Tiffins - A new table service restaurant coming to Discovery Island at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cesar R M

They didn't use frozen pizzas before
I'm still wondering why they do not have a shop to make the basic circular bread and they just expand it using a machine and make the pizza on top.
No idea why would they need to freeze. Do they really sell that many pizzas (vs other pizzerias, like Pinochios's)?

rael ramone

They didn't use frozen pizzas before

If that wasn't 'frozen' pizza then it had to be, by far the worst 'non-frozen' pizza I ever bought at a profit seeking enterprise. It was school lunch quality. IIRC I saw some special on how they ran the pizza oven - looked more like a factory.

I'm guessing the cuisine (at least at first) at Tiffin's is quite safe from the mishandling of the pizzas at it's sister restaurant. The place needs to start out with a good rep.

freckling

Is there an estimate for when this restaurant will likely open? Would it be weird to assume that the opening of the restaurant will be tied to Rivers of Light (i.e. when AK hours expand)?

Jon81uk

Is there an estimate for when this restaurant will likely open? Would it be weird to assume that the opening of the restaurant will be tied to Rivers of Light (i.e. when AK hours expand)?

That seems to be most peoples expectations.

Although the outside seating area looks towards Avatar so it would be possible they keep anything overlooking that area closed for a while longer.

Magic Feather

It will definitely be before June 19, as it is included in the same Adventures by Disney package that has Rivers of Light.

peter11435

If that wasn't 'frozen' pizza then it had to be, by far the worst 'non-frozen' pizza I ever bought at a profit seeking enterprise. It was school lunch quality. IIRC I saw some special on how they ran the pizza oven - looked more like a factory.

I'm guessing the cuisine (at least at first) at Tiffin's is quite safe from the mishandling of the pizzas at it's sister restaurant. The place needs to start out with a good rep.
It wasn't frozen. It just sucked.

tnemgif

For an additional cost, Guests 21 years of age and up can pack additional provisions with a selection from the renowned wine list—many of which are available by the glass—in addition to a noble assortment of after-dinner liqueurs, dessert wines and specialty drinks.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but does anyone else feel this line implies some sort of fixed price?

flyerjab

What is the latest rumor for when this is opening? Is it going to be debut along with RoL or is it going to be closer to the summer time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom