Ticket price increase / FP+ changes coming?

Lirael

I'm sure Disney dreams of being able to do the Universal model without people complaining, but it's just not the same.

I just checked, and Universal's value (Endless Summer Resort) is costing 109 on the same period an All Star is costing 150. Endless Summer has shuttles to the park + early admission every day. All Star has shuttles to the park and possible extra hours maybe some days at a park or another. However, AS also includes Airport Transfer and FP+, which ES does not.

In this sense, AS is 40+ dolars more expensive but has more perks. However, take out FP+ and suddenly you're paying much more for too little gain. Might as well stay in Universal longer or an outside hotel

Disneyfanman

Is the supposition that they would overlay it on the current system? I just assumed it would be rebuilt from the ground up.

Yeah. That's what I'm afraid of.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

I totally agree with this. WDW does not have the capacity for MAXPASS. At DL it works great, but it would crash and burn at WDW.

Disstevefan1

I am guessing WDW will eventually begin charging for fast passes for a guaranteed fast pass return time while maintaining some sort of free fast pass system too.

WDW is very much into maintaining and growing their class system; if you got the money you can pay to get extra magic, if you don’t have the money you get the regular magic.

Disney loves this. And many folks get sucked right into the “keep up with the Jones” mentality.

Having said that, the folks paying the big bucks for the deluxe resorts SHOULD get some guaranteed past passes as part of their stay, but no, Disney says, “They paid so much for their room, we can make them pay for fast passes too!”

Disney wins. Disney always wins.

BigThunderMatt

Got in the mail from Holland America Cruise Line a 78 day African cruise leave Ft Lauderdale go completely around Africa into the Med and back to Ft Lauderdale 2 people 40K that comes out to $512/day --state room with balcony. If you have ever been on a cruise the food far exceeds anything at WDW and it's included, service is unbelievable. Wife and I are seriously considering this and finished with Disney and their ever increasing prices and diminished service. Yes Disney has an obligation to their stock holders but their business is based on guest satisfaction which IMO has taken a back seat to stockholders.

If you've got 40k to just blow on a vacation, regardless of how ridiculously long it is, and you're complaining about a FastPass upcharge (where even if it wasn't being spelled out as a separate line item you were likely already paying for it with your early on-property booking) being the straw that broke the camel's back, your priorities are in the wrong place. This change has been a long time coming and Disney has been lagging behind the rest of the industry in this regard. I would gladly pay a premium to dictate how and when I experience things without having to book a tour guide or share a line with the unwashed dregs of humanity that think a Disney vacation is a rite of passage that they're entitled to rather than a luxury you have to earn.

drizgirl

If you've got 40k to just blow on a vacation, regardless of how ridiculously long it is, and you're complaining about a FastPass upcharge (where even if it wasn't being spelled out as a separate line item you were likely already paying for it with your early on-property booking) being the straw that broke the camel's back, your priorities are in the wrong place. This change has been a long time coming and Disney has been lagging behind the rest of the industry in this regard. I would gladly pay a premium to dictate how and when I experience things without having to book a tour guide or share a line with the unwashed dregs of humanity that think a Disney vacation is a rite of passage that they're entitled to rather than a luxury you have to earn.
It doesn't matter if someone has money to blow. They still have to find value in what they're spending it on.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
You don't consider $131 a day a "premium" price?

DisneyCane

If there were a mechanism to limit attendance to the number of guests in each park to the level that existed during paper fastpasses then you might have a chance. But all things are not equal.

Sure back then you actually had days where the parks were empty but the moderate and busy days were close to as packed as they are now.

bryanfze55

You seem pleasant...

John park hopper

It doesn't matter if someone has money to blow. They still have to find value in what they're spending it on.
Exactly--- there is far more value in what Holland America is offering than what WDW is and you get see the real thing not some theme part version of a foreign country. I have been to WDW numerous times

Minnesota disney fan

I have a visceral reaction to that. I really do think that will be the end for me.
Yes, it saddens me that we might be getting there soon. Our next trip is in 2 weeks, during a supposedly "slow"time. It is after the half marathon and before the big Spring break and has always been better for touring. If we go and it's shoulder to shoulder crowded in every park? Then that is it for us. I don't like to push through crowds, and won't for our 3 fp's! If it goes to pay fp, then that's it. However, I like the way Universal does EP. It seems to work for them. We've used it before, but honestly, we only needed it for 2 rides, Minions and Shrek. The rest were walk on. Even HP standby wasn't that bad. So, like you, we might be reaching our limit soon.

dreamfinder

@marni1971

this may sound snarky, but it’s not....

Why bother with free FP+ for Tier 1/high demand attractions?

They could easily charge $5 per person per FP and people would pay it. What is stopping them from doing it this way?

It's already in play at some of the overseas parks. DLRP and SDL both have paid fast pass options.

I'm wondering if Paid FPs will be like an add on to your ticket like a park hopper:

For instance:
1 day 1 park ticket $130
1 day park hopper $195

The following can be added on
Magic Kingdoms Classics Package $40 per ticket with an any time fastpass for Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Tea cups
Magic Kingdoms Thrills Package $70 with an any time fastpass for Space, BTMRR, and Splash
Magic Kingdoms Princess Package $80 with an any time fastpass for 7 dwarfs, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Princess meet and greet
Epcot Thrills $60 includes FP for TT, Soarin, and Mission Space
Epcot Discovery $60 Frozen, Nemo and the Land
Hollywood Studios Star Wars $100 SWGE:SR, Star Tours, and RoTR
Hollywood Studios Toy Story: $70 SDD, TSMM, and AS*S
Hollywood Big Thrills: $70 ToT, RnRC, and Star Tours
Animal Kingdom Big Thrills: $70 FoP, Everest, and Kali

Something similar to this is how SDL handles it. You can buy FP on a ride by ride basis, a few rides, or a large swath of them. Prices vary based on their anticipated demand.

prberk

Disney...whatever you do... PLEASE do not make what is already too complicated even more complicated

The saddest part to me is that, while we WDW "experts" used to enjoy the perks of being a regular like navigating FP/FP+ to help our planning and add a few bonuses, it was still possible for newbies and fans alike to drop in on WDW (even just the Magic Kingdom -- "Disney World" to many tourists) and enjoy a day without planning -- and thus open to it all as a pleasant surprise. But now that is less and less possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom