Ticket price increase / FP+ changes coming?

Dutch Inn '76

I do not understand all the angst over FP+. Yes, it sucks a little that I have to make reservations 3 months ahead of time for something as silly as a ride - but the rest of FP+ is awesome. I'm the member of my party that is the designated "FastPass Getter." I'm glad that I don't have to run all over the park anymore getting FPs for everyone else. Also, the magic bands are really cool, especially considering all of their other functions.

...and the folks saying that you can't get on the ride are just wrong. The traditional line is there, ready when you are.

rle4lunch

I do not understand all the angst over FP+. Yes, it sucks a little that I have to make reservations 3 months ahead of time for something as silly as a ride - but the rest of FP+ is awesome. I'm the member of my party that is the designated "FastPass Getter." I'm glad that I don't have to run all over the park anymore getting FPs for everyone else. Also, the magic bands are really cool, especially considering all of their other functions.

...and the folks saying that you can't get on the ride are just wrong. The traditional line is there, ready when you are.

I'm all for keeping the FP+ system and add on a maxpass option. That thing works! We've used it multiple times in the last year and we average 8-10 FP each day, each trip.

Touchdown

I’ll say it again, if Maxpass comes to FL I would be all for it! I can usually hit every E-ticket in both parks with that system, and $15 a day is worth it. I have concerns about it potentially costing for though...

donsullivan

Premium Member
I'm all for keeping the FP+ system and add on a maxpass option. That thing works! We've used it multiple times in the last year and we average 8-10 FP each day, each trip.

If you kept the current FP+ system there would still be no FP available for any of the major attractions on the day-of so MaxPass wouldn't make any sense. Something would have to change with FP+ to reduce the percentage of FP inventory that could be made in advance to leave a significant inventory for day-of use via MaxPass.

As an Orlando local I was originally a fan of FP+ since I do not always do the all day forced march through the parks when I visit. However, over time it became clear that getting a FP for any major/popular attraction was completely impossible when my 30 window opened up- they are ALL long gone. I had the opportunity to use MaxPass last June at Disneyland and quite liked it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
This article is just a bunch of rumors strung together. Some of which seems like copy/paste of incorrect rumors from last year.

When there's an article that actually has announcements direct from Disney I'll actually do more than skim.

Last edited:

Nubs70

Unforseen flaws???? Right, we noted plenty of them here.

The main flaw is there is no way to monitize FP+ other than staffing optimization

Paid FP+ will create 2 levers to increase revenue. Base ticket for entry.
Paid FP+ if you want to ride anything.

Fractional increases in park entry cost combined with fractional increases in the cost to ride anything combined with an emphasis on running rides a maximum thruput.

lazyboy97o

MaxPass works better because the parks at the Disneyland Resort have better capacity than the parks of Walt Disney World. The root problem is the lack of capacity. Charging for FastPass+ would just be another shell game intended to hide lack of capacity and create “crowds”.

jt04

Every ticketed guest should receive 1 tier 1 fastpass each day. Whether by boarding group or, once those are full, through the app. This should be the foundation and other options should build on it. Such as maxpass or standby only attractions.

Thank you for your time.

drizgirl

If you kept the current FP+ system there would still be no FP available for any of the major attractions on the day-of so MaxPass wouldn't make any sense. Something would have to change with FP+ to reduce the percentage of FP inventory that could be made in advance to leave a significant inventory for day-of use via MaxPass.

As an Orlando local I was originally a fan of FP+ since I do not always do the all day forced march through the parks when I visit. However, over time it became clear that getting a FP for any major/popular attraction was completely impossible when my 30 window opened up- they are ALL long gone. I had the opportunity to use MaxPass last June at Disneyland and quite liked it.
Is the supposition that they would overlay it on the current system? I just assumed it would be rebuilt from the ground up.
Paid FP+ if you want to ride anything.
Yeah. That's what I'm afraid of.

MaxPass works better because the parks at the Disneyland Resort have better capacity than the parks of Walt Disney World. The root problem is the lack of capacity. Charging for FastPass+ would just be another shell game intended to hide lack of capacity and create “crowds”.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Touchdown

DLR Rides with Maxpass that are “worth it” (ie will reduce your wait most of the time)
-Space Mtn
-Star Tours
-Matterhorn
-Rodger Rabbit
-BTMRR
-HM
-Splash
-Indy
-RSR
-Incridicoaster
-TSMM
-GRR
-Soarin
-GotG

WDW fastpasses I would seek out if on Maxpass:
-Space Mtn
-Pooh
-SDMT
-Pan
-HM
-Splash
-BTMRR
-Pirates
-SSE
-Soarin
-Frozen
-Test Track
-ToT
-RnRRC
-TSMM
-SDD
-Star Tours
-FoP
-NRJ
-Safari
-Kali
-Everest
-Dinosaur

15:23 DLR vs WDW, and I’m not even including night shows or coming FP attractions.

lazyboy97o

DLR Rides with Maxpass that are “worth it” (ie will reduce your wait most of the time)
-Space Mtn
-Star Tours
-Matterhorn
-Rodger Rabbit
-BTMRR
-HM
-Splash
-Indy
-RSR
-Incridicoaster
-TSMM
-GRR
-Soarin
-GotG

-Space Mtn
-Pooh
-SDMT
-Pan
-HM
-Splash
-BTMRR
-Pirates
-SSE
-Soarin
-Frozen
-Test Track
-ToT
-RnRRC
-TSMM
-SDD
-Star Tours
-FoP
-NRJ
-Safari
-Kali
-Everest
-Dinosaur

15:23 DLR vs WDW, and I’m not even including night shows or coming FP attractions.
Good for you and irrelevant.

drizgirl

-Space Mtn
-Star Tours
-Matterhorn
-Rodger Rabbit
-BTMRR
-HM
-Splash
-Indy
-RSR
-Incridicoaster
-TSMM
-GRR
-Soarin
-GotG

-Space Mtn
-Pooh
-SDMT
-Pan
-HM
-Splash
-BTMRR
-Pirates
-SSE
-Soarin
-Frozen
-Test Track
-ToT
-RnRRC
-TSMM
-SDD
-Star Tours
-FoP
-NRJ
-Safari
-Kali
-Everest
-Dinosaur

That's because DLR hasn't slapped FP on everything under the sun. And because the attractions are in 2 parks instead of 4.

As for night shows, that's smoke and mirrors. You don't need a FP for any of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom