Tickets for Split Stay

HeartOfTeFiti

We want to visit Disney World for 10 days, starting out at a monorail resort and switching mid way to an Epcot resort. If I purchase a package for the first part of the stay can I add 10 day tickets and then just do a room only reservation for the second part, or do I have to do 2 separate packages each with 5 day tickets for each person?
In other words, does the length of the tickets in a package have to correspond with the length of stay in that specific room?
I don't want to complicate things but it looks like a 10 day ticket is a significant savings over (2) 5 day tickets per person.

Dave B

We want to visit Disney World for 10 days, starting out at a monorail resort and switching mid way to an Epcot resort. If I purchase a package for the first part of the stay can I add 10 day tickets and then just do a room only reservation for the second part, or do I have to do 2 separate packages each with 5 day tickets for each person?
In other words, does the length of the tickets in a package have to correspond with the length of stay in that specific room?
I don't want to complicate things but it looks like a 10 day ticket is a significant savings over (2) 5 day tickets per person.
YES you can, this is what we do on all our trips, you book the tickets under the first reservation, so you book a package and put the $200 deposit down, you then book a second/different reservation with a room only, the only issue is you have to put down basically one nights deposit rather than the $200, the tickets are good for your stay at both, very easy, Have Fun

Upvote 0

HeartOfTeFiti

Original Poster
If you want to uncomplicate it then I'd just book 2 room only reservations and buy 10 day tickets separately.
Tickets in a package only require a $200 deposit and are fully refundable up until the balance is due. Tickets purchased separately need to be paid in full and are non refundable. Given the last year and a half it makes sense to keep options open. Also, advance park reservations are required. You need a ticket to make a reservation so purchasing last minute isn't preferable.

Upvote 0

HeartOfTeFiti

Original Poster
YES you can, this is what we do on all our trips, you book the tickets under the first reservation, so you book a package and put the $200 deposit down, you then book a second/different reservation with a room only, the only issue is you have to put down basically one nights deposit rather than the $200, the tickets are good for your stay at both, very easy, Have Fun
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Tickets in a package only require a $200 deposit and are fully refundable up until the balance is due. Tickets purchased separately need to be paid in full and are non refundable. Given the last year and a half it makes sense to keep options open. Also, advance park reservations are required. You need a ticket to make a reservation so purchasing last minute isn't preferable.

I fully understand all of that and I personally always book a package but I also never do split stays and I do know how people tend to start feeling overwhelmed by how to do it so I was just saying that this would be the least complicated way of going about it.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I believe if you want tickets longer than your package then you would need to call to book. Not sure it’s an option offered online. But I can’t see the US site to check. Maybe someone else can confirm.

But booking two 5 day packages is the most expensive option. So you either want to book one package for 5 nights with 10 day tickets followed by a room-only booking, or book 2 room-only stays with separate tickets.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom