Ticket Question

Goofier

Okay, this might seem like a fairly stupid question, but I'm a WDW newbie...

It's obviously cost effective to buy a 10 day MYW park hopper. But my trip is only five days. Can you add the no expiration option to just the five days that I won't be using on this trip, or do you have to add it to the whole ticket?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Even though you have to pay on the basis of the full ten days, a 10-day hopper with no expiration option is cheaper per day than a 5-day base ticket. If you include hopper on the 5-day it's about $9/day cheaper.

If you're not going to use all ten days within a reasonable time frame, the $90 you save might not be worth not having the cash in the bank [but given that interest rates these days are not great, that would be a long time :eek:].

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

Bell is correct....it must be added to the entire 10 day ticket. However, if you do the math, I believe it is still cheaper to buy a 10 day w/ no exp than it is to buy 2 separate 5 day passes.

That is what we did for this year.....I bought the 10 day with no exp so we can use 5 days this trip and 5 days for next years trip....it still saved us a bunch of money. (This was before the price increase in Jan).

Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

Nicole

However, it is not cost effective to to the same thing for a child's ticket. The 10 day upgrade costs $135 for both tickets.

We did 10-day no-expire tickets for my teenagers last summer and my husband in the fall. We've been to Disney twice and they all still have 3 days left for a future visit.

Upvote 0

WTBAD

You may want to consider buying annual passes, if you're going twice for 5 day stays. The tickets will be about $40 more each, but there are discounts
you can get as a AP ticket holder. One discount is on your rooms. For May the discount is about $ 30 per night. You can get up to three rooms at the discounted rate. Also you get 10% discount at the Disney store at DTD. You
can also get a dinning card for 20% discounts at most table service restaurants, at the FC in the hotels, and at a few, very few, counter service restaurants in some of the parks. Make a budget a compare. See if AP tickets will save. You may even be able to get in a third trip since you will already have your tickets.

Upvote 0

Goofier

Original Poster
I've thought about an AP, but I don't know when the next time I'd be able to swing a trip would be. That's why the no expiration option is appealing to me, because those other five days would never expire, even if I don't go back for five years.

Thanks for those details though. I didn't know about all the discounts....now there's more to consider.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom