticed that you are from NY... I'm from Sarasota (due south of Bradenton), and just thought it odd that I never heard this... I'm not discrediting you, but I'm just saying, "Something like this makes national news, and it's just up the street, yet I never heard it on a local station!?!"

That's the media for you...

Or maybe (probably) I just missed it... oh well... I'll still blame the media... :lookaroun

wizard12

hehehe. What an idiot. He'll never get caught there. I mean, there must be thousands of Tiggers walking around the streets.:animwink:

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Woody13
Here's an example of the law in California;

CALIFORNIA Penal Code Section 182-185
185. Section One Hundred and Eighty-five. It shall be unlawful for any person to wear any mask, false whiskers, or any personal disguise (whether complete or partial) for the purpose of: One--Evading or escaping discovery, recognition, or identification in the commission of any public offense. Two--Concealment, flight, or escape, when charged with, arrested for, or convicted of, any public offense. Any person violating any of the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor.

Many other states have similar laws. If you walk into a bank wearing a mask, watch out! Also, if you are wearing a surgical mask (protection against SARS for example) you would be advised to get a note from your doctor declaring the medical need.
Just something else they could arrest Wacko Jacko for..... :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom