Tiered ticketing at Walt Disney World

Blayne Rainey

Original Poster
With the introduction of gold and silver annual passes at Walt Disney World, is there a real possibility of tiered ticketing coming to Walt Disney World?

DisneyPrincess5

I wish you could select your park tickets and or hoppers for only the parks you're going to visit. Then at the gate when you touch your band, it allows you in if you've chosen it and paid for it, and it doesn't if you didn't. Could pay to add on the other park(s). I'm surprised they haven't done this? I guess they don't need to because they charge a flat rate for tickets and then if you don't go to one of the parks, oh well for you.

thomas998

With the introduction of gold and silver annual passes at Walt Disney World, is there a real possibility of tiered ticketing coming to Walt Disney World?

Doubtful. Though my personal wish is that they went back to the old school tickets for each ride with a thru e tickets... maybe even add a e+plus tickets to the original breakdown that would be used for the newest e-tickets rides where they would charge an additional premium to keep the crowd level of those rides down to a more manageable level.

JiminyandTink

Of course that's a possibility, haven't there already been some very public surveys about this that included very detailed breakdowns of how this could be priced

Mystic

Of course that's a possibility, haven't there already been some very public surveys about this that included very detailed breakdowns of how this could be priced

Yes, there have been surveys about this. I completed one after my trip in July. If they go through with some of the options that were listed, I won't be visiting the parks anymore. I'm not prepared to shell out over $450 on a 3 day park ticket (that was what one of the scenarios worked out to be).

DisneyPrincess5

Yes, there have been surveys about this. I completed one after my trip in July. If they go through with some of the options that were listed, I won't be visiting the parks anymore. I'm not prepared to shell out over $450 on a 3 day park ticket (that was what one of the scenarios worked out to be).
:eek::eek::eek::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Cmdr_Crimson

Doubtful. Though my personal wish is that they went back to the old school tickets for each ride with a thru e tickets..

That would be a complete and udder nightmare and if the only way to do it is through MDE the off property guest would have to go a ticket stand to buy the A-E tickets..

thomas998

That would be a complete and udder nightmare and if the only way to do it is through MDE the off property guest would have to go a ticket stand to buy the A-E tickets..
Actually it would probably result in shorter lines for all the rides - that would be a good thing. It would also make it painfully obvious when a ride had outlived its usefulness and needed to be replaced because even though they track the number of people that ride the rides I'm willing to bet that many of those riders on some of the really bad rides are only doing it because it was available and free but wouldn't spend even 50 cents to ride it if they had to pay per ride.

Cmdr_Crimson

Actually it would probably result in shorter lines for all the rides - that would be a good thing. It would also make it painfully obvious when a ride had outlived its usefulness and needed to be replaced because even though they track the number of people that ride the rides I'm willing to bet that many of those riders on some of the really bad rides are only doing it because it was available and free but wouldn't spend even 50 cents to ride it if they had to pay per ride.

In this day in age It would be jacked up big time..:hilarious:
For dark rides it would be $5 each
Thrill Rides $15

Mystic

That was my feeling exactly. Some of the scenarios had tickets that included park hopping (no option to opt out). Some had photopass included (again, no way to opt out). Others were you had to pay full price for each day if you were getting less than 4 days. So if you were only going for 3 days, you had to pay $100+ per day, basically the equivalent of going to the ticket booth each day and purchasing a single day ticket.

No thanks!

rob0519

I see WDW instituting the fluctuating daily walk up price this year if it works for Universal. What I also see at some point will be tiered pricing based on the season or holiday. President's Day will cost more than a basic week. Parts of Spring Break will cost more than President's Day, Mid June-Mid August will cost more than Spring Break and of course Christmas will cost most of all.

They already do this with resort pricing, so I'm sure it's just waiting in the wings.

Brad Bishop

It makes a lot of sense to me on two levels:
1) If you want to go at a less crowded time then your price will be less expensive.
2) If you want to go at a more crowded time than the crowd levels may be better kept in-check.

What I really don't care for is the selling of the park to me twice in a day. I don't mind the odd special events but the last 1/3 of the year is selling the park (MK) twice on most days. I even like the MNSSHP and MVMCP. It's making me lean towards just buying tickets for those special events and then either using normal tickets on other days or going to Universal for the rest of the week.

thomas998

In this day in age It would be jacked up big time..:hilarious:
For dark rides it would be $5 each
Thrill Rides $15
and that would be a problem because? The other reality is the cost of entry to the park would drop to a much lower level. It would likely boost attendance which would help Disney sell more mouse ears while lowering ride lines... But when you consider on a busy day with the current lines you are lucky to get a dozen rides in, the total cost if you did 3 thrill rides and 9 regular rides would only be 90 dollars which is still less than a single day ticket.... Well I don't see any real problem.

EvilQueen-T

We just renewed our annual passes and it's on a tier system now so I'm sure that will also carry over into people purchasing a ticket package for a one time vacation similar to how resort prices are all over the place depending on the time of year.

EvilQueen-T

It makes a lot of sense to me on two levels:
1) If you want to go at a less crowded time then your price will be less expensive.
2) If you want to go at a more crowded time than the crowd levels may be better kept in-check.

What I really don't care for is the selling of the park to me twice in a day. I don't mind the odd special events but the last 1/3 of the year is selling the park (MK) twice on most days. I even like the MNSSHP and MVMCP. It's making me lean towards just buying tickets for those special events and then either using normal tickets on other days or going to Universal for the rest of the week.

I agree with there being soooo many hard ticket event nights. It gets frustrating. I think a lot of people would love to go at less expensive times of year but are held captive to an antiquated school calendar system. We lived where there was year round school with 4 different start date options for a few years (still 4 semesters of 9 weeks each) and it was fantastic but most people with kids are stuck with having to go during peak times or pulling kids out of school.

dizda

With tiered pricing for AP now in place, I see no reason why Disney would not at least try tiered ticketing as a an extra crowd management tool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom