Tiffy's is Closed

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
On my way to the Hilton, and noticed signs on the building on Katella and Disneyland Drive/West Street.

Closed for Remodeling.

But also signs advertising Prime Real Estate from a Realtor.

Only eat there a few times. Once with Al Lutz, so we could describe how not good it was.

Should be interesting what goes in the space.

Also a big Cheer/Dance weekend.

One sign is.... No Stunting or Tumbling on Concrete.

Time for a rubber chicken lunch.

DavidDL

I thought it was called Tiffy's. Either way I can't say I'll miss it much, had a meal or two there and it didn't make any sort of impression on me. When I was in the Disneyland ROProgram during High School and working food services at the resort my Mom and I would always use the Tiffy's parking lot as the designated pick up zone because it was easier for us (I didn't have a car and wasn't able to drive yet).

I noticed lots of rats roaming around the dumpster they had in back while waiting to be picked up. Gross.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I thought it was called Tiffy's. Either way I can't say I'll miss it much, had a meal or two there and it didn't make any sort of impression on me. When I was in the Disneyland ROProgram during High School and working food services at the resort my Mom and I would always use the Tiffy's parking lot as the designated pick up zone because it was easier for us (I didn't have a car and wasn't able to drive yet).

I noticed lots of rats roaming around the dumpster they had in back while waiting to be picked up. Gross.
Oops.

See what happens when groups of Cheer/Dance are trying to not Stunt around you.

Edited my mistake.

Phroobar

Now will someone please close down Captain Kids....

Mmmmm, pork by products....

this-is-their-ham-it.jpg

City hall, think of the children.
348s.jpg

TP2000

Only eat there a few times. Once with Al Lutz, so we could describe how not good it was.

Should be interesting what goes in the space.

This is wonderful news! Tiffy's is one of those tiny pockets of dismal decay, much like The Little Boy Blue Motel, that are getting rarer but still dot the streets around the Resort area.

I have no idea how they stayed in business this far into the Yelp era, but it's great to hear they finally closed. Even if it just becomes a parking lot with yet another Starbucks on it, it will be an improvement for the overall Resort District.

RIP Tiffy's, and may the bulldozers be able to dislodge your grease traps without a hazmat response!

800px-Tiffy%27s_Family_Restaurant_-_panoramio.jpg

TP2000

Here's a thought...

The big fancy Westin Anaheim will be opening next door later this year. The Tiffy's property comes right smack dab up to the Westin property along Katella, and I've shaded the Tiffy's property in red in this sketch of the new Westin.

Inked726906_l_LI.jpg

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to the Westin developers to buy out the Tiffy's lot to help expand their street presence along Katella and make easier access for their driveway to the parking garage in back of the hotel?

With apologies to Auntie Mame, "You wouldn't really be losing a restaurant, you'd be gaining a driveway!"

mandelbrot

Does Disney go after this, or is it too small and awkwardly placed to be worth their time?
This small lot does not abut Disney property or any other property that might be available anytime soon. So I doubt there would be any interest on Disney's part.

It would however be a nice spot for a pedestrian bridge over Katella should the city be so inclined.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Here's a thought...

The big fancy Westin Anaheim will be opening next door later this year. The Tiffy's property comes right smack dab up to the Westin property along Katella, and I've shaded the Tiffy's property in red in this sketch of the new Westin.

View attachment 448758

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to the Westin developers to buy out the Tiffy's lot to help expand their street presence along Katella and make easier access for their driveway to the parking garage in back of the hotel?

With apologies to Auntie Mame, "You wouldn't really be losing a restaurant, you'd be gaining a driveway!"
Problem is, too late to be part of the Westin. It would be a stand alone property. But Wincome might find it useful, but not at that price.

Ismael Flores

Now will someone please close down Captain Kids....

Mmmmm, pork by products....

this-is-their-ham-it.jpg

ok that looks DISGUSTING !!
ttttt.jpg

and i have been to Kampong Cham, Cambodia and enjoyed a mixture of

13766755945_36322ef89e_z.jpg
Fried_insects_for_sale_in_Cambodia.jpg

The tarantulas were my favorite along with the crickets and meal worms. The maeng da or water bugs in Enlgish were not that bad but a bit too muchy.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Ismael Flores

Crickets are suppose to be pretty good. Very nutty taste. The problem with Tiffys is that you get these things even if you didn't order it.

yes even the tarantulas have a nutty taste. a handful of any of those bugs in the pictures actually have more protiens and healthier than some of the stuff we eat. Kampong Cham, Cambodia isharvested from the forest so the bugs diet is actually also clean and healthy and not like your typical bug seen in a city and especially not like the free ones included in Tiffys

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom