Ticket policy?

BeachClubMember

Does anyone know how strick the parks are about having a ticket for a 3 year old? My son just turned 3 this weekend and we arrive at WDW in a few weeks. Can I get away with not purchasing a park pass for him this time around? How will they actually know or even question his age? I can just say he turns 3 in a week and save some serious $$ right? :shrug:

PixieDust2006

So where do you draw the line? 2 weeks after a birthday? 3 weeks? One month? Two months? It is pretty black and white....whatever age the child is on the first day of your vacation is the age Disney goes by.

Not sure that is accurate. My brother when purchasing his package for the April 2006 trip was told that it is the age of the child when the trip is booked. When my brother booked the trip she was nine. When we made the trip she was ten. He called again to make sure because he didn't want any problems...because believe me she is proud to be a ten year old and if asked she will tell you she is ten. He was told again that they go by the age of the child at the time of booking. Don't know...but really that's what we were told by Disney Reservations. Now this next year...no doubt...she's an adult ticket!

Upvote 0

BeachClubMember

Original Poster
Not to be rude but this is a 3 year old we're talking about here. He has no idea that he even needs a ticket to get in to the parks. At 3 he is still focusing on not peeing his pants. Come on people, it was a simple question. Don't start this talk about morals and values. This is nuts.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Not to be rude but this is a 3 year old we're talking about here. He has no idea that he even needs a ticket to get in to the parks. At 3 he is still focusing on not peeing his pants. Come on people, it was a simple question. Don't start this talk about morals and values. This is nuts.

Three year olds are not ignorant...or at least mine isnt. On our last trip, each time we went into the gate, he was aware that the little paper thing went into the slot and he had to walk through the "roundy" thing......

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Not sure that is accurate. My brother when purchasing his package for the April 2006 trip was told that it is the age of the child when the trip is booked. When my brother booked the trip she was nine. When we made the trip she was ten. He called again to make sure because he didn't want any problems...because believe me she is proud to be a ten year old and if asked she will tell you she is ten. He was told again that they go by the age of the child at the time of booking. Don't know...but really that's what we were told by Disney Reservations. Now this next year...no doubt...she's an adult ticket!

No, not true. They always ask what age the child will be at the time of travel. This is what they go by. Even when you book online it specifcally asks for the ages of the children at the time of travel. If your child is still two on your arrival day, they do not have to pay for a ticket for your entire stay. Even if they turn three the next day.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

welcome to nut-ville. :wave: :ROFLOL:

people who post in this thread always follow every law to the letter. they never exceed the speed limit or pull the tags off of mattresses. :p

Upvote 0

happymom52003

But that is exactly what the OP wants opinions on....should she lie or not?

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

So where do you draw the line? 2 weeks after a birthday? 3 weeks? One month? Two months? It is pretty black and white....whatever age the child is on the first day of your vacation is the age Disney goes by. There is no "grace" period. So you are either being honest, or you are being dishonest. There is no grey area here!
I'm not real sure why the OP asked this question, since she knows the policy. It is a personal decsion to be honest or to not be honest. Maybe he/she was hoping to make themselves feel better about lying if others chimed in and said, "Sure....we would lie too..so go right ahead!".

I don't disagree. I don't think there is any gray area in the policy. It is completely a personal choice of how honest you want to be. Do you lie when you know you can get away with it or do you tell the truth because it's the right thing to do? It's an age old question that people will always have different feelings about.

To the OP, if you are a DVC member doesn't Disney have your child's birthday in their system?

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

Can't really agree with you.

If someone asked my 3 year old how old she was and I interjected that she was 2... she would look at me immediately and say "Daddy... you're silly. you know I'm three." I can also ask her specifically if she's telling the truth. I already know the answer and 99% of the time will answer correctly. She'll admit she wasn't or proudly state she was. She knows a lie is a lie and she knows it's wrong.

If she sees me lie, what does that do? Does it not confuse her or make her question why I can lie but she can't? It's just not worth it to me to save a few bucks.

Again, I'm not convicting you or attacking you... just hoping that you look at it as more than saving some money. There's more at stake!

Upvote 0

BeachClubMember

Original Poster
Again sorry I asked the question. I was mearly curious if they actually checked or asked a childs age. Just trying to save some $$, not like I'm robbing a bank here. The amount of $$ we'll spend on the $20 burgers and fries all week will make up for all the $$ they will lose when I don't buy a ticket. In the end they still win.

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

Three year olds are not ignorant...or at least mine isnt. On our last trip, each time we went into the gate, he was aware that the little paper thing went into the slot and he had to walk through the "roundy" thing......

When my DD was 3 she knew she had to have ticket to get in, but I doubt she realized we paid for them. She also thought Disney World was "in the clouds" because we flew there in an air plane.

Just for the record, she had been three for a month and I paid for her ticket.

Upvote 0

PixieDust2006

No, not true. They always ask what age the child will be at the time of travel. This is what they go by. Even when you book online it specifcally asks for the ages of the children at the time of travel. If your child is still two on your arrival day, they do not have to pay for a ticket for your entire stay. Even if they turn three the next day.

I overheard the conversation (well my brother's end) in question and my brother was told, the age at the time of booking. If I am giving out incorrect information, I apolgize. I am simply telling of our experience.

Upvote 0

BeachClubMember

Original Poster
Yes they do have the childs age in the system because we are DVC. However the tickets I have to get into the park for myself and my wife were purchased years ago before we were members. Honesly I think this is really funny how upset everyone is getting. Time to move on now to another topic....

Upvote 0

coasterphil

With the child to adult question it is a little different. If you bought the tickets when he/she was nine but didn't use them until later, then you are within the rules as far as Disney is concerned.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yes they do have the childs age in the system because we are DVC. However the tickets I have to get into the park for myself and my wife were purchased years ago before we were members. Honesly I think this is really funny how upset everyone is getting. Time to move on now to another topic....

Im not sure upset is the appropriate label. I think people are giving their opinion as to what the situation involves.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom