Ticket question ? Wanting to add a couple of options to MYW tix...

JENA_le

I am pretty sure that we will be buying the 4 Day MYW tix with the Hopper option and Water Parks and More option.

So here is the scenario:

Let say we arrive and go to our first park Monday, followed by 3 more days of parks and some water parks. If I still have a "Water Park and more ticket" available, could we use that portion Friday, even though it would be outside of our 4 days???

sbkline

Yes, you could definitely do that. Your ticket and everything on it would expire 14 days after the first day you use the ticket. But your water park days have nothing to do with your theme park days other than that. You can use a theme park admission on Tuesday morning, then a water park admission Tuesday evening, or you could do your 4 theme park days all in a row, followed by all your water park days all in a row, etc. It makes no difference in what order you use them. All that matters is that all of your days/admissions are used up within 14 days. Heck, you could use all of you theme park days, check out of your Disney Hotel and go stay at the Holiday Inn for a few more days and still use any remaining water park and more admissions.

Upvote 0

JENA_le

Original Poster
If we are on the same page.... than what your telling me sounds perfect!

How do the tickets in the sort of option I described above arrive? Would it be like 4 individual park hopper tickets for me to use 1 on each of the 4 days and then 4 WP and More tix for me to use individually on 4 other days (or the same days if I choose).

It seems like this ticket option thing is better than I thought, but I still feel a bit confused.

Here is the real scenario I am thinking of. We are somewhat limited on time. We recently did both parks at Disneyland. So I figure when we make our trip to WDW, I want to devote at least 1 day each to Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Possibly 1 day to MK and HS together. I also want to devote 1 day each to both waterparks. Since it seems to be included I would figure in a time slot to at least quickly check out Disney Quest. So with all this in mind would I just purchase the 3 day MYW with hopper and with water parks and more option? Considering I will only need 3 days for theme parks, the additional 2 days would just be for water parks.

Thank you for any advice.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

How do the tickets in the sort of option I described above arrive? Would it be like 4 individual park hopper tickets for me to use 1 on each of the 4 days and then 4 WP and More tix for me to use individually on 4 other days (or the same days if I choose).

No, you'll get one ticket that includes your theme park & water park days.

In your scenario, yes, I would get the 3 day park ticket with water parks and more. Keep in mind, though, that the water parks tend to close a little early, so you may want to hit one of the theme parks afterwards.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

For the difference in price, I would add at least a day of parks to your tickets, and plan to do a half day at water parks, followed by a half day of parks. The parks themselves are so much bigger than the California parks, you'll want to spend more time there.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

It seems like this ticket option thing is better than I thought, but I still feel a bit confused.

Here is the real scenario I am thinking of. We are somewhat limited on time. We recently did both parks at Disneyland. So I figure when we make our trip to WDW, I want to devote at least 1 day each to Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Possibly 1 day to MK and HS together. I also want to devote 1 day each to both waterparks. Since it seems to be included I would figure in a time slot to at least quickly check out Disney Quest. So with all this in mind would I just purchase the 3 day MYW with hopper and with water parks and more option? Considering I will only need 3 days for theme parks, the additional 2 days would just be for water parks.

Thank you for any advice.

As far as what you are looking to do, you have the idea right. The 3 day park hopper with water park fun and more will give you 3 theme park days and then 3 admissions to the other options. The tickets expire 14 days from the first time you use them, so you won't have a problem getting your use.

As far as your plan, combining DHS and MK on the same day may be a bit of a challenge.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you're not sure you'll use any extra days, don't buy them until you need them. You can add a park day to your ticket at any time during your 14-day window for ~$11.50 for a fourth day and ~$8.50 per day after that up to a maximum of ten total days on the ticket. You can do so even after you've used all the admissions on the ticket, so long as you're within the 14-day window.

The extra days don't cost much anyway, but why spend it if you don't need to? :shrug:

Upvote 0

luvdisneyworld

If you're not sure you'll use any extra days, don't buy them until you need them. You can add a park day to your ticket at any time during your 14-day window for ~$11.50 for a fourth day and ~$8.50 per day after that up to a maximum of ten total days on the ticket. You can do so even after you've used all the admissions on the ticket, so long as you're within the 14-day window.

The extra days don't cost much anyway, but why spend it if you don't need to? :shrug:

So, if you buy 4 day Magic Your Way tickets without the park hopper option, just the base tickets and you get to the resort and decide you wanna add a day can you do so for the price you quoted? (Im planning our first trip to WDW and only going to get 4 tickets, we are staying 8 days and going to Universal two of those days, so I might wanna add at least one more day, not certain.)

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So, if you buy 4 day Magic Your Way tickets without the park hopper option, just the base tickets and you get to the resort and decide you wanna add a day can you do so for the price you quoted? (Im planning our first trip to WDW and only going to get 4 tickets, we are staying 8 days and going to Universal two of those days, so I might wanna add at least one more day, not certain.)

If you go here, they show the break-down of how much it costs for tickets from 1 day to 10 days. you can change the chart by selecting the various options [Hooper, Water Parks & More and No-Expiry] at the toggles above the chart.

A base ticket for an adult costs $90.35 for one day, $178.92 for two, $247.08 for three, $258.80 for four, $267.32 for five...

Any changes have to be done before or within the 14-day window from first use.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Yes you can - anytime withing 14 days of the first use.

Upvote 0

JENA_le

Original Poster
Thank you all, for all the info.

So glad I signed up here! This site is going to help so much in planning our first family trip to WDW!!!!! Can't wait!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

If you go here, they show the break-down of how much it costs for tickets from 1 day to 10 days. you can change the chart by selecting the various options [Hooper, Water Parks & More and No-Expiry] at the toggles above the chart.

A base ticket for an adult costs $90.35 for one day, $178.92 for two, $247.08 for three, $258.80 for four, $267.32 for five...

Any changes have to be done before or within the 14-day window from first use.

I also believe now the tickets must be upgraded or changed before you use the last day on them...even if that is within 14 days. So if you have a 3 day ticket, you need to add that 4th day before you have used all your days on that pass.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Just for further clarity, just in case this question comes up in your mind, I will also add that the 4 theme parks are in a completely seperate category from the "waterparks and more" admissions. To do more than one theme park (Epcot, MK, AK, DHS) in one day, you MUST get the park hopper option. The question comes up around here rather frequently on whether or not you can simply use two of your theme park entitlements on the same day to enter two parks, but the answer to that question is "no". Park hopper is required to visit more than one theme park in one day, but park hopper has absolutely nothing to do with the waterparks and more portion. You can spend the morning at one waterpark, the afternoon at another waterpark, the first part of the evening at DisneQuest (using 3 of the WP and More allowances in one day) and then finish up the evening doing extra magic hours at a theme park, if you so choose, and no parkhopper would be necessary in that instance.

But I do agree that doing Magic Kingdom and DHS in the same day might not be the best idea. I would suggest Animal Kingdom and DHS the same day and give MK and Epcot their own seperate days if you are looking to spend 3 days at the theme parks. I know some nature lovers can spend all day at AK, but as for us, we can be done by early afternoon. And we can cover most of DHS by early afternoon, too. Especially if you plan it on evening Extra Magic hours day, so you can do AK on the first part of the day, go back to the hotel for a break midday if you want, then go back to DHS that evening and have evening EMH.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Sorry to report it, Monty, but this is outdated information (what I highlighted in bold above). Effective August 3, 2011, you can no longer upgrade or add to a MYW ticket that has been exhausted of entitlements.

Yes, a ticket can still be used for 14 days from the date of first use. But let's say you buy a 4-day base ticket and use it for the first time on October 1. You use the ticket on October 1, 2, 5 and 7. On October 8, that ticket is no good anymore. It is not eligible to be upgraded or added to. Again, this is a change as of 8/03/11.

And just to be clear ... using the above example of dates, if you use your 4th of 4 days on October 7, you can still upgrade or add to that ticket through the end of the day on October 7th. In other words, the ticket isn't dead as soon as you put it into the turnstile. You can, for example, use your 4th of 4 days to go to Magic Kingdom, and then late that night when you're at Downtown Disney you decide you want to go to parks some more in future days ... you can samply take that ticket to Guest Services at DTD and upgrade the ticket, because you're doing so on the same day the ticket runs out.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sorry to report it, Monty, but this is outdated information (what I highlighted in bold above). Effective August 3, 2011, you can no longer upgrade or add to a MYW ticket that has been exhausted of entitlements.

Yes, a ticket can still be used for 14 days from the date of first use. But let's say you buy a 4-day base ticket and use it for the first time on October 1. You use the ticket on October 1, 2, 5 and 7. On October 8, that ticket is no good anymore. It is not eligible to be upgraded or added to. Again, this is a change as of 8/03/11.

And just to be clear ... using the above example of dates, if you use your 4th of 4 days on October 7, you can still upgrade or add to that ticket through the end of the day on October 7th. In other words, the ticket isn't dead as soon as you put it into the turnstile. You can, for example, use your 4th of 4 days to go to Magic Kingdom, and then late that night when you're at Downtown Disney you decide you want to go to parks some more in future days ... you can samply take that ticket to Guest Services at DTD and upgrade the ticket, because you're doing so on the same day the ticket runs out.

:eek:

So two months ago I was right! :cool:

:shrug:

EDIT: Thanks! Sometimes things get by me.

Upvote 0

JENA_le

Original Poster
Ok, just want to make super sure....

If I buy the tix I want now in 2011, but don't plan on using them till, lets say 2014.... they are still usable by then?

They don't expire? Ever? (unless I use a portion of the ticket then it would expire within 14 days)

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Correct. An unused ticket never expires. Once it is used, THEN the 14-day clock starts ticking.

If you buy a ticket today and don't use it, you can stick it in a drawer until 2014 and use it then. Hakuna matata!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom