Ticket Price Increase?

fyn

Exactly. The whole problem of the past few months has been guest spending. How the heck will higher ticket prices remedy that?

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but here's my take. Disney is discounting packages heavily right now, but we all know that's temporary. Raising ticket prices now can be offset by a slightly higher discount, so the effect is somewhat masked. As soon as spending trends back to normal and the discounts go away, bam, Disney is sitting there with higher ticket prices as "normal" prices.

Or, they've decided their attendance numbers are fine and feel they can justify the increased price.

lazyboy97o

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but here's my take. Disney is discounting packages heavily right now, but we all know that's temporary. Raising ticket prices now can be offset by a slightly higher discount, so the effect is somewhat masked. As soon as spending trends back to normal and the discounts go away, bam, Disney is sitting there with higher ticket prices as "normal" prices.

Or, they've decided their attendance numbers are fine and feel they can justify the increased price.
This does make some sense. It just seems like this type of plan would be best saved until there are very solid signs that this will only be a short term injury to guest spending levels.

hrcollectibles

You'd be better off buying tickets and use the alternative 'prizes' for the birthday.

A single-day admission is only a good deal if you're only going into the parks for one day while you're there, if you're buying tickets for other days it's a better value to pay the extra park day OOP and get the gift card or birthday FP.

Actually... I was able to upgrade my birthday ticket to a three day Magic Your way ticket with park hopper for $85. I have 6 months to use the extra day. I can also apply it to the cost of an annual pass within 6 months

ryguy

I guess I am a little surprised, but rising ticket prices at Disney isn't a shock. The average Disney guest doesn't know the difference, but for those of us who go all the time, it does cut a little deep. Nothing like kicking ya while your down. The only thing worse is the $12.00 a day parking fee. I guess the only real way to combat rising prices is to stop going, easier said, then done. :cry:

CaptainJackNO

This does make some sense. It just seems like this type of plan would be best saved until there are very solid signs that this will only be a short term injury to guest spending levels.

I just have to wonder when enough will be enough. I understand profit and I would never stand in a corporations way of making one; however, I do believe that these guys in charge will continue to outprice people from the WDW market. Really sad. Profit is great, but come on guys....:shrug:

CaptainJackNO

It's nice to try to find a sunny side to everything, but I believe that Disney has been raising ticket prices every year and the price change has no correlation to any new or updated attractions.
This is the best, most accurate post I have ever read on these forums. You, my friend, have put into words what I was having trouble grasping. Thanks for the clarity and I am voting for you for President in 2012:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

hrcollectibles

Oh boy. I know they are always raising ticket prices, but if they want people to come without raising ticket prices, just stop giving such ridiculous deals such as 3 free days

I think that's a misnomer.. They really didn't give anything away for free. The rooms were basically 40% off of rack rate ... I just wish they would reconsider a price hike. But you know what even if/when they do raise the ticket price people will still go heck I know I still will go. And if Disney raises prices you can expect the other theme parks to follow suit.

$35 - Florida Resident in 1992.

Would the free single-day park hopper ticket for being a roadie with my high school's jazz ensemble in 1991 count?? :)

LOL lets see, best I remember is my parents complaining the first time we went and they had to pay 29.95 to get in with me because we had 3 free tickets and needed a fourth....speaking of cheap my first trip to Busch Gardens Tampa was 24.95 with a huge group from my church. Man those were the days... I personally see that some point they will have to stop this ticket increase business or they are going to be 200 bucks a day by 2019:drevil:.

Disney_Freak429

It never fails this is what the 3rd yr. in a row WDW have given me this as a early B-Day gift (B-Day is Aug. 6) Oh well I just hope things don't get bumped too much or I can forget about renewing my AP.

Rob562

I seem to recall that at least in the past, regular park tickets and Annual/Seasonal passes had price increases at different times. One was in the spring, and one in the fall.

-Rob

Next Big Thing

It's nice to try to find a sunny side to everything, but I believe that Disney has been raising ticket prices every year and the price change has no correlation to any new or updated attractions.
well actually they have updated a few rides, HOP, IASW, SM, Pirates, HM and we have gotten the laugh floor, Soarin, TSM, EE, Stitches Great Mistake (yes it is within the 5 year time span i am aloting) and we are constantly getting new things in innoventions and all those new things are all within the last 5 years.They have also been updating the exterior of many rides and buildings (Main street, Small World/PVH).

Sure I wish that they would do more, but you can't say that they have done NOTHING.

T-1MILLION

well actually they have updated a few rides, HOP, IASW, SM, Pirates, HM and we have gotten the laugh floor, Soarin, TSM, EE, Stitches Great Mistake (yes it is within the 5 year time span i am aloting) and we are constantly getting new things in innoventions and all those new things are all within the last 5 years.They have also been updating the exterior of many rides and buildings (Main street, Small World/PVH).

Sure I wish that they would do more, but you can't say that they have done NOTHING.

It still has no correlation to the price increases. That is what Disney is supposed to be doing as a quality highly regarded entertainment company. I agree they have been doing better lately...but it is still what they should be doing. Propspering and upkeeping what they have. Rooneymouse's point still remains. There is no correlation to price increases. The most visited group of theme parks and resort in the world does not need to raise prices this often.

Disney05

I also think this is bad timing. No one likes to see prices increase at anytime but with the economy the way it is I think Disney would be better off running a campaign on how they are not raising prices this year.

mjmyers

Don't they raise prices every August? This is nothing new. I agree with the article about Undercovertourist.com. I just bought my tickets from there last week for my August trip and they are the cheapest. $10 might not seem like much, but for a group, it adds up.

jakeman

Don't they raise prices every August?
Yes, they do, and the same conversation is rehashed with various reasons why they shouldn't be raised.

I'm just suprised we made it three pages without the standard, "I won't be able to go. Disney is a right and this is unfair" post.

Do we know how much they are raising them and how that compares to other years?

Additionally, jt, they are raising prices because they feel the market can still bear the increase, not to provide us with new attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom