News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

Disney Analyst

Are you sure?

That image seems to show this area, which cuts off at the purple lines I've added.

All I can get a sense of is they added a better marquee, and rethemed the tree planter in brick.

Screen Shot 2023-09-06 at 3.24.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-06 at 3.24.37 PM.png

ETA to add visual reference from the photo in question:

F5XhQj6WIAA5TQy.jpeg

TP2000

Are you sure?

That image seems to show this area, which cuts off at the purple lines I've added.

All I can get a sense of is they added a better marquee, and rethemed the tree planter in brick.

View attachment 741269

View attachment 741271

View attachment 741273

I think the Planter Policeman (@mickEblu) was mistaken and thought your photos of the east-facing side of Tiana's Palace looking out to the river was the west-facing side looking at the railroad tracks.

Unless there's some other photo of the west side of the restaurant he was looking at and hasn't shared yet?

Disney Analyst

I think the Planter Policeman (@mickEblu) was mistaken and thought your photos of the east-facing side of Tiana's Palace looking out to the river was the west-facing side looking at the railroad tracks.

Unless there's some other photo of the west side of the restaurant he was looking at and hasn't shared yet?

I think it's early panic, and we should be fine. We find out tomorrow.

But I do love what they did with that area, the tree planter looks way nicer.

mickEblu

Are you sure?

View attachment 741269

View attachment 741271

View attachment 741273

False alarm! Sorry, didn’t mean to upset you all on this fine Wednesday afternoon. I put that post together in an under a minute as I was stepping out the house to pick up my son from school with my 2 year old in tow. TP is right. I thought I was looking at the other side for a second. I jumped to conclusions when I saw “Mobile order” pickup. That Mobile order pick up window is new right?

Disney Analyst

False alarm! Sorry, didn’t mean to upset you all on this fine Wednesday afternoon. I put that post together in an under a minute as I was stepping out the house to pick up my son from school with my 2 year old in tow. TP is right. I thought I was looking at the other side for a second. I jumped to conclusions when I saw “Mobile order” pickup. That Mobile order pick up window is new right?

Yes, brand new window! Used to be a "door" before it seems. Or maybe a closed shuttered window?

Hard to tell from the street view.

TP2000

Planter Police here. This retheme is in violation of DLcharm66. The following planter appears to have been removed.
False alarm! Sorry, didn’t mean to upset you all on this fine Wednesday afternoon.

Phew! 🚨🚨🚨

How about we do this, Officer?... You go over to the side window at Tiana's Palace and get yourself a nice box of fresh beignets and go back to your Planter Police squad car 🚓 and wait for us to call you if we need you?

And thank you for your service. 👮‍♂️

Last edited:

mickEblu

mickEblu

Phew! 🚨🚨🚨

How about we do this, Officer?... You go over to the side window at Tiana's Palace and get yourself a nice box of fresh beignets and go back to your Planter Police squad car 🚓 and wait for us to call you if we need you? It's just nice knowing you are there if the community needs you.

And thank you for your service. 👮‍♂️

LOL. I can’t, my annual pass expired but I’ll report back with pictures of all the beautiful Knotts and USH planters in due time. All 6 of them.

Disney Analyst

View attachment 741277

😊

This retheme has a pending approval from The Planter Policeman. Just need to make sure the planter I shared earlier is intact. I also reserve the right to complain at a later date.

They need to maintain some planters in the area, seeing as Mangolia Park will be ripped to shreds, torn apart, made smaller, absorbed, and gentrified by the evil Manor next door ;)

mickEblu

They need to maintain some planters in the area, seeing as Mangolia Park will be ripped to shreds, torn apart, made smaller, absorbed, and gentrified by the evil Manor next door ;)

💔

You know I wasn’t trying to go there today but now that you mentioned it, yes, I’ll be very busy writing up infractions when Magnolia Park opens up next year after the HM queue redo.

mickEblu

More promo videos like this one, please. It comes off as much more natural and authentic.

I like that the PatF details in the restaurant are subtle and tasteful.

I was going to say the same thing until I saw the cartoon father daughter picture. Otherwise it’s nice. I’m never a fan of painting bricks white though. That’s what everyone does in LA when they re flipping a house and trying to make it “modern.” White painted bricks don’t scream 1920’s New Orleans to me.

Californian Elitist

I was going to say the same thing until I saw the cartoon father daughter picture. Otherwise it’s nice. I’m never a fan of painting bricks white though. That’s what everyone does in LA when they re flipping a house and trying to make it “modern.” White painted bricks don’t scream 1920’s New Orleans to me.
I agree that it doesn’t scream 1920s New Orleans. And I still think they should have named it “Tiana’s Place” because, although I like what they did with the restaurant, it doesn’t have the grandeur aesthetic of Tiana’s Palace in the movie.

TP2000

I appreciate that they installed real handrails for the Mint Julep Bar, instead of the cheap poles and ropes they used to use that would always be messy and dirty and unorganized.

My only very minor note is that the color shade of the new lights seems to be just a tad off. It looks too LED white, probably at 3000K, when it should be warmer and at least 2700K, or even 2500K for "old timey" lighting.

Otherwise, this looks like a great update for the exterior of the old French Market.

F46cqJPbwAAHBUa

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom