• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Tickets for Split Stay

HeartOfTeFiti

We want to visit Disney World for 10 days, starting out at a monorail resort and switching mid way to an Epcot resort. If I purchase a package for the first part of the stay can I add 10 day tickets and then just do a room only reservation for the second part, or do I have to do 2 separate packages each with 5 day tickets for each person?
In other words, does the length of the tickets in a package have to correspond with the length of stay in that specific room?
I don't want to complicate things but it looks like a 10 day ticket is a significant savings over (2) 5 day tickets per person.

Dave B

We want to visit Disney World for 10 days, starting out at a monorail resort and switching mid way to an Epcot resort. If I purchase a package for the first part of the stay can I add 10 day tickets and then just do a room only reservation for the second part, or do I have to do 2 separate packages each with 5 day tickets for each person?
In other words, does the length of the tickets in a package have to correspond with the length of stay in that specific room?
I don't want to complicate things but it looks like a 10 day ticket is a significant savings over (2) 5 day tickets per person.
YES you can, this is what we do on all our trips, you book the tickets under the first reservation, so you book a package and put the $200 deposit down, you then book a second/different reservation with a room only, the only issue is you have to put down basically one nights deposit rather than the $200, the tickets are good for your stay at both, very easy, Have Fun

Upvote 0

HeartOfTeFiti

Original Poster
If you want to uncomplicate it then I'd just book 2 room only reservations and buy 10 day tickets separately.
Tickets in a package only require a $200 deposit and are fully refundable up until the balance is due. Tickets purchased separately need to be paid in full and are non refundable. Given the last year and a half it makes sense to keep options open. Also, advance park reservations are required. You need a ticket to make a reservation so purchasing last minute isn't preferable.

Upvote 0

HeartOfTeFiti

Original Poster
YES you can, this is what we do on all our trips, you book the tickets under the first reservation, so you book a package and put the $200 deposit down, you then book a second/different reservation with a room only, the only issue is you have to put down basically one nights deposit rather than the $200, the tickets are good for your stay at both, very easy, Have Fun
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Tickets in a package only require a $200 deposit and are fully refundable up until the balance is due. Tickets purchased separately need to be paid in full and are non refundable. Given the last year and a half it makes sense to keep options open. Also, advance park reservations are required. You need a ticket to make a reservation so purchasing last minute isn't preferable.

I fully understand all of that and I personally always book a package but I also never do split stays and I do know how people tend to start feeling overwhelmed by how to do it so I was just saying that this would be the least complicated way of going about it.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I believe if you want tickets longer than your package then you would need to call to book. Not sure it’s an option offered online. But I can’t see the US site to check. Maybe someone else can confirm.

But booking two 5 day packages is the most expensive option. So you either want to book one package for 5 nights with 10 day tickets followed by a room-only booking, or book 2 room-only stays with separate tickets.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom