Tiana's Showboat Jubilee opens today

Exprcoofto

I agree, in that sense it works fine.

But in WDW, you ARE in LS...:lookaroun

When watching the show you're going to be more in Frontierland I would think. I have no idea where they will come out from in DL or if they will have a M&G in NOS in DL, but the show itself works fine on the river in WDW.

nemofinder22

When watching the show you're going to be more in Frontierland I would think. I have no idea where they will come out from in DL or if they will have a M&G in NOS in DL, but the show itself works fine on the river in WDW.

Its said the DL one will start in NOS the meet and greet is rumored to be located in the Court of Angels(which is currently under refurbishment)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__arA_6ZjPdU/SIaItt9jMlI/AAAAAAAAB7k/iSa2msSc8A4/s400/daveland_court.jpg

TP2000

I have no idea where they will come out from in DL or if they will have a M&G in NOS in DL, but the show itself works fine on the river in WDW.

At Disneyland, the Tiana Meet & Greet takes place back in the Court of Angels in New Orleans Square, back in that little courtyard you can make out at the end of this alley;

full.jpg

The Court of Angels has been closed for a couple of weeks while they get it set up for the Meet & Greet, but this is the Court in its normal state;

daveland_court.jpg

Then the procession marches out four times per day through the alleys of New Orleans Square and down past Pirates of the Caribbean and the Riverbelle Terrace to the riverboat. These busy New Orleans Square alleys could be a real crowd control problem for the Tiana procession :eek:

20080208_018-a.jpg

TP2000

^ Never been to DL, but in photos NOS has always struck me as having to be one of the most amazing spots there.

It shows up in online surveys and conversations as many folks "favorite" lands in Disneyland. I like the area a lot, it's very detailed and will fit the Tiana movie stuff perfectly, but I've always been more of a Tomorrowland guy. :cool:

EPCOT Explorer

^^^

That doesn't look like a theme park...That looks real. Sheesh.:eek:

Oh, yeah, I know. We agree.:lol:

TP2000

^^^

That doesn't look like a theme park...That looks real. Sheesh.:eek:

It's real. It's Disneyland USA. :animwink: And it really is a perfect setting for Princess Tiana. You have to wonder how much John Lasseter influenced the Studios placing the latest Princess in the exact place and time of a land that already exists at Disneyland.

New Orleans Square really was Walt's crowning achievement in theme park design. He opened it in July, 1966 about five months before he passed away. Walt Disney and his entire hand-picked organization were at the very top of their artistic game when they designed and built New Orleans Square in the mid 1960's, not to mention its signature attraction Pirates of the Caribbean. :sohappy:

Walt-model.jpg

TP2000

All I have to say is wow :eek:

Disneyland does amazing stuff at Christmas. Amazing. And they go all out in New Orleans Square with a very funky look, like each shop owner did something a bit different from the shop or restaurant next door. But it all comes together.

IMG_0065.jpg

My favorite thing about New Orleans Square at Christmas are all the street lamps decorated in different themes.

2400263164_c320bc8a2d.jpg
3327787466_0b48476db4.jpg
298595098_3347113e74.jpg

It will be interesting to see how Tiana meshes into all of this decorative frenzy in November and December. Is it possible putting Tiana and her jazzy procession in this New Orleans Square Christmas environment might be themed overload??? Maybe too much of a good thing and just too frantic???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom